Skip to content

Tailgate Recipe's

The Browns Board
12 5 987
  • Here's something everybody likes.

    Food.

    What is your specialty when it comes to tailgating?

    Beer.

    Got a game brew thats a notch above the rest?

    Booze.

    Is there a bottle of Jameson Select just for game day?

  • here's an appetizer

    usctailgateparty.jpg

  • can they come?

    auburn01.jpg

  • here's an appetizer

    usctailgateparty.jpg

    @hammertime said:

    here's an appetizer

    usctailgateparty.jpg

    Thanks hammer, I've been tellin the wife for years, "just cuz I'm on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu" (nice menu)

  • Pittspuke tailgate party.

    tailgate1h.jpg

  • Maybe we can get Skippy to run some of this through the new Slurpee machine so some of the not so faithful can finally have

    some koolaid and a little faith. 😉http://www.recipezaar.com/Absolutely-Perfect-Kool-Aid-33387

    Absolutely Perfect Kool-Aid

    By: Lennie

    Jul 7, 2002

    Who would have thought you could improve on the package directions of Kool-Aid? Well, you can! This is now my family's favourite way to prepare Kool-Aid, at one-and-a-half strength. We tried it at double-strength, but preferred this method, with this amount of sweetness. The extra flavour burst is particularly noticeable, we have found, with cherry, orange, and grape.

    SERVES 16

    Ingredients

    * 3 (6 g) packages Kool-Aid, your favourite flavour

    * 1 1/2 cups sugar

    * 1 gallon cold water

    Directions

    1.

    In a LARGE juice pitcher (1 gallon/4 litres), stir together the 3 packages of koolaid and the sugar.

    2.

    Add about 1/3 of the water and stir well, making sure Kool-Aid and sugar dissolves.

    3.

    Slowly stir in remaining water; chill.

  • These 3 are definately invited

    hotbeergirlsjpgw300h348.jpg

  • Pittspuke tailgate party.

    tailgate1h.jpg

    @hammertime said:

    Pittspuke tailgate party.

    tailgate1h.jpg

    Lumber futures just went off the charts in pittspuke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Ballpeen had graciously shared a chili recipe with us a while back. I hope he'll forgive my audacity for pasting it here.

    Thank you Peen. 🙂 found here: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...11&hl=chili (Thank Peen Here)

    Sure man.

    3lb ground beef

    1lb part italian or hot sausage(whatever you feel like....I went Italian this go)

    3 can diced tomatos...4 doesn't hurt anything

    1 small can of tomatos and chilis to add some zing...Rotel or any other brand

    2 large onions chopped

    2 cans kidney beans if I feel like beans

    That is the best I can tell you as far as measured ingredients. The rest sort of depends on feel and taste....

    Chili powder....say 5-6 tablespoons to start

    Half that amount of cumin....gives chili flavor without heat

    Salt..whatever tastes good to you

    Maybe 15 grinds of black pepper

    garlic powder....not salt...not a lot...a few dashes from the shaker.

    I guess that is it...

    Oh....my secret ingredient...vinegar...plain white vinegar...I have no idea how much it is, but it is added a little at a time...just keep taste testing...too much will screw it up...too little and it doesn't give it that ohhh and ahhh factor. maybe 4-5 tablespoons worth....just don't know

    Brown the meat, drain the grease...add all the other stuff and enough water to cover the meat and bring to boil...then simmer a few hours.

    I always make mine the day before, let cool, the refirgerate. It allows you to pikc off that last layer of grease that cooks out of the meat. The sausage releases a lot of grease....if you don't skim, it can be a little fatty IMO(if you knew me, you would know I am not against grease...lived in the south most of my life)

    Oh....if you add beans, I do it near the end of the simmer process as I don't like to get them all broken up due to stirring once in a while....but it doesn't really matter.

    Also...the vinegar...it is best to add it later in the simmer process...don't know why, but it seems to give you a better read.

    Just play with the chili powder level to get what you want...my measurements were a start.

    You can also use one of those chili packs...McCormack or whatever as a starting point on the chili powder

    If you have a moment, stop at the original posting at the link above and shoot Peen a Thanks.

  • One 250 pound (dressed weight) hog. Start charcoal, add wet apple wood. Cook for eight hours while rotisserie is turning Feeds quite a few

  • One 250 pound (dressed weight) hog. Start charcoal, add wet apple wood. Cook for eight hours while rotisserie is turning Feeds quite a few

    @dawgtracker said:

    One 250 pound (dressed weight) hog. Start charcoal, add wet apple wood. Cook for eight hours while rotisserie is turning Feeds quite a few

    She said the pork wasn't cooked enough

    bengalsvsbrowns025.jpg

  • Stooler fans tailgate Part 2:

    hillbilly18.jpg