Skip to content

Can the Browns be the next AFC NORTH TITLE holder

The Browns Board
11 7 539 1
  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I don't see why not. The Steelers are going to be battling it out with the Bengals for last place this year. With some overdue luck and a solid draft this year The browns could be set up for the long term.

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by BrownsfaninPa
    #3

    Who remembers the WLAF games in the early 90's. I was a fan of the San Antonio Riders. I chose that team only because of the team colors. When the WLAF was formed, and the teams were announced, the S.A. Riders team colors were Brown, Gold, & White, with a  hint of orange. The team only lasted 2 seasons. But those team colors were my favorite. I though of a fanasty team using those colors and came up with a team name THE CRAWLERS. Helmet was gold with two brown stripes and a white stripe in the middle. The helmet logo was a spider web that stretched the entire side of the helmet. with a brown facemask. Home jerseys were brown with white numbers trimmed in orange, away jerseys were white with brown numbers trimmed in orange, Pants were gold with 2 brown stripes, and one white stripe. The brown jerseys had white and gold stripes on the sleeve, and the away jersey had brown and gold stripes on the sleeve.

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Can’t ever count out PIT and BAL. they’ve had steady organization and leadership for a very long time and it looks like it’s just now starting to happen for us. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Their helmet:

    30+ Sports: Defunct Team Logos ideas | team logo, league, teams

    Amazon.com: 1991 Pro Set WLAF Inserts Football Card #32 Greg Gilbert San  Antonio Riders Official NFL Trading Card: Collectibles & Fine Art

    Jason Garrett with WLAF San Antonio Riders | World football league,  Professional football teams, Nfl football players

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Hi Gip, yes those were the days. I mailed 2 Jason Garrett cards to him when he was HC at the Cowboys, and he signed them for me. I have a collection of S.A. Riders cards along with all the other WLAF teams. Brown, gold and white look so good . Would love to find a RIDERS mini-helmet.

  • BrownsfaninPaB BrownsfaninPa wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Here is a little trivia for all of you. From 1948 to 1955, this Cleveland Browns player is still alive today at 96 yrs old. Dub Jones. He has a son who also played in the NFL, That was Bert Jones, Baltimore Colts . Bert is now 69 yrs old. I'm not sure but I believe Dub may be the oldest living Browns player today.

  • Here is a little trivia for all of you. From 1948 to 1955, this Cleveland Browns player is still alive today at 96 yrs old. Dub Jones. He has a son who also played in the NFL, That was Bert Jones, Baltimore Colts . Bert is now 69 yrs old. I'm not sure but I believe Dub may be the oldest living Browns player today.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    Here is a little trivia for all of you. From 1948 to 1955, this Cleveland Browns player is still alive today at 96 yrs old. Dub Jones. He has a son who also played in the NFL, That was Bert Jones, Baltimore Colts . Bert is now 69 yrs old. I'm not sure but I believe Dub may be the oldest living Browns player today.

    I didn't know he was still alive.

  • I don't see why not. The Steelers are going to be battling it out with the Bengals for last place this year. With some overdue luck and a solid draft this year The browns could be set up for the long term.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @erie-dawg said:

    I don't see why not. The Steelers are going to be battling it out with the Bengals for last place this year. With some overdue luck and a solid draft this year The browns could be set up for the long term.

    i believe pit will be at the bottom of the north

    if somehow cin can protect burrow I can see them winning 7-8 games 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #10

    If the Browns get JJ Watt and shore up the D... We're going to the SB... There!... I said it!

  • Who remembers the WLAF games in the early 90's. I was a fan of the San Antonio Riders. I chose that team only because of the team colors. When the WLAF was formed, and the teams were announced, the S.A. Riders team colors were Brown, Gold, & White, with a  hint of orange. The team only lasted 2 seasons. But those team colors were my favorite. I though of a fanasty team using those colors and came up with a team name THE CRAWLERS. Helmet was gold with two brown stripes and a white stripe in the middle. The helmet logo was a spider web that stretched the entire side of the helmet. with a brown facemask. Home jerseys were brown with white numbers trimmed in orange, away jerseys were white with brown numbers trimmed in orange, Pants were gold with 2 brown stripes, and one white stripe. The brown jerseys had white and gold stripes on the sleeve, and the away jersey had brown and gold stripes on the sleeve.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @brownsfaninpa said:

    Who remembers the WLAF games in the early 90's.

    I have zero memory of this league.

    I haven't paid attention to an alternate league since the mid-80's USFL including the San Antonio Gunslingers with Nuiheisal and the Jim Kelly lead Houston Gamblers.