Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. OK, Now I'm Impressed

OK, Now I'm Impressed

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
8 Posts 4 Posters 337 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Are you kidding me??  .77+? I didn't think this was possible

    https://dailycaller.com/2021/02/23/report-oregon-man-arrested-dui-record-high-bac/

    Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
      #2

      I had a DUI client once  that came very close to that.    It was above .70.....so I knew it was possible. 

      This was back in the 80s.  He was driving on I-76.  He did one of these U-turns in a cut in  the middle of the highway which you are not supposed to use for that.  When he was stopped he had  a half filled  half gallon of Vodka on the seat beside him.   The thing is,  the cop that arrested him said: "I have seen guys that I have stopped seem much drunker than him"   He was not stumbling nor slurring his speech,  and the odor of alcohol was not strong.   But there was that jug sitting there...and his admission that he had been drinking out of it.  And they performed the test twice just to be sure because they couldn't believe it.  I believe he was from out of state, so it was treated like a first offense...which it was here in Ohio. 

      I also had another one that was a .56. 

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
        • 28k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'm surprised he didn't die of alcohol poisoning.

        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
        The GipperT AxeA 2 Replies Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

          I'm surprised he didn't die of alcohol poisoning.

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @diehardbrownsfan said:

          I'm surprised he didn't die of alcohol poisoning.

          So were the cops. 

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ATOM ATOMA One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 657 Reputation
            ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
            #5

            warm springs native american area nothing really to do or see there actually it sucks from there to richmond 

            people are nice tho

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

              I'm surprised he didn't die of alcohol poisoning.

              Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @diehardbrownsfan said:

              I'm surprised he didn't die of alcohol poisoning.

              Yeah, I thought death was at around .50

              Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                • 28k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I remember when I was a kid, maybe 15 or so.  I filled up a Ronald Mcdonald cup about 3/4 of the way of my fathers booze.  Held my nose and guzzled it.  I then started walking to a party at a girls house about 2 miles away.  I started getting real messed up and couldn't walk straight.  I was walking along Big Creek Parkway and I veered into the woods and laid down on a large rock.  I passed out and woke up it was pitch black and I had puked all over myself and the rock while passed out.  Lucky I didn't die that night for sure.  BA must have been very high.

                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • AxeA Axe

                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                  I'm surprised he didn't die of alcohol poisoning.

                  Yeah, I thought death was at around .50

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @axe said:

                  Yeah, I thought death was at around .50

                  For a normal person, perhaps.  These were not normal people. Their tolerance had built up to that point beyond normality.  I have no doubt that the .70 guy I had may have died within a few years (he was probably in his 30s at the time). 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate