Skip to content

Finally...

Political Discussion
31 8 1.6k
  • SMART folks, folks grounded in reality, need to start responding in kind. Not just Democrats, Dan.

    I think most of us got tired of doing so here.

  • A few "dining room tables" in here as well.

  • A few "dining room tables" in here as well.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    A few "dining room tables" in here as well.

    😳

  • SMART folks, folks grounded in reality, need to start responding in kind. Not just Democrats, Dan.

    I think most of us got tired of doing so here.

    mz. said:

    SMART folks, folks grounded in reality, need to start responding in kind. Not just Democrats, Dan.

    I think most of us got tired of doing so here.

    🙄

  • Not my fault you were born with an IQ of 87 and can't keep up in discussion.

  • ROFLMAO! Mr. Intallegent!

  • in the manner they deserve.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    in the manner they deserve.

    So now it's not ok to compare the President to Hitler???

    Got it. 🙄

    The first time Barney fcuking Frank "owns" anyone, I'll eat my own shit.

    I'd also pay $100 per ticket to see both of those dining room tables debate each other.

    Dont get me wrong, the Townhall Crashers are tiresome, and a nuisance, but to hoist this idiot on your shoulders? Come on guys, there's better, and more importantly, you're better.

  • @heckofajobbrownie said:

    in the manner they deserve.

    So now it's not ok to compare the President to Hitler???

    Got it. 🙄

    The first time Barney fcuking Frank "owns" anyone, I'll eat my own shit.

    I'd also pay $100 per ticket to see both of those dining room tables debate each other.

    Dont get me wrong, the Townhall Crashers are tiresome, and a nuisance, but to hoist this idiot on your shoulders? Come on guys, there's better, and more importantly, you're better.

    @legacy-fan said:

    but to hoist this idiot on your shoulders?

    I'm not hoisting him on my shoulders (he looks heavy).

    I'm just glad SOMEONE told these idiots how we ALL feel about them. Nothing more.

  • Barney Frank is an idiot? Are you serious?

    That's funny. Of all the politicians I've talked to and asked who they think the smartest person in Congress is, the name that comes up the most often, and by a wide margin, is Barney Frank.

    I worked for a old pol once who said Frank was the smartest guy he'd run into in his 27-year career in politics.

    You may disagree with him, but the idea that he's an idiot who we shouldn't even bother listening to is, well, idiotic.

  • @legacy-fan said:

    but to hoist this idiot on your shoulders?

    I'm not hoisting him on my shoulders (he looks heavy).

    I'm just glad SOMEONE told these idiots how we ALL feel about them. Nothing more.

    mz. said:

    I'm not hoisting him on my shoulders (he looks heavy).

    I'm just glad SOMEONE told these idiots how we ALL feel about them. Nothing more.

    Yeah I understand. I just look at it like the dining room tables getting a chub over Palin's facebook rant or whatever.

  • Barney Frank is an idiot? Are you serious?

    That's funny. Of all the politicians I've talked to and asked who they think the smartest person in Congress is, the name that comes up the most often, and by a wide margin, is Barney Frank.

    I worked for a old pol once who said Frank was the smartest guy he'd run into in his 27-year career in politics.

    You may disagree with him, but the idea that he's an idiot who we shouldn't even bother listening to is, well, idiotic.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Barney Frank is an idiot? Are you serious?

    That's funny. Of all the politicians I've talked to and asked who they think the smartest person in Congress is, the name that comes up the most often, and by a wide margin, is Barney Frank.

    I worked for a old pol once who said Frank was the smartest guy he'd run into in his 27-year career in politics.

    You may disagree with him, but the idea that he's an idiot who we shouldn't even bother listening to is, well, idiotic.

    Fine. He's a liar then. Only an idiot would believe his Fan/Fred positions/ rants. Frank included.

  • mz. said:

    I'm not hoisting him on my shoulders (he looks heavy).

    I'm just glad SOMEONE told these idiots how we ALL feel about them. Nothing more.

    Yeah I understand. I just look at it like the dining room tables getting a chub over Palin's facebook rant or whatever.

    @legacy-fan said:

    Yeah I understand. I just look at it like the dining room tables getting a chub over Palin's facebook rant or whatever.

    A smart person getting tired of uninformed people screaming and saying so is quite different, to me, than uninformed people frothing at the mouth at something someone as uninformed as they are saying something uninformed.

  • @danamal said:

    I dont know about you guys but the best politician of all time is going primetime and I cant wait to see it!

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090817/ap_en_..._with_the_stars

    thumbs-down.jpg

  • And you guys praise the man who helped in creating the housing bubble.

    get real.

  • Barney Frank is an idiot? Are you serious?

    That's funny. Of all the politicians I've talked to and asked who they think the smartest person in Congress is, the name that comes up the most often, and by a wide margin, is Barney Frank.

    I worked for a old pol once who said Frank was the smartest guy he'd run into in his 27-year career in politics.

    You may disagree with him, but the idea that he's an idiot who we shouldn't even bother listening to is, well, idiotic.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Barney Frank is an idiot? Are you serious?

    That's funny. Of all the politicians I've talked to and asked who they think the smartest person in Congress is, the name that comes up the most often, and by a wide margin, is Barney Frank.

    I worked for a old pol once who said Frank was the smartest guy he'd run into in his 27-year career in politics.

    You may disagree with him, but the idea that he's an idiot who we shouldn't even bother listening to is, well, idiotic.

    But anyone YOU disagree with is an idiot, right?

    Anyway I rememeber you canonizing the jagoffs who busted up the joint when Tancredo was asked to speak.

    WSS

  • Huh? Wha??

    I can't seem to recall ever discussing Tom Tancredo, or some Tom Tancredo protest, or whatever it is you're talking about. I don't imagine that you can back up what you're saying. Instead I'll get the usual, "Okay, maybe that wasn't you."

    Nor do I think anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot.

    Once again: Make shit up. Argue against that. Claim victory.

    And a lovely example of one of the predictable "turn the tables!" posts mz the pussy called you on the other day. It's all you seem to know how to do - "Oh, yeah! But how about this? Ha-HA! Zing!" - and not very well.

    But seriously, Steve. Take a look at what you just did. Leg and I are having a discussion about Barney Frank, in a post about what Barney Frank did yesterday, and you make it about me.

    You've really got to get over it.

  • T, that isn't helping.

  • My theory is, Heck, Dan and mz the pussy LOVE them some Balarney Frank because of

    "intelligent" posts like this from mz the pussy, who "wishes other people would discuss things

    in a reasonable, informed manner"...

    THIS is THEIR "reasonable discussion".

    And SO "informed" they think they are?

    **************************

    mz the pussy said:

    "Yes, T.

    The Obama administration is ready to kill grandma.

    And execute kittens on TV.

    And xxxx Mickey Mouse in the ass. "

  • Huh? Wha??

    I can't seem to recall ever discussing Tom Tancredo, or some Tom Tancredo protest, or whatever it is you're talking about. I don't imagine that you can back up what you're saying. Instead I'll get the usual, "Okay, maybe that wasn't you."

    Nor do I think anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot.

    Once again: Make shit up. Argue against that. Claim victory.

    And a lovely example of one of the predictable "turn the tables!" posts mz the pussy called you on the other day. It's all you seem to know how to do - "Oh, yeah! But how about this? Ha-HA! Zing!" - and not very well.

    But seriously, Steve. Take a look at what you just did. Leg and I are having a discussion about Barney Frank, in a post about what Barney Frank did yesterday, and you make it about me.

    You've really got to get over it.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Huh? Wha??

    Actually "you" as the collective left Heck.

    Tancredo is but one example of having a speaking engagement disrupted by screaming assaulting and vandalizing protestors.

    Ann Coulter and others as well.

    Then it was freedom of speech and the right of Americans to protest.

    You could almost hear the Star Spangled Banner.....

    Now they're called nazi mobs.

    I can't seem to recall ever discussing Tom Tancredo, or some Tom Tancredo protest, or whatever it is you're talking about.

    You've really got to get over it.

    I suppose if you found even one post in which you dissed any wacky leftist protest I'd take you seriously.

    C'mon Heck even you can see the double standard even if ya won't admit it.

    (But Frank is as much a clown or genius as anybody in politics. People who worked with W say he was smart too.)

    But: I do apologize for the buttplug remark.

    That was out of line and I've deleted it.

    WSS

  • Actually, not too long ago we were discussing the Code Pink protests of the banking hearings, and Barney Frank's equally appropriate dismissal of them. But that's okay. Don't let that stop you from your neverending quest to make silly "Hey, what about when you do it?" points, missing the obvious point that I'm not making Code Pink's argument, whereas in this instance you've got people on this board making the same ridiculous arguments as the people in disrupting the town hall meetings.

    So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to attach me to someone on the left somewhere who likened Bush to Hitler, when we're discussing people who are likening Obama to the Nazis, or Hillary to Hitler, or the administration to fascists, on this very board, and all the time, just as it's being done on talk radio, Fox News, and at the town hall meetings.

    It's really not an opportunity for a "gotcha" moment, as much as you'd like to think it is. If you had an intellectual credibility, you'd be condemning them too, rather than playing your tired games.