Survey Wednesday March 3.
-
Here is Today's survey. Give your answers:
1. The Covid vaccine program is moving along...methodically. Do you think things will improve fairly well by September that the NFL can have fairly full stadiums at their games?
There will likely be more than the 20K they were allowing, but I don't know if it will be approved to put a full 72,000 in the stands. It, of course, could depend on the state. Places like Texas and Floridas whose governors are callous could allow full capacity. I say that in Ohio, Browns/Bengals will be capped at 30-35 K.
2. Apparently, Tom Brady's wife asked him this question: "What more do you have to prove?? Answer that as if you were Tom Brady.
I think he would say: "Nothing dear. But I still love the game, I still love to play, I love the camaraderie, and I am still healthy and clearly I am still capable and I still love to win, so I want to continue to do it as long as I can "
3. There are supposedly some big name QBs that could move this offseason: Watson wants out, Russell may move, Prescott. Which team or teams in the NFL do you think are basically a Quarterback away from challenging for the title, and which, if they got one of these guys could really potentially be there?
The Saints are clearly there. Probably the Bears. The WTF team, with their defense could be a QB plus a couple of weapons away. 49ers, maybe, though maybe they have the QB (after all JG did go to a Super Bowl with them...he just needs to stay healthy). Miami perhaps.
Teams that do need a QB...but are NOT a top QB away from challenging: Panthers, Patriots, Denver. Cowboys..if Dak leaves.
4. How freakish was Myles Garrett's leap.....and have you ever seen a more outstanding display of athleticism, and if so, what?
His leap was awesome, but I once saw a more awesome leap: Bob Beamon 1969. He beat the world long jump record by 2 and a half feet. Usually something like that gets beat a quarter inch at a time. A couple of Usain Bolt's runs were right up there also. Not quite as good but pretty awesome: Spud Webb winning the dunk contest.
5. Baseball Spring training is underway. What are your expectations for the Indians this year, or , if you are a fan of another team, what are your expectations for them?
Getting rid of their best player cannot sit well with me. I expect them to be pretty mediocre. Cheap young pitchers is all they have to rely on, but I don't think that will be enough for more than like 3rd place in their division.
6. Speaking of Spring.....give us some nostalgia: Where, if anywhere, did you go on spring break when you were in college or when you were young?
Yes, this would have been in the 70s for me. And Florida was the primary choice. First time, freshman year, myself and two other guys did a circle tour around Fla, from the west coast, to Miami to Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando to Daytona. And then I went twice with the band...Rats/Easy Street, with WSS et al. Went to Ft. Lauderdale one year (band did not play) , then to Ft. Myers another year, where they played. Then in my final year of college I spent three weeks between England and France.
Post-college/law school, I have done more "spring breaking" with my wife and family from San Diego to New Orleans to Orlando to Williamsburg, to San Francisco to Orange County CA, to Sedona, to Ruidoso Southern NMex. , to Hot Springs Ark, to Williamsburg to Napa Valley to Kentucky to Atlantic Beach NC and to Ireland, and maybe a few others. This year I am heading to Northern New Mexico, 5 days in Santa Fe plus another 5 wandering.
-
Hopefully this will be a treat for you all. 1974, Fort Lauderdale. The Old King Cole Motel. The Rats, as they were still known, and their roadies and friends:
You can guess which is Steve and which is me.
-
Here is Today's survey. Give your answers:
1. The Covid vaccine program is moving along...methodically. Do you think things will improve fairly well by September that the NFL can have fairly full stadiums at their games?
2. Apparently, Tom Brady's wife asked him this question: "What more do you have to prove?? Answer that as if you were Tom Brady.
3. There are supposedly some big name QBs that could move this offseason: Watson wants out, Russell may move, Prescott. Which team or teams in the NFL do you think are basically a Quarterback away from challenging for the title, and which, if they got one of these guys could really potentially be there?
4. How freakish was Myles Garrett's leap.....and have you ever seen a more outstanding display of athleticism, and if so, what?
5. Baseball Spring training is underway. What are your expectations for the Indians this year, or , if you are a fan of another team, what are your expectations for them?
6. Speaking of Spring.....give us some nostalgia: Where, if anywhere, did you go on spring break when you were in college or when you were young?
Here is Today's survey. Give your answers:
1. The Covid vaccine program is moving along...methodically. Do you think things will improve fairly well by September that the NFL can have fairly full stadiums at their games?
It could probably be near capacity, but Adam Ant, Ohio's governor will fuck that up.
2. Apparently, Tom Brady's wife asked him this question: "What more do you have to prove?? Answer that as if you were Tom Brady.
Shut up and fix me a veggie smoothie
3. There are supposedly some big name QBs that could move this offseason: Watson wants out, Russell may move, Prescott. Which team or teams in the NFL do you think are basically a Quarterback away from challenging for the title, and which, if they got one of these guys could really potentially be there?
I don't know, I don't give a shit about other teams so I don't pay attention
4. How freakish was Myles Garrett's leap.....and have you ever seen a more outstanding display of athleticism, and if so, what?
Didn't see it
5. Baseball Spring training is underway. What are your expectations for the Indians this year, or , if you are a fan of another team, what are your expectations for them?
I think the pitching can keep us close.
6. Speaking of Spring.....give us some nostalgia: Where, if anywhere, did you go on spring break when you were in college or when you were young? Going to school in Florida, spring break wasn't a big deal. I could spring break most every weekend if I wanted. A few years we went to Lazy Island to fish by day and hit a honky tonk by night. Lazy Island was between Steinhatchee and Pine Log Swamp. This was in Dixie County, Florida, maybe 70 miles from Gainesville. Swamp land. We became Swampers for a week or so.
-
Here is Today's survey. Give your answers:
1. The Covid vaccine program is moving along...methodically. Do you think things will improve fairly well by September that the NFL can have fairly full stadiums at their games?
It could probably be near capacity, but Adam Ant, Ohio's governor will fuck that up.
2. Apparently, Tom Brady's wife asked him this question: "What more do you have to prove?? Answer that as if you were Tom Brady.
Shut up and fix me a veggie smoothie
3. There are supposedly some big name QBs that could move this offseason: Watson wants out, Russell may move, Prescott. Which team or teams in the NFL do you think are basically a Quarterback away from challenging for the title, and which, if they got one of these guys could really potentially be there?
I don't know, I don't give a shit about other teams so I don't pay attention
4. How freakish was Myles Garrett's leap.....and have you ever seen a more outstanding display of athleticism, and if so, what?
Didn't see it
5. Baseball Spring training is underway. What are your expectations for the Indians this year, or , if you are a fan of another team, what are your expectations for them?
I think the pitching can keep us close.
6. Speaking of Spring.....give us some nostalgia: Where, if anywhere, did you go on spring break when you were in college or when you were young? Going to school in Florida, spring break wasn't a big deal. I could spring break most every weekend if I wanted. A few years we went to Lazy Island to fish by day and hit a honky tonk by night. Lazy Island was between Steinhatchee and Pine Log Swamp. This was in Dixie County, Florida, maybe 70 miles from Gainesville. Swamp land. We became Swampers for a week or so.
-
You are back left. Steve has the joint in his mouth.
-
You are back left. Steve has the joint in his mouth.
It is probably just a cigarette. Steve has never been a dope smoker (and has long since given up cigs).
And I am more in the center....in the red shirt, holding up the bottle, partly obscured by the fuzzball in front of me.
And, FYI, things haven't changed all that much in the last 46 years. Steve and I and the fuzzball in front of me went out drinking together last night!!
-
I just said joint....I figured it was a cigarette.
-
-
Your daily reminder why sports channel hosts throw out nonsensical takes.. it's the money. It's a lot of money. And good for them - but don't believe the hype.
The statements of Ballless, Cowturd, and the rest of them are 100% ginning fake anger - nothing even comparable to nuanced commentary.
- it's livestream of the first time he looked at the gametape. FYI, Kollman worked for 5 years at NFL Network. -
1. The Covid vaccine program is moving along...methodically. Do you think things will improve fairly well by September that the NFL can have fairly full stadiums at their games?
Yes, I think by then you can get in if you have proof of the vaccination.
2. Apparently, Tom Brady's wife asked him this question: "What more do you have to prove?? Answer that as if you were Tom Brady.
"I have my hobbies and you have yours. Mine's winning Superbowls."
3. There are supposedly some big name QBs that could move this offseason: Watson wants out, Russell may move, Prescott. Which team or teams in the NFL do you think are basically a Quarterback away from challenging for the title, and which, if they got one of these guys could really potentially be there?
New Orleans with Prescott
4. How freakish was Myles Garrett's leap.....and have you ever seen a more outstanding display of athleticism, and if so, what?
Larry Bird's 3 consecutive NBA 3-point shooting contest wins. Unbelievable.
5. Baseball Spring training is underway. What are your expectations for the Indians this year, or , if you are a fan of another team, what are your expectations for them?
No opinion. Not a huge baseball fan.
6. Speaking of Spring.....give us some nostalgia: Where, if anywhere, did you go on spring break when you were in college or when you were young?
Galveston with a friend in his 1960 Austin-Healey 3000 two seater.
He had a white one like this. Just more beat up at 8 years old.
Austin-Healey 3000
Austin Healey 3000 sports convertible
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login