Browns move to sign John Johnson.
-
I saw somewhere that he played 100% of the defensive snaps last year
-
-
Only 25 years old and ranked 3rd of all NFL safeties last year with PFF
Only 25 years old and ranked 3rd of all NFL safeties last year with PFF
PFF is seriously awful but Johnson is very legit. People need to separate from PFF. It’s like the hive mind determined a long time ago it was legit and people just go with it. Several of the worst takes I’ve seen all of last year came from some dipshit at PFF.
either way big signing for the browns.
-
Only 25 years old and ranked 3rd of all NFL safeties last year with PFF
PFF is seriously awful but Johnson is very legit. People need to separate from PFF. It’s like the hive mind determined a long time ago it was legit and people just go with it. Several of the worst takes I’ve seen all of last year came from some dipshit at PFF.
either way big signing for the browns.
PFF is seriously awful but Johnson is very legit. People need to separate from PFF. It’s like the hive mind determined a long time ago it was legit and people just go with it. Several of the worst takes I’ve seen all of last year came from some dipshit at PFF.
I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data.Â
ÂI guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matterÂ
-
PFF is seriously awful but Johnson is very legit. People need to separate from PFF. It’s like the hive mind determined a long time ago it was legit and people just go with it. Several of the worst takes I’ve seen all of last year came from some dipshit at PFF.
I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data.Â
ÂI guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matterÂ
I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data.Â
ÂI guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matterÂ
If they do I bet they don’t use it much. Their metrics are dicked almost across the board. If front offices are using pff they are fucking up.
-
That is a HUGE get. One of the better DB's in the NFL.Â
Is he? More data please. If so super.Â
Is he? More data please. If so super.Â
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
-
All good reading on this guy.
Now for Carl Lawson please, if we can afford him now?Â
-
I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data.Â
ÂI guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matterÂ
If they do I bet they don’t use it much. Their metrics are dicked almost across the board. If front offices are using pff they are fucking up.
-
Is he? More data please. If so super.Â
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
-
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
From what I read he’s the Strong with Delpit hopefully the Free
-
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Both. Â
Think a younger version of Malcolm Jenkins. The dude really does a bit of it all - he can run, cover, hit. A very well rounded DB.
-
And we ran a 4-2-5 more than 50% of the time last season.. so I'd call him just a "Starting DB" right now.
Note that this also does in a way address LB.. Taki is one starter and we only "need" one other who may be Phillips. Wouldn't hurt to resign Goodson of course.
-
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
From what I can tell, Joe Wood is looking at using a 3 safety “dime defense”.
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/03/15/cleveland-browns-john-johnson/
-
Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 36 Stewart Jr., MJ W/TB 25 Allen, Brian P/Cin 38 Green, AJ CF20 SS 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 41 Meander, Montrel CF18 Â Â FS 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 35 Moffatt, Jovante CF20 48 Benton, Elijah CF20 Â Â RCB 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run.Â
Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that Johnson would be sort of in the middle between SS and FS?Â
-
JJ, Harrison and Delpit will be your safeties. Big nickel or otherwise.
-
I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.
Mike
-
I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.
Mike
I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.
Mike
hope ur right
-
Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 36 Stewart Jr., MJ W/TB 25 Allen, Brian P/Cin 38 Green, AJ CF20 SS 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 41 Meander, Montrel CF18 Â Â FS 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 22 Delpit, Grant 20/2 35 Moffatt, Jovante CF20 48 Benton, Elijah CF20 Â Â RCB 26 Williams, Greedy 19/2 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 34 Jackson, Robert SF18 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run.Â
Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that Johnson would be sort of in the middle between SS and FS?Â
I thought we cut him a while back...
-
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Both. Â
Think a younger version of Malcolm Jenkins. The dude really does a bit of it all - he can run, cover, hit. A very well rounded DB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login