Browns move to sign John Johnson.
-
I know what you’re saying but fact remains that NFL front offices use their data.
I guess it’s the conclusions you draw that matter
If they do I bet they don’t use it much. Their metrics are dicked almost across the board. If front offices are using pff they are fucking up.
-
-
Is he? More data please. If so super.
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
-
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
From what I read he’s the Strong with Delpit hopefully the Free
-
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Both.
Think a younger version of Malcolm Jenkins. The dude really does a bit of it all - he can run, cover, hit. A very well rounded DB.
-
And we ran a 4-2-5 more than 50% of the time last season.. so I'd call him just a "Starting DB" right now.
Note that this also does in a way address LB.. Taki is one starter and we only "need" one other who may be Phillips. Wouldn't hurt to resign Goodson of course.
-
PFF has him graded out as the #3 Safety in the league last year...great acquisition.
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
From what I can tell, Joe Wood is looking at using a 3 safety “dime defense”.
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/03/15/cleveland-browns-john-johnson/
-
Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:
Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run.
Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that Johnson would be sort of in the middle between SS and FS?
-
JJ, Harrison and Delpit will be your safeties. Big nickel or otherwise.
-
I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.
Mike
-
I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.
Mike
I believe we will get our edge in free agency, sign/retain 2-3 more, & have a real shot at going BPA in the draft. That is what I hope for. Can anyone recall the Browns drafting for BPA since the Paul Brown days? I can't.
Mike
hope ur right
-
Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:
Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run.
Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that Johnson would be sort of in the middle between SS and FS?
I thought we cut him a while back...
-
Who does he replace in our lineup? More SS or FS?
Both.
Think a younger version of Malcolm Jenkins. The dude really does a bit of it all - he can run, cover, hit. A very well rounded DB.
-
this is what happens when a good front office can recognize it's defenses worse starter.. Sayonara Sendejo! JJ played over 1000 snaps with a combined 105 tackles...
Good Start, Andrew Berry !
Browns safeties allowed 12 passing TDs last year when they were the nearest defender in coverage, most in the NFL. John Johnson's 61 targets as the nearest defender in coverage was 3rd-most this season among safeties. And he allowed only 1 TD -
Be still my heart...
His agents said Johnson really wanted to play for the Browns and can’t wait to get started. He loves the team that Browns GM Andrew Berry has assembled, and felt it was the perfect fit.
One is an accident...
Two is a coincidence...
That's one... here's to a trend!
-
Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:
Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run.
Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that Johnson would be sort of in the middle between SS and FS?
Here is our depth chart, before the events of the last day or so:
Depth Charts do not list the situation if a 4-2-5 is run.
Can we assume that Delpit would supplant Sendejo....and that Johnson would be sort of in the middle between SS and FS?
As Gumby said Sendejo is going to get sent packing- he was pretty terrible.
-
If it were a Steelers signing Vag would be all over how good of a signing it was because of the PFF rating
he said it was a big signing for the browns
-
-
not surprising, our safeties ranked last in the NFL ?
Signing Johnson is awesome.
He's a blue chipper on and off the field....
https://www.brownsnation.com/3-things-to-know-about-new-browns-safety-john-johnson-iii/
-
While I wait until he has actually signed the contract, I will say as a SoCal guy who has seen every Rams game, he will be an immediate impact player.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
