Skip to content

No Steelers in Berea

The Browns Board
10 10 914
  • W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I love this:

    No Steeler gear here

    Joshua Cribbs spotted Seth Cooper, a 17-year-old from Sandusky, sitting in the bleachers wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers No. 56 jersey and approached him.

    ''Who's his dad?'' Cribbs asked. ''I can't believe you all let him sit there like that.''

    Later in the session, Cribbs gave Cooper at Browns T-shirt.

    ''Coach said you can't do that,'' Cribbs told him. ''Put this on over it.'' Cooper later complied.

    Good for Cribbs. He is definitely becoming a leader on this team. A strong, vocal, and valuable player that leads not only by his on the field play, but his off the field demeanor. I just hope the contract thing gets settled equitably for both sides and he remains a Browns player for a long time to come (his play at WR should insure that).

  • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Gotta love a player like that! I agree, he is seriously becoming a team leader and is clearly earning a new contract or adjusted contract. I hope he gets what he deserves. I don't want to see him come back to Cleveland wearing another color!

  • K kosar_win wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Great job, Cribbs!! I like that he didn't get mad or anything, but was polite and civil in his approach.

  • N ndneighbor wrote on last edited by ndneighbor
    #4

    It's also rather admirable the way he takes care of business when he steps between the white lines.

    Violent resolve with ball in hand.

    Hopefully, before the season begins they'll sit down with him and stuff a sizable pile of folding money in his pocket and get his

    signature again. At the rate he's going, he might not ever have a "contract" year in the normal sense.

  • F Fooleeze wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Cribbs is the type of player I love. All effort, great personality. I hope he's here and productive for a long time. I like to see players that embrace a team, its fans, and a rivalry like that. He's not just here to collect his paycheck (But he has a right to want a bigger one, don't we all?). He's showing some love for the team and city.

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #6

    That's what you get from a Kent stater. Class class and more class. GO FLASHES

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #7

    Cribbs is a great guy off the field and a fierce competitor on the field lets hope that the browns get him squared away so that everyone is happy...🙂

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #8

    IMHO, Cribbs is the inspirational leader of the Browns. He is flat out "A Football Player"!

    Last week after a GB interception, Cribbs hustled back to make the tackle....we have a 1st round pick who could learn a whole lot by just emulating his hustle...Cribbs NEVER quits on a play...even if his "part" of the play seems over, he only stops when the whistle blows. In all probability, that end zone interception would never have happened had Cribbs been the intended receiver. I honestly believe he would have stripped it & rendered the pass incomplete.

    I also hope Cribbs is here a LONG time.

    Mike

    I did read about the gear thing...that was great, AND the young man got a personalized BROWN'S souvenir!

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #9

    good for cribbs but he should have just shot the little bastard

  • BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Cribbs is the first real game breaker we've had since Metcalf

    A guy who can house it from anywhere everytime he touches the ball

    And by the amount of touches he saw against GB I'd say Mangini recognizes that

    I believe that he'll do the right thing and keep him happy