Skip to content

Hollywood returns!

The Browns Board
58 20 1.4k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    smothered him like he was Waffle House hashbrowns and they were gravy.  

    You put gravy on hashbrowns? 😮

    In Waffle House parlance "smothered" means onions... "covered" means cheese. And they don't call-in hash browns to the cook... it's "scattered".

    Next time you go... simply ask for "scattered, smothered and covered"...

    As for Landry... he's never been a burner... ran a 4.77 at his Combine. He's the wily, precision, possession, #2 hand-master who benefits from the space a burner creates.

    So him losing a half step to time simply is not as big of a deal as you are making it.

    @tour2ma said:

    You put gravy on hashbrowns? 😮

    In Waffle House parlance "smothered" means onions... "covered" means cheese. And they don't call-in hash browns to the cook... it's "scattered".

    Next time you go... simply ask for "scattered, smothered and covered"...

    As for Landry... he's never been a burner... ran a 4.77 at his Combine. He's the wily, precision, possession, #2 hand-master who benefits from the space a burner creates.

    So him losing a half step to time simply is not as big of a deal as you are making it.

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever.   

    Unless it's a drunken 3am shame meal. In which case you pretty much hate yourself already being 10 shots deep.

  • @tour2ma said:

    You put gravy on hashbrowns? 😮

    In Waffle House parlance "smothered" means onions... "covered" means cheese. And they don't call-in hash browns to the cook... it's "scattered".

    Next time you go... simply ask for "scattered, smothered and covered"...

    As for Landry... he's never been a burner... ran a 4.77 at his Combine. He's the wily, precision, possession, #2 hand-master who benefits from the space a burner creates.

    So him losing a half step to time simply is not as big of a deal as you are making it.

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever.   

    Unless it's a drunken 3am shame meal. In which case you pretty much hate yourself already being 10 shots deep.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever.   

    Unless it's a drunken 3am shame meal. In which case you pretty much hate yourself already being 10 shots deep.

    I've never been to a Waffle House. 

    But I spent many of night, drunk or not, in some old-school Country Kitchens back in the day. Denny's too. 

  • Once in grad school the only thing open was the Tee Jayes Country Place at the corner of N High and Morse in Columbus.. Apparently people leaving a rave had that idea at the same time..

    For decades that place has looked like it wouldn't be able to make rent that month..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    smothered him like he was Waffle House hashbrowns and they were gravy.  

    You put gravy on hashbrowns? 😮

    In Waffle House parlance "smothered" means onions... "covered" means cheese. And they don't call-in hash browns to the cook... it's "scattered".

    Next time you go... simply ask for "scattered, smothered and covered"...

    As for Landry... he's never been a burner... ran a 4.77 at his Combine. He's the wily, precision, possession, #2 hand-master who benefits from the space a burner creates.

    So him losing a half step to time simply is not as big of a deal as you are making it.

    @tour2ma said:

    You put gravy on hashbrowns? 😮

    In Waffle House parlance "smothered" means onions... "covered" means cheese. And they don't call-in hash browns to the cook... it's "scattered".

    Next time you go... simply ask for "scattered, smothered and covered"...

    As for Landry... he's never been a burner... ran a 4.77 at his Combine. He's the wily, precision, possession, #2 hand-master who benefits from the space a burner creates.

    So him losing a half step to time simply is not as big of a deal as you are making it.

    And then there's this slow white guy route runner who's in the  HOF- Steve Largent. There's a few others who fit that description.  Including the guy that the College wr award is named after.  🙂

  • I find it humorous that people who freakin' looooooooooooooove analytics think its a smart move to pay a possession receiver $14 mill a year when you have at least four linchpins to this team on the verge of free agency. Landry needs to radically redo his contract. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    You put gravy on hashbrowns? 😮

    In Waffle House parlance "smothered" means onions... "covered" means cheese. And they don't call-in hash browns to the cook... it's "scattered".

    Next time you go... simply ask for "scattered, smothered and covered"...

    As for Landry... he's never been a burner... ran a 4.77 at his Combine. He's the wily, precision, possession, #2 hand-master who benefits from the space a burner creates.

    So him losing a half step to time simply is not as big of a deal as you are making it.

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever.   

    Unless it's a drunken 3am shame meal. In which case you pretty much hate yourself already being 10 shots deep.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever. 

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever. 

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    I like mine scattered, double smothered, and chunked(ham)

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Or a better idea, never ever go to Waffle House for any reason what-so-ever. 

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    I haven't eaten at WF in 10 years.  And before that I don't ever remember going there and thinking to myself "man, I am really glad I had that".

    It just never ends well.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    I haven't eaten at WF in 10 years.  And before that I don't ever remember going there and thinking to myself "man, I am really glad I had that".

    It just never ends well.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I haven't eaten at WF in 10 years.  And before that I don't ever remember going there and thinking to myself "man, I am really glad I had that".

    It just never ends well.

    I ate at a "Huddle House"  recently, which was right next door to a hotel I was staying at in Missouri.   Pretty comparable. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... not all that bad. The irony is their waffles are completely mediocre... but the "scattered, smothered and covered" will set you free.

    I haven't eaten at WF in 10 years.  And before that I don't ever remember going there and thinking to myself "man, I am really glad I had that".

    It just never ends well.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I haven't eaten at WF in 10 years.  And before that I don't ever remember going there and thinking to myself "man, I am really glad I had that".

    It just never ends well.

    Probably close to 10 for me as well... but I have a couple fond memories.

    The shorter story is their coffee in my thermos fueled an all-nite drive back to TX after a week of Myrtle Beach golfing... 36 a day... five days straight.

    The longer is a great floor show where a waitress tried to blame the cook for messing up an order that she had called out to him as they do at WH. He proceeded to repeat back to her what she'd called to him about 20 minutes earlier word for word. He got a round of applause from about a 3/4-full house.

    But yeah... not a breakfast destination for me either. If I am going to dine-in for breakfast, I'll go ihop...

  • It's important people understand that players are ALREADY taking paycuts to sign with Cleveland.  Every million is important - it represents a competent backup rather than the next Sendejo taking some starter's place when the inevitable injury happens. 

    To be clear: The linked article shows Higgins had at least one offer around the 5M level.. and he turned that down to return for half that.

    So far we're aware of DB Johnson as well as Higgins. I'd guess there's others we don't know about yet -- and may never.

    Culture of the team already changed.. OBJ no longer has the power to affect it.