Ogunjobi signs with Bengals - Njoku gets guaranteed money
-
Nope. “He dropped three passes a year”
Front offices don’t care
If he dropped 3 passes a year, and caught 60, no one would care.
But, as shown above, he had one season where he dropped 12.5% of passes thrown to him.
Saying front offices don't care about dropped passes is akin to saying MLB front offices don't care that there shortstop makes 40 errors a season.
But, as shown above, he had one season where he dropped 12.5% of passes thrown to him.
Estimates vary... for same season PFY has his drop rate at about half that... besides 2018 is old news. His 2020 drop rate was 3.4 and Baker's QBR when targeting him was 110.

-
Deal specifics released - 6.2 total, 4.6 guaranteed. Far too much money - don't think once about this let alone twice.
EDIT: This is Ogun's deal.. not Njoku's..
-
Nope. “He dropped three passes a year”
Front offices don’t care
That's how you end up with Corey Coleman.
-
Deal specifics released - 6.2 total, 4.6 guaranteed. Far too much money - don't think once about this let alone twice.
EDIT: This is Ogun's deal.. not Njoku's..
Deal specifics released - 6.2 total, 4.6 guaranteed. Far too much money - don't think once about this let alone twice.
14th highest-paid TE in the league...
Still paying for "potential", but I'm OK with it.
-
But, as shown above, he had one season where he dropped 12.5% of passes thrown to him.
Estimates vary... for same season PFY has his drop rate at about half that... besides 2018 is old news. His 2020 drop rate was 3.4 and Baker's QBR when targeting him was 110.

Estimates vary... for same season PFY has his drop rate at about half that... besides 2018 is old news. His 2020 drop rate was 3.4 and Baker's QBR when targeting him was 110.
Which is why I said that by the end of the year he was all-around the best TE on the roster.
But saying that dropping balls isn't a big deal is, well, kind of silly. A person who says such things could very well be dubbed a "silly goose" or that they wear "silly pants".
-
I just think fans care about it a lot more than teams
-
Njoku is going to be focused next season. He wants to get paid.
He was good last year- and he was fighting for PT.
The first three years (when he was available) he had what appeared to be focus issues. Missed blocks, holding calls (football IQ issues) and dropped passes. He was the guy at the position and played with no urgency or focus.
Im fine with bringing him back as I think he plays with renewed purpose. He should help us.
-
Njoku is going to be focused next season. He wants to get paid.
He was good last year- and he was fighting for PT.
The first three years (when he was available) he had what appeared to be focus issues. Missed blocks, holding calls (football IQ issues) and dropped passes. He was the guy at the position and played with no urgency or focus.
Im fine with bringing him back as I think he plays with renewed purpose. He should help us.
Njoku is going to be focused next season. He wants to get paid.
He was good last year- and he was fighting for PT.
The first three years (when he was available) he had what appeared to be focus issues. Missed blocks, holding calls (football IQ issues) and dropped passes. He was the guy at the position and played with no urgency or focus.
Im fine with bringing him back as I think he plays with renewed purpose. He should help us.
Also, Hooper looked pretty 'meh' to me. Not horrible, but not very dynamic at all.
-
We definitely overpaid for Hooper
-
We definitely overpaid for Hooper
We definitely overpaid for Hooper
And that's the problem - you almost always overpay for free agents.
Good thing the TE room is pretty deep, and I know there are more pressing areas, but I wouldn't mind a TE on Day 2.
Njoku is on his last year of his contract and Hooper is 'meh'. Bryant showed flashes, but hit the rookie wall at 100mph. (That's like 160kph or something to you).
-
We definitely overpaid for Hooper
And that's the problem - you almost always overpay for free agents.
Good thing the TE room is pretty deep, and I know there are more pressing areas, but I wouldn't mind a TE on Day 2.
Njoku is on his last year of his contract and Hooper is 'meh'. Bryant showed flashes, but hit the rookie wall at 100mph. (That's like 160kph or something to you).
And that's the problem - you almost always overpay for free agents.
Good thing the TE room is pretty deep, and I know there are more pressing areas, but I wouldn't mind a TE on Day 2.
Njoku is on his last year of his contract and Hooper is 'meh'. Bryant showed flashes, but hit the rookie wall at 100mph. (That's like 160kph or something to you).
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
-
And that's the problem - you almost always overpay for free agents.
Good thing the TE room is pretty deep, and I know there are more pressing areas, but I wouldn't mind a TE on Day 2.
Njoku is on his last year of his contract and Hooper is 'meh'. Bryant showed flashes, but hit the rookie wall at 100mph. (That's like 160kph or something to you).
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
Don’t let Njoku scar you
-
Bummed to see ‘Jobi go. Even more bummed to see him go to the Bengals. Poor guy. Pretty good payday for him though. Get it while you can.
-
And that's the problem - you almost always overpay for free agents.
Good thing the TE room is pretty deep, and I know there are more pressing areas, but I wouldn't mind a TE on Day 2.
Njoku is on his last year of his contract and Hooper is 'meh'. Bryant showed flashes, but hit the rookie wall at 100mph. (That's like 160kph or something to you).
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
Gotta disagree... there's a bargain TE in about every draft. Some kid who was underutilized in his college scheme. So it's more a case of tapping potential than "developing".
Just look for the hardworking, blocking TE who displayed good hands when he was thrown to and then tests well at Combine/Pro-Day. No better example than Kittle...
And, no, TEs like those I'm talking about don't grow on trees... and there will be some misses along the way, but TEs are also usually big ST contributors and add value via that route.
-
I'd be thrilled to see Njoku back! I'm a little worried we'll trade him for a defensive starter but we're beginning to round out our roster quite nicely. If we keep Njoku, then throw him the ball more.
-
And that's the problem - you almost always overpay for free agents.
Good thing the TE room is pretty deep, and I know there are more pressing areas, but I wouldn't mind a TE on Day 2.
Njoku is on his last year of his contract and Hooper is 'meh'. Bryant showed flashes, but hit the rookie wall at 100mph. (That's like 160kph or something to you).
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
I’m not a fan of drafting TE’s as they seem to take too long to produce. I’d rather let a team draft and develop them and then sign them when it’s second contract time.
TE's, much like RB's, offer insane value in day 2 and beyond picks.
Top 15 TE's in terms of receiving yards last year - only 4 were taken in the 1st round.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login