Skip to content

Oscar Nominations

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
19 3 423 2
  • Have they come out yet?  I have not heard. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/2021

    Thanks.   The only movie I saw was the Trial of the Chicago  7.    Which was actually very good.  I think a couple of others are available on like Netflix or HBO

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/2021

    Thanks.   The only movie I saw was the Trial of the Chicago  7.    Which was actually very good.  I think a couple of others are available on like Netflix or HBO

    @the-gipper said:

    Thanks.   The only movie I saw was the Trial of the Chicago  7.    Which was actually very good.  I think a couple of others are available on like Netflix or HBO

     Most of them are or Amazon prime.

     I will be catching up on them and for the record just at the outset it seems that most of them fall under the new "inclusion" guidelines

    WSS

  • I have seen  the following over the weekend on either Netflix or Amazon Prime: 

    Mank.    I was less impressed with it than I thought I would be.  It just felt wholely disjointed,  and IMO, it really was not one of Oldman's best performances. 

    The Trial of the Chicago  7.   An intense drama about the  trial of the people who were charged with conspiracy to start the riots during the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago. 

    Sound of Metal.    An interesting movie about a rock drummer that goes deaf and his attempts to cope with it. 

    I am not sure how to see the others unless  I  get every damn  streaming service out there,  or  I purchase a single movie for like $20.00. 

  • I am not going to bother with the Korean movie or any other movie that's mostly subtitles.

    Ill watch the Chicago 7 today or tomorrow.  I am prepared for a left wing Passion play from Aaron Sorkin but I will keep an open mind.

     I will see Judas in the black messiah this afternoon or tomorrow. Hopefully it's more than hate the white man bullshit.

     Will also see the thunder movie in the next couple 3 days.

     The Father is an amazing piece of work  On 2 levels. The approach to the subject and Hopkins performance. Dropped 20 bucks on the Amazon preview but it's probably regular price by now.

      Promising young woman wasinteresting and somewhat compelling  with a twist pay off.

     Loved Mank and Nomadland.

    WSS

  • Maybe its just me but , I always thought the Peoples Choice awards was more legit and meaningful...

  • Maybe its just me but , I always thought the Peoples Choice awards was more legit and meaningful...

    @nickers said:

    Maybe its just me but , I always thought the Peoples Choice awards was more legit and meaningful...

    It's just you. 

  • @nickers said:

    Maybe its just me but , I always thought the Peoples Choice awards was more legit and meaningful...

    It's just you. 

    @the-gipper said:

    It's just you. 

    Well , it's supposedly voted for by the people... You know... Fans who consume the product.. Id say thats more meaningful...

  • @the-gipper said:

    It's just you. 

    Well , it's supposedly voted for by the people... You know... Fans who consume the product.. Id say thats more meaningful...

    @nickers said:

    Well , it's supposedly voted for by the people... You know... Fans who consume the product.. Id say thats more meaningful...

    Ah....No.    Have you seen how certain voting goes for sports All Star teams?   If so, you would know better. 

  • @nickers said:

    Well , it's supposedly voted for by the people... You know... Fans who consume the product.. Id say thats more meaningful...

    Ah....No.    Have you seen how certain voting goes for sports All Star teams?   If so, you would know better. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Ah....No.    Have you seen how certain voting goes for sports All Star teams?   If so, you would know better. 

    Ah I see says the grumpy old man...

  • Actually in a perfect world the Academy awards should be the respect and admiration of your peers for a job well done.  The great unwashed have made the Rock the highest paid Actor in the world.

    WS

  • I don't have any problem with the people's choice awards because they actually are called the people's choice awards. Absolutely no relevance to quality one way or the other. Just a popularity contest and should be recognised for what it is.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Ah....No.    Have you seen how certain voting goes for sports All Star teams?   If so, you would know better. 

    Ah I see says the grumpy old man...

    @nickers said:

    Ah I see says the grumpy old man...

    You asked which award is more legit and meaningful.  That is by far The Oscars,   even now.  That is the plain fact whether you acknowledge it or not.  I suggest that most people have no clue that such a thing as "The People's Choice" award even exits.   The only thing that could come close to the Oscars would be the Golden Globes. 

  • @nickers said:

    Ah I see says the grumpy old man...

    You asked which award is more legit and meaningful.  That is by far The Oscars,   even now.  That is the plain fact whether you acknowledge it or not.  I suggest that most people have no clue that such a thing as "The People's Choice" award even exits.   The only thing that could come close to the Oscars would be the Golden Globes. 

    @the-gipper said:

    You asked which award is more legit and meaningful.  That is by far The Oscars,   even now.  That is the plain fact whether you acknowledge it or not.  I suggest that most people have no clue that such a thing as "The People's Choice" award even exits.   The only thing that could come close to the Oscars would be the Golden Globes. 

    I have known about the peoples choice award since I was a little kid... C'mon man..

  • @the-gipper said:

    You asked which award is more legit and meaningful.  That is by far The Oscars,   even now.  That is the plain fact whether you acknowledge it or not.  I suggest that most people have no clue that such a thing as "The People's Choice" award even exits.   The only thing that could come close to the Oscars would be the Golden Globes. 

    I have known about the peoples choice award since I was a little kid... C'mon man..

    @nickers said:

    I have known about the peoples choice award since I was a little kid... C'mon man..

    OK, you are one.   I am just giving you the facts, ma'am. 

  • @nickers said:

    I have known about the peoples choice award since I was a little kid... C'mon man..

    OK, you are one.   I am just giving you the facts, ma'am. 

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, you are one.   I am just giving you the facts, ma'am. 

    Thanx , Gramma..

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, you are one.   I am just giving you the facts, ma'am. 

    Thanx , Gramma..

    @nickers said:

    Thanx , Gramma..

    Hardly.   Do they even  televise the "People's Choice Awards"?   I have never seen them...nor even seen them promoted.  You see the Oscars/Emmy's/Grammys/Golden Globe/ etc. but I have never seen those.   As far as I can tell, "The People" have chosen to ignore the "People's Choice award" 

    But oh, I see that they are actually the E!  Network People's Choice award.    Sorry, unlike you, I don't watch all that Kardashian BS. 

  • @nickers said:

    Thanx , Gramma..

    Hardly.   Do they even  televise the "People's Choice Awards"?   I have never seen them...nor even seen them promoted.  You see the Oscars/Emmy's/Grammys/Golden Globe/ etc. but I have never seen those.   As far as I can tell, "The People" have chosen to ignore the "People's Choice award" 

    But oh, I see that they are actually the E!  Network People's Choice award.    Sorry, unlike you, I don't watch all that Kardashian BS. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Hardly.   Do they even  televise the "People's Choice Awards"?   I have never seen them...nor even seen them promoted.  You see the Oscars/Emmy's/Grammys/Golden Globe/ etc. but I have never seen those.   As far as I can tell, "The People" have chosen to ignore the "People's Choice award" 

    But oh, I see that they are actually the E!  Network People's Choice award.    Sorry, unlike you, I don't watch all that Kardashian BS. 

    The Peoples Choice Awards were televised years agoI remember as far back as the 70's and a good part of the 80's... The Kardashians can go to hell...