Quarterback Classes
-
Here is something to ponder: Categories of Great QBs. I will limit this to just those that played in the Super Bowl era:
Greatest Arm Talent QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Namath, Patrick Mahomes, Warren Moon
Greatest Winners: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman
Greatest Cerebral QBs: Peyton Manning, John Unitas, Drew Brees, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Bernie Kosar
Unique Athletic talent or those with Chutzpah: Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson, Steve Young, Cam Newton, Doug Williams, Ben Roethlisberger
Who did I miss?
-
Stafford should be in the arm talent category
-
Here is something to ponder: Categories of Great QBs. I will limit this to just those that played in the Super Bowl era:
Greatest Arm Talent QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Namath, Patrick Mahomes, Warren Moon
Greatest Winners: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman
Greatest Cerebral QBs: Peyton Manning, John Unitas, Drew Brees, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Bernie Kosar
Unique Athletic talent or those with Chutzpah: Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson, Steve Young, Cam Newton, Doug Williams, Ben Roethlisberger
Who did I miss?
Here is something to ponder: Categories of Great QBs. I will limit this to just those that played in the Super Bowl era:
Greatest Arm Talent QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Namath, Patrick Mahomes, Warren Moon
Greatest Winners: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman
Greatest Cerebral QBs: Peyton Manning, John Unitas, Drew Brees, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Bernie Kosar
Unique Athletic talent or those with Chutzpah: Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson, Steve Young, Cam Newton, Doug Williams, Ben Roethlisberger
Who did I miss?
Frank Ryan. Very cerebral. I think he was pretty good at scrambling around in the backfield, but I was a young teenage Browns fan at the time. One of my favorite players back then was Gary Collins. Caught a lot of Ryan's TD's. My other favorite player was Leroy Kelly.
-
Here is something to ponder: Categories of Great QBs. I will limit this to just those that played in the Super Bowl era:
Greatest Arm Talent QBs: Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, John Elway, Joe Namath, Patrick Mahomes, Warren Moon
Greatest Winners: Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman
Greatest Cerebral QBs: Peyton Manning, John Unitas, Drew Brees, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Bernie Kosar
Unique Athletic talent or those with Chutzpah: Fran Tarkenton, Russell Wilson, Steve Young, Cam Newton, Doug Williams, Ben Roethlisberger
Who did I miss?
Frank Ryan. Very cerebral. I think he was pretty good at scrambling around in the backfield, but I was a young teenage Browns fan at the time. One of my favorite players back then was Gary Collins. Caught a lot of Ryan's TD's. My other favorite player was Leroy Kelly.
Frank Ryan. Very cerebral. I think he was pretty good at scrambling around in the backfield, but I was a young teenage Browns fan at the time. One of my favorite players back then was Gary Collins. Caught a lot of Ryan's TD's. My other favorite player was Leroy Kelly.
PhD in mathematics from Rice Univ. . Sounds cerebral anyway.
Also: : Archie Roberts wo played for the Browns, later got his MD from Case Western Reserve
Blaine Nye who played DT for a number of years for the Cowboys got his PhD in Finance from Stanford.
And Charley Johnson, QB for the St. Louis Cardinals...who gave the Browns fits, got his PhD from Washington Univ. of St. Louis in chemical engineering.
-
Here you go. Read the box score for the best game involving the two smartest QBs ever: 1964 33-33 tie between the Browns and Cardinals with Frank Ryan and Charley Johnson at QB for both teams:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196409200cle.htm
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login