True Confessions
-
I know 2 people who got ripped off on a timeshare. That’s good enough for me to stay away
They may not have gotten ripped off at all. They too were probably stupid and had no fucking clue what they were doing with their timeshare. And you know how human nature is: when you fuck up....you look for someone else to blame for your fuckup.
I have been making successful use of my timeshare for like 26 years running now. It is true that it is not just as simplistic as booking a hotel room. A certain amount of strategy is necessary to get proper use out of it. They probably simply "failed to read the instructions". It is as basic as that.
They may not have gotten ripped off at all. They too were probably stupid and had no fucking clue what they were doing with their timeshare. And you know how human nature is: when you fuck up....you look for someone else to blame for your fuckup.
I have been making successful use of my timeshare for like 26 years running now. It is true that it is not just as simplistic as booking a hotel room. A certain amount of strategy is necessary to get proper use out of it. They probably simply "failed to read the instructions". It is as basic as that.
Well the guy that ripped them off is in jail on numerous frauds and real estate swindles. I believe the individual was even featured on an episode of the TV show American Greed
So, as I said before, I’ll stay away from garbage like that
-
They may not have gotten ripped off at all. They too were probably stupid and had no fucking clue what they were doing with their timeshare. And you know how human nature is: when you fuck up....you look for someone else to blame for your fuckup.
I have been making successful use of my timeshare for like 26 years running now. It is true that it is not just as simplistic as booking a hotel room. A certain amount of strategy is necessary to get proper use out of it. They probably simply "failed to read the instructions". It is as basic as that.
Well the guy that ripped them off is in jail on numerous frauds and real estate swindles. I believe the individual was even featured on an episode of the TV show American Greed
So, as I said before, I’ll stay away from garbage like that
Well the guy that ripped them off is in jail on numerous frauds and real estate swindles. I believe the individual was even featured on an episode of the TV show American Greed
So, as I said before, I’ll stay away from garbage like that
Do you have a name? Most timeshares are owned and operated not by "a guy" but by major companies with good reputations: Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Westin, Sheraton, Diamond Resorts (mine, which is about to merge with Hilton), Westgate, Disney, BlueGreen, Hyatt, Wyndham, WorldMark. A few others. You know, garbage like that.
So, I guess your friend decided to go with a fly by night operation...and you see what happens. It could happen in any industry if you are being negligent. If you go with Guido the Roofer you could get ripped off. Like I said, you just have to not be stupid.
-
I don’t have a name. Nor do I care. The “GUY” cost many people millions of dollars
You might love your timeshare, and it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, bit there are people that have been SCREWED on such deals
And for TRUE CONFESSIONS, more people have horror stories about timeshares then are happy with their investment. IMO
-
I don’t have a name. Nor do I care. The “GUY” cost many people millions of dollars
You might love your timeshare, and it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, bit there are people that have been SCREWED on such deals
And for TRUE CONFESSIONS, more people have horror stories about timeshares then are happy with their investment. IMO
I don’t have a name. Nor do I care. The “GUY” cost many people millions of dollars
You might love your timeshare, and it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, bit there are people that have been SCREWED on such deals
And for TRUE CONFESSIONS, more people have horror stories about timeshares then are happy with their investment. IMO
So, you don't have a name or a reference or a link....but you think you know all about it? Well, it is not true that more people have horror stories than are happy. I can attest to that. And you know me better than any of those other people you refer to. What you have are testaments to how stupid and ignorant those people are in how to properly utilize their investment. The analogy that comes to mind is that someone buys a plane who has not had a single flying lesson, and they complain about the person that sold them the plane because they didn't know how to get the damn thing to work.
-
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
-
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and they all stink.
-
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
A timeshare stay, yes, will cost you more likely than getting a hotel for a week at Super 8 or Days Inn, but staying at a Hampton or even Holiday Inn Express would actually cost you more. Also....when I go I often get a1- 2 Bedroom condo unit with a kitchen. So that is clearly a better deal. I have done my travel all different ways you can imagine, from tent camping (no longer), to upscale hotels to timeshare to AirBnB (NYC).
I just came back from a 10 day trip to Nebraska/S. Dakota where I stayed in a different hotel/motel every night (Super 8s, Days Inns). I am going to Chicago in July staying 3 nights in a fairly upscale hotel (Hilton Doubletree), and then I am going to be spending a week in a timeshare in Wisconsin. It all depends on the nature of your travel. I have other timeshare exchange trips booked in timeshares in the future in the Connecticut coast (September), and beachside in Biloxi in April. Through my timeshare connection I was able to get a studio unit in the heart of San Francisco for $339.00 for a bonus week 7 night stay at a place called the Club Donatello. Normally it would cost you that amount for each night.
-
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
My youngest brother was a pilot for a private airplane business flying customers all over the world. He would more often than not leave the plane in some locations for the next crew and then fly home on regular airlines as a passenger at company expense. But his company allowed them to keep any airline miles they earned, which was quite significant. So buying one time share on Kauai and another on Oahu made a lot of sense so they could go two weeks to the Hawaiian Isles yearly on vacation on their free airline miles. He had enough accumulated that they continued to do so well past his retirement date. So for them it made sense, but when I checked it out it did not since they can up those extraneous fees any time they want for whatever amount they want. I decided it was better to save that initial cost and just use it to go anywhere I wanted any time I wanted and not risk higher annual fees stacked on top of initial costs.
-
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
My youngest brother was a pilot for a private airplane business flying customers all over the world. He would more often than not leave the plane in some locations for the next crew and then fly home on regular airlines as a passenger at company expense. But his company allowed them to keep any airline miles they earned, which was quite significant. So buying one time share on Kauai and another on Oahu made a lot of sense so they could go two weeks to the Hawaiian Isles yearly on vacation on their free airline miles. He had enough accumulated that they continued to do so well past his retirement date. So for them it made sense, but when I checked it out it did not since they can up those extraneous fees any time they want for whatever amount they want. I decided it was better to save that initial cost and just use it to go anywhere I wanted any time I wanted and not risk higher annual fees stacked on top of initial costs.
My youngest brother was a pilot for a private airplane business flying customers all over the world. He would more often than not leave the plane in some locations for the next crew and then fly home on regular airlines as a passenger at company expense. But his company allowed them to keep any airline miles they earned, which was quite significant. So buying one time share on Kauai and another on Oahu made a lot of sense so they could go two weeks to the Hawaiian Isles yearly on vacation on their free airline miles. He had enough accumulated that they continued to do so well past his retirement date. So for them it made sense, but when I checked it out it did not since they can up those extraneous fees any time they want for whatever amount they want. I decided it was better to save that initial cost and just use it to go anywhere I wanted any time I wanted and not risk higher annual fees stacked on top of initial costs.
In case you haven't noticed, I haven't had any problems getting around. A key to traveling, in my opinion, is to make a bucket list of where I want to go. I have had different lists throughout the years. My last one I had had about 40 destinations on it, and I have whittled that down to like 19. (but I had other versions of the bucket list before that one) And I certainly have not been hampered by using my timeshare resources for a number of those trips. I have stayed in or have booked in the future a TS in 41 different states, which may in fact be a national record, and is why I have twice been featured in an international travel magazine, though I have not done that much international travel I have concentrated on the US of A. (5 states have no timeshare resorts...including Ohio). And having been to 386 of the 423 National Park Units, you can see that I have figured out how to get around, using Timeshare or not. I guess what I am saying is that because of my knowledge of strategies, which does not take that much to learn, I think I have done well monetarily compared to other alternatives. (Not that you cannot get good deals withe VRBO, AirBnB etc.
-
As far as time shares my ex wife and I attended a seminar actually a sales pitch decades ago. We crunched the numbers and it turned out that in my opinion, our opinion, it was ridiculously restrictive and expensive. That being said in defence of the Gipper anything that you purchase that brings you happiness is worth the money regardless of anybody else's opinion.
WSS
My youngest brother was a pilot for a private airplane business flying customers all over the world. He would more often than not leave the plane in some locations for the next crew and then fly home on regular airlines as a passenger at company expense. But his company allowed them to keep any airline miles they earned, which was quite significant. So buying one time share on Kauai and another on Oahu made a lot of sense so they could go two weeks to the Hawaiian Isles yearly on vacation on their free airline miles. He had enough accumulated that they continued to do so well past his retirement date. So for them it made sense, but when I checked it out it did not since they can up those extraneous fees any time they want for whatever amount they want. I decided it was better to save that initial cost and just use it to go anywhere I wanted any time I wanted and not risk higher annual fees stacked on top of initial costs.
My youngest brother was a pilot for a private airplane business flying customers
Hey I guess it could make sense to somebody that needs to stay somewhere frequently in a specific location if it's cheaper and more convenient than a hotel. I don't guess that's the main use of time shares though. For us it was just a matter of crunching the numbers and finding out it be a lot cheaper to stay in a motel.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login