Ohio Sports Betting on the verge of passing
-
Also, the big holdup on getting sports gambling passed in Ohio has been the turf war between the Ohio Gaming Commission vs. the Ohio Lottery Commission on who should run the whole thing. You would think, both being state entities and not private operators that this should not be an issue....but clearly it is. I guess even these bureaucrats see their operations in "profit/loss" terms. The Ohio Legislature has to make a decision, and seems poised to do so apparently.
So, whatever. I personally would prefer it be handled at the Casinos around the state, of which, I believe, there are 11 "brick and mortar" Casinos. The Lottery claims that if it is allowed to handle the sports gambling in the state that it can turn every gas station and convenience or grocery store...or anywhere the lottery is sold into a sports gambling location. Personally, I am NOT in favor of that. It just doesn't sit well with me, not out of any moral objection. I just think I would prefer my sports gambling to be an "event"...like going to a casino.
-
Speaking of an "Event":
....if/when this passes, and it is determined that it will be run by the Casinos around the state, what would you all think about doing a "Browns Board Day at the Casino" Day where whoever here wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games. Do whatever betting you would wish to do if any. Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere? Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.
What do you think.
-
Speaking of an "Event":
....if/when this passes, and it is determined that it will be run by the Casinos around the state, what would you all think about doing a "Browns Board Day at the Casino" Day where whoever here wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games. Do whatever betting you would wish to do if any. Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere? Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.
What do you think.
Speaking of an "Event":
....if/when this passes, and it is determined that it will be run by the Casinos around the state, what would you all think about doing a "Browns Board Day at the Casino" Day where whoever here wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games. Do whatever betting you would wish to do if any. Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere? Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.
What do you think.
Sounds like a plan to me. I'd make the trip for something like that. Last time I was at Northfield (like 50 years ago) it was just a harness track. I did make it to Jack a few years ago after a Browns game. Either place would work.
-
Speaking of an "Event":
....if/when this passes, and it is determined that it will be run by the Casinos around the state, what would you all think about doing a "Browns Board Day at the Casino" Day where whoever here wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games. Do whatever betting you would wish to do if any. Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere? Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.
What do you think.
Speaking of an "Event":
....if/when this passes, and it is determined that it will be run by the Casinos around the state, what would you all think about doing a "Browns Board Day at the Casino" Day where whoever here wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games. Do whatever betting you would wish to do if any. Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere? Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.
What do you think.
I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover.
And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos.
-
Latest update:
A second sports gambling bill for Ohio is expected in the state's Senate committees in as little as two weeks, as legislators take another crack at legalizing an industry earning hundreds of millions of dollars for surrounding states.
How long it takes to become law and enable sports bettors in the state remains to be seen, with most estimates falling around the end of the year.
Sen. Kirk Schuring (R-Jackson Twp) said Wednesday he expected a bill within "the next couple weeks," as he wrapped up the last of nine hearings in the Senate Select Committee on Gaming. The select committee has been finding any free time it can since the new legislative session began in January, hearing from dozens of witnesses on whether Ohio should legalize sports betting, how it should be regulated and taxed, and where its earnings should go in the state's budget.
Currently, Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania all have some form of legal sports betting, estimated to draw hundreds of millions in gaming profits across state lines each year.
End of the year they say: which means, of course, Ohio loses the entire NFL season to other states surrounding us that allow it. Just shows that the majority that runs this state are a bunch of incompetent morons.
-
Speaking of an "Event":
....if/when this passes, and it is determined that it will be run by the Casinos around the state, what would you all think about doing a "Browns Board Day at the Casino" Day where whoever here wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games. Do whatever betting you would wish to do if any. Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere? Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.
What do you think.
I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover.
And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos.
I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover.
And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos.
See my post in another thread re the schedule. Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider. Slight chance...but a chance. They must schedule it when I am out there in November.
So, what is the policy status there about attendance now?
-
I'd feel much better having my $ in a bona-fide sanctioned site as opposed to some of the hassle I've had with MyBookie at times.
-
I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover.
And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos.
See my post in another thread re the schedule. Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider. Slight chance...but a chance. They must schedule it when I am out there in November.
So, what is the policy status there about attendance now?
See my post in another thread re the schedule. Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider. Slight chance...but a chance. They must schedule it when I am out there in November.
So, what is the policy status there about attendance now?
Padres Games are at 20%
-
I'd feel much better having my $ in a bona-fide sanctioned site as opposed to some of the hassle I've had with MyBookie at times.
-
See my post in another thread re the schedule. Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider. Slight chance...but a chance. They must schedule it when I am out there in November.
So, what is the policy status there about attendance now?
Padres Games are at 20%
Padres Games are at 20%
Keep us informed on the status of SoFi stadium as to whether they will have fans. And what your plans would be.
-
Padres Games are at 20%
Keep us informed on the status of SoFi stadium as to whether they will have fans. And what your plans would be.
Keep us informed on the status of SoFi stadium as to whether they will have fans. And what your plans would be.
Will do.
I am there as long as it isn’t Thanksgiving Weekend or over Christmas week.
Tickets are going to be crazy. Everyone wants to see the new “toy” and they were all locked out last year. I was up there last month. It looks amazing
-
Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games. Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.
-
Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games. Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.
Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games. Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.
Hopefully they don’t dick around for 3 years as they have here.
-
Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games. Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.
Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games. Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.
Austin, the San Francisco of the south.
-
Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games. Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.
Austin, the San Francisco of the south.
Austin, the San Francisco of the south.
Neither city is in what is considered the South. ...or both are. Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest, as demographers classify the nation. I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain to you that demographic classification:
The Northeast consists of the 6 New England states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Plus New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)
The Southeast consists of: Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas and Louisiana.
The Midwest consistes of: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota
The Southwest consists of: Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California
The Northwest consists of: Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington.
So, maybe if Austin and SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.
-
Austin, the San Francisco of the south.
Neither city is in what is considered the South. ...or both are. Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest, as demographers classify the nation. I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain to you that demographic classification:
The Northeast consists of the 6 New England states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Plus New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)
The Southeast consists of: Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas and Louisiana.
The Midwest consistes of: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota
The Southwest consists of: Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California
The Northwest consists of: Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington.
So, maybe if Austin and SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.
Neither city is in what is considered the South. ...or both are. Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest, as demographers classify the nation. I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain to you that demographic classification:
The Northeast consists of the 6 New England states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Plus New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)
The Southeast consists of: Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas and Louisiana.
The Midwest consistes of: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota
The Southwest consists of: Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California
The Northwest consists of: Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington.
So, maybe if Austin and SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.
I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...
I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own. Politics...way of life...laws...etc.
California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.
-
Neither city is in what is considered the South. ...or both are. Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest, as demographers classify the nation. I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain to you that demographic classification:
The Northeast consists of the 6 New England states: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Plus New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)
The Southeast consists of: Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas and Louisiana.
The Midwest consistes of: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota
The Southwest consists of: Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California
The Northwest consists of: Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington.
So, maybe if Austin and SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.
I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...
I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own. Politics...way of life...laws...etc.
California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.
I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...
No, they haven't. No one here has probably traveled more than I, and they are the same as I describe.
I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own. Politics...way of life...laws...etc.
California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.
Politics and "way of life" can vary from block to block in any town in America, including mine, so you can't go with that. Even around here you can go from urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically? A little over a year ago I went from the lowest point in the nation and 50 miles later I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles). California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert. Its just that, sure, in a lot ofareas it has been paved over.
-
I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...
No, they haven't. No one here has probably traveled more than I, and they are the same as I describe.
I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own. Politics...way of life...laws...etc.
California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.
Politics and "way of life" can vary from block to block in any town in America, including mine, so you can't go with that. Even around here you can go from urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically? A little over a year ago I went from the lowest point in the nation and 50 miles later I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles). California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert. Its just that, sure, in a lot ofareas it has been paved over.
Politics and "way of life" can vary from block to block in any town in America, including mine, so you can't go with that. Even around here you can go from urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically? A little over a year ago I went from the lowest point in the nation and 50 miles later I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles). California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert. Its just that, sure, in a lot ofareas it has been paved over.
39% of California is forest.
-
Politics and "way of life" can vary from block to block in any town in America, including mine, so you can't go with that. Even around here you can go from urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically? A little over a year ago I went from the lowest point in the nation and 50 miles later I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles). California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert. Its just that, sure, in a lot ofareas it has been paved over.
39% of California is forest.
39% of California is forest.
Yes and 45% desert. And it’s huge tracts of farmland. And the rest urban.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login