Skip to content

Ohio Sports Betting on the verge of passing

The Browns Board
29 8 843
  • Speaking of  an "Event":

      ....if/when  this passes, and it is determined that  it will be run by the Casinos around the state,     what would you all think about doing a  "Browns Board Day  at the Casino"  Day  where whoever here  wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship  together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games.  Do whatever  betting you would wish to do if any.      Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere?     Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.  

    What do you think.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    Speaking of  an "Event":

      ....if/when  this passes, and it is determined that  it will be run by the Casinos around the state,     what would you all think about doing a  "Browns Board Day  at the Casino"  Day  where whoever here  wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship  together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games.  Do whatever  betting you would wish to do if any.      Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere?     Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.  

    What do you think.  

    I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover. 

    And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Latest update:

    https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-sports-betting-gambling-legal-bill-weeks-second-try-statehouse-4-2-2021

     A second sports gambling bill for Ohio is expected in the state's Senate committees in as little as two weeks, as legislators take another crack at legalizing an industry earning hundreds of millions of dollars for surrounding states.

    How long it takes to become law and enable sports bettors in the state remains to be seen, with most estimates falling around the end of the year.

    Sen. Kirk Schuring (R-Jackson Twp) said Wednesday he expected a bill within "the next couple weeks," as he wrapped up the last of nine hearings in the Senate Select Committee on Gaming. The select committee has been finding any free time it can since the new legislative session began in January, hearing from dozens of witnesses on whether Ohio should legalize sports betting, how it should be regulated and taxed, and where its earnings should go in the state's budget.

    Currently, Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania all have some form of legal sports betting, estimated to draw hundreds of millions in gaming profits across state lines each year.

    End of the year they say:  which means, of course, Ohio loses the entire NFL season  to other states surrounding us that allow it. Just shows that the majority that runs this state are a bunch of incompetent morons. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Speaking of  an "Event":

      ....if/when  this passes, and it is determined that  it will be run by the Casinos around the state,     what would you all think about doing a  "Browns Board Day  at the Casino"  Day  where whoever here  wished to come would gather for one game a year...an away game, to have a bit of a celebration/fellowship  together.....watch the Browns game plus the other NFL games.  Do whatever  betting you would wish to do if any.      Just have a fun day out together in a cool atmosphere?     Probably at like either the MGM Northfield, or the JACK Casino downtown.  

    What do you think.  

    I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover. 

    And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover. 

    And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos. 

    See my post in another thread re the schedule.  Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider.  Slight chance...but a chance.  They must schedule it when I am out there in November.

    So, what is the  policy status there about attendance now?  

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I'd feel much better having my $ in a bona-fide sanctioned site as opposed to some of the hassle I've had with MyBookie at times.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m in as long as no one takes a Steelers cover. 

    And Im going to SOFI this year if our Governor releases us a bit from the tight restrictions. I’d love to do a tailgate with some of you and argue our depth chart over some beers and whiskey and carne Asada tacos. 

    See my post in another thread re the schedule.  Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider.  Slight chance...but a chance.  They must schedule it when I am out there in November.

    So, what is the  policy status there about attendance now?  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    See my post in another thread re the schedule.  Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider.  Slight chance...but a chance.  They must schedule it when I am out there in November.

    So, what is the  policy status there about attendance now?  

    https://fox5sandiego.com/news/coronavirus/california-theme-parks-outdoor-stadiums-to-start-reopening-in-april/?segment=1*1wyntru*s_amp_id*bEJjWW9wb09NMmdJVTRaekZfRHpCS25kMnNFN1lWcmZuNmxTcy12Yk85TWRXX1B4c09SZjYxbTdneFBtbW4yYQ..
     

    Padres Games are at 20% 

  • I'd feel much better having my $ in a bona-fide sanctioned site as opposed to some of the hassle I've had with MyBookie at times.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'd feel much better having my $ in a bona-fide sanctioned site as opposed to some of the hassle I've had with MyBookie at times.

    Talk with London Brown.....he was  looking for guys.    I have thought about  hooking onto an account with him just for an occasional flutter. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    See my post in another thread re the schedule.  Note I said that doing that Chargers game could be something I could consider.  Slight chance...but a chance.  They must schedule it when I am out there in November.

    So, what is the  policy status there about attendance now?  

    https://fox5sandiego.com/news/coronavirus/california-theme-parks-outdoor-stadiums-to-start-reopening-in-april/?segment=1*1wyntru*s_amp_id*bEJjWW9wb09NMmdJVTRaekZfRHpCS25kMnNFN1lWcmZuNmxTcy12Yk85TWRXX1B4c09SZjYxbTdneFBtbW4yYQ..
     

    Padres Games are at 20% 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @the-gipper said:

    Keep us informed on the status of SoFi stadium  as to whether they will have fans.   And what your plans would be. 

    Will do.

    I am there as long as it isn’t Thanksgiving Weekend or over Christmas week. 
     

    Tickets are going to be crazy.  Everyone wants to see the new “toy” and they were all locked out last year.  I was up there last month.  It looks amazing 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games.  Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/09/bipartisan-legislation-filed-to-legalize-casino-gambling-sports-betting-in-texas/

  • Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games.  Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/09/bipartisan-legislation-filed-to-legalize-casino-gambling-sports-betting-in-texas/

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @texasag1969 said:

    Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games.  Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/09/bipartisan-legislation-filed-to-legalize-casino-gambling-sports-betting-in-texas/

    Hopefully they don’t dick around for 3 years as they have here. 

  • Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games.  Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/09/bipartisan-legislation-filed-to-legalize-casino-gambling-sports-betting-in-texas/

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @texasag1969 said:

    Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games.  Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/09/bipartisan-legislation-filed-to-legalize-casino-gambling-sports-betting-in-texas/

    Austin, the San Francisco of the south.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Believe it not Texas is considering approval of 4 major Casino complexes to take some of that money that has gone to La. and OK. for decades now. Ridiculous that we have to drive 5 hours one direction or the other just to entertain ourselves with slots & card games.  Sports betting is a part of it too. And Austin is one of the 4 sites.

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/03/09/bipartisan-legislation-filed-to-legalize-casino-gambling-sports-betting-in-texas/

    Austin, the San Francisco of the south.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Austin, the San Francisco of the south.

    Neither city is in what is considered the South.  ...or both are.  Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest,  as demographers classify the nation.   I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain  to you that demographic classification: 

    The Northeast   consists of the  6 New England states:  Maine,  Vermont, New Hampshire,  Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.  Plus  New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)

    The Southeast consists of:   Virginia,  North Carolina, Georgia,  Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee,  Kentucky,  Arkansas and Louisiana.

    The Midwest consistes of:  Ohio, Michigan, Indiana,  Illinois,  Wisconsin,  Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

    The Southwest consists of:   Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California

    The Northwest consists of:   Wyoming,  Montana, Idaho,  Oregon, Washington.

    So, maybe if Austin and  SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.  

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Austin, the San Francisco of the south.

    Neither city is in what is considered the South.  ...or both are.  Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest,  as demographers classify the nation.   I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain  to you that demographic classification: 

    The Northeast   consists of the  6 New England states:  Maine,  Vermont, New Hampshire,  Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.  Plus  New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)

    The Southeast consists of:   Virginia,  North Carolina, Georgia,  Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee,  Kentucky,  Arkansas and Louisiana.

    The Midwest consistes of:  Ohio, Michigan, Indiana,  Illinois,  Wisconsin,  Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

    The Southwest consists of:   Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California

    The Northwest consists of:   Wyoming,  Montana, Idaho,  Oregon, Washington.

    So, maybe if Austin and  SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #26

    @the-gipper said:

    Neither city is in what is considered the South.  ...or both are.  Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest,  as demographers classify the nation.   I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain  to you that demographic classification: 

    The Northeast   consists of the  6 New England states:  Maine,  Vermont, New Hampshire,  Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.  Plus  New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)

    The Southeast consists of:   Virginia,  North Carolina, Georgia,  Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee,  Kentucky,  Arkansas and Louisiana.

    The Midwest consistes of:  Ohio, Michigan, Indiana,  Illinois,  Wisconsin,  Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

    The Southwest consists of:   Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California

    The Northwest consists of:   Wyoming,  Montana, Idaho,  Oregon, Washington.

    So, maybe if Austin and  SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.  

    I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...


    I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own.   Politics...way of life...laws...etc. 
     

    California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from  So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Neither city is in what is considered the South.  ...or both are.  Both are actually considered to be in the Southwest,  as demographers classify the nation.   I am aware that you are not learned enough to know what that is all about so I will explain  to you that demographic classification: 

    The Northeast   consists of the  6 New England states:  Maine,  Vermont, New Hampshire,  Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.  Plus  New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia (border state, but still demographically NE)

    The Southeast consists of:   Virginia,  North Carolina, Georgia,  Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee,  Kentucky,  Arkansas and Louisiana.

    The Midwest consistes of:  Ohio, Michigan, Indiana,  Illinois,  Wisconsin,  Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota

    The Southwest consists of:   Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California

    The Northwest consists of:   Wyoming,  Montana, Idaho,  Oregon, Washington.

    So, maybe if Austin and  SFO have similarities, it is because they are from the same demographic area.  

    I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...


    I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own.   Politics...way of life...laws...etc. 
     

    California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from  So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...

    No, they haven't.  No one here has probably traveled more than I, and they are the same as I describe.


    I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own.   Politics...way of life...laws...etc. 
     

    California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from  So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.  

    Politics and "way of life"  can vary  from block to block in any town in America, including mine,    so you can't go with that.   Even around here  you can go from  urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically?   A little over a year ago  I went from the lowest point in the nation  and 50 miles later  I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles).   California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert.  Its just that, sure, in a  lot ofareas it has been paved over. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I think some of these have changed over the past couple decades maybe longer than that...

    No, they haven't.  No one here has probably traveled more than I, and they are the same as I describe.


    I’d probably argue that California, Texas, Florida have earned a classification on their own.   Politics...way of life...laws...etc. 
     

    California truly has no grouping similarities with the southwest - Colorado can’t stand us for many reasons..we hate Zonies...etc. Actually Central California would love to get a divorce from  So. Cal and other coastal CA areas.  

    Politics and "way of life"  can vary  from block to block in any town in America, including mine,    so you can't go with that.   Even around here  you can go from  urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically?   A little over a year ago  I went from the lowest point in the nation  and 50 miles later  I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles).   California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert.  Its just that, sure, in a  lot ofareas it has been paved over. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    Politics and "way of life"  can vary  from block to block in any town in America, including mine,    so you can't go with that.   Even around here  you can go from  urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically?   A little over a year ago  I went from the lowest point in the nation  and 50 miles later  I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles).   California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert.  Its just that, sure, in a  lot ofareas it has been paved over. 

    39% of California is forest.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Politics and "way of life"  can vary  from block to block in any town in America, including mine,    so you can't go with that.   Even around here  you can go from  urban ghettos to horse farms in 15 minutes. And geographically?   A little over a year ago  I went from the lowest point in the nation  and 50 miles later  I could look upon the highest point in the continental states. (Death Valley to Mt. Whittier is only a matter of 50 miles).   California, indeed has much similar to the southwest. Much of it is a desert.  Its just that, sure, in a  lot ofareas it has been paved over. 

    39% of California is forest.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #29

    @sdbacker80 said:

    39% of California is forest.  

    Yes and 45% desert. And it’s huge tracts of farmland. And the rest urban.