#1 Overall Question
-
Here is a Question.....that I don't know the answer to. Would have to research, or maybe someone knows:
When was the last time, if ever, a team had 3 #1 Overall draft picks on their roster.......the way the Browns do now with Garrett, Baker, and Clowney?
Edit: tried to look it up but could find no specific answer.
-
It has happened 10 times in the NBA, including this latest, for all of one minute:
Game Together: 2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers (3 First Overall Picks)
Lebron James and Kyrie Irving were joined by Andrew Bogut in a midseason effort to prepare for the Finals. Unfortunately, he was injured in the first minute of his first game on the Cavs, capping his career time on the Cavs at 1 minute.
-
Or, how about this exercise in frivolity: I am going to do an ALL #1 overall draft pick roster:
Offense
QB: Peyton Manning Runnersup: John Elway/Troy Aikman/Terry Bradshaw (34 QBs to choose from)
FB: Corbett Davis (1938) 2 to choose from
HB/RB: OJ Simpson Runnerup: Earl Campbell out of 20
WR1: Keyshawn Johnson
WR2: Irving Fryar 2 out of 3 here
TE: Leon Hart out of 2
OC: Chuck Bednarik out of 2
OT1: Orlando Pace
OT2: Ron Yary
No OGs ever drafted #1 overall....so I am taking a couple of tackles and moving them:
OG1: Eric Fisher.....moved inside from OT
OG2: Jake Long....moved inside from OT
Defense
DT1: Russell Maryland
DT2: Dan Wilkinison
DE1: Bruce Smith
DE2: Leroy Selmon
MLB: Tommy Nobis
OLB1: Aundray Bruce
OLB2: Tom Cousineau.....moved outside (where he actually may have been better suited than inside)
DB1: Gary Glick (only DB to ever be picked #1 overall.... for the next 3 DB spots, I am moving some guys there that I think could possibly handle the DB:)
DB2: Bo Jackson moved from RB
DB3: Michael Vick moved from QB.......Jackson and Vick had the speed in their prime to cover I think
DB4: Dave Parks WR (the 3rd #1 pick WR....as a WR I think he could handle defending passes
Special Teams:
Long Snapper: Ki Aldrich he is the only Center besides Bednarik drafted #1....and as such he probably did a share of long snapping
Kicker: Paul Hornung played HB/QB and kicked. He made 66 NFL FGs with a long of 52 yards, and was 190 of 194 on extra points in the NFL
Punter: Jay Berwanger...... very first #1 overall pick in 1936.....he punted on his NFL career by going into business and never playing....so I give this spot to him (though there may have been some old timer who did punting duties...I am just not aware.
BOLD are HOF
-
Zombo said:
Surprisingly bad team.
Z
I will go back and edit to highlight the HOF players, just to see what the result is. (and, actually....kicker is not one of the weak spots)
-
Add to the team:
Kickoff Returner: Billy Cannon
Punt Returner: Tommy Mason
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login