Eddie George new Tenn State coach, adds Hue Jackson OC and Pepe Pearson RBC.
-
He isn't wrong about the analytics vs football.
That's the only way I can explain selections like Erving, Coleman and Ogbah.
He isn't wrong about the analytics vs football.
That's the only way I can explain selections like Erving, Coleman and Ogbah.
I am not going to get in to old debates about various draft selections, but Hue wasn't right about shit. The guy is a stain and it's a shame he can even in a round about way associate with the Browns.
-
He isn't wrong about the analytics vs football.
That's the only way I can explain selections like Erving, Coleman and Ogbah.
I am not going to get in to old debates about various draft selections, but Hue wasn't right about shit. The guy is a stain and it's a shame he can even in a round about way associate with the Browns.
-

-
There was a very good and in depth ESPN article on the Browns and what went on inside around two years ago.
It made it explicitly clear that Hue as well as Sean McDermott were told exactly what was going to happen. The FO voted 4-1 to hire McDermott and Haslam still went with Hue. He knew exactly what he was getting into he just thought he could win games along the way, he couldn’t.
-
-
I think the Browns - for what they trying to accomplish back then - nailed it out of the park when they hired Hue.
They were in full tank mode. I can't think of a better head coach to hire than Hue to help this proceed successfully.
-
Hue Jackson is the embodiment of two things being true at the same time.
We can all agree that those rosters were laughably bad. Those teams were setting up to tank about as intentionally as possible. But, this doesn't mean that Hue wasn't an awful coach too. From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames. He made mind numbingly stupid decisions during the game that while they don't come to mind objectively hindered wins. This is a burning a bridge, I guess he really must be okay with lacing them up. I just hope he takes a long look in the mirror and realizes if he was a good coach, he would be on a staff right now. Very telling he's been out of the league essentially three years and is now planning this book.
From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.
Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter? Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something. Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in. And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
We should write our OWN book about Hue!
-
From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.
Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter? Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something. Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in. And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
We should write our OWN book about Hue!
Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter? Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something. Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in. And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
We should write our OWN book about Hue!

-
Hue Jackson is the embodiment of two things being true at the same time.
We can all agree that those rosters were laughably bad. Those teams were setting up to tank about as intentionally as possible. But, this doesn't mean that Hue wasn't an awful coach too. From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames. He made mind numbingly stupid decisions during the game that while they don't come to mind objectively hindered wins. This is a burning a bridge, I guess he really must be okay with lacing them up. I just hope he takes a long look in the mirror and realizes if he was a good coach, he would be on a staff right now. Very telling he's been out of the league essentially three years and is now planning this book.
-
-
It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks. I don’t think anyone believes Hugh is a good head coach and a victim of circumstances.
He should be disappointed though with his lack of QB development with the Browns. I mistakenly supported the hire because I thought he would at the very least settle the instability we had at the position
He’s a distant memory.
-
From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.
Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter? Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something. Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in. And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
We should write our OWN book about Hue!
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm...
It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.
I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later.
-
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm...
It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.
I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later.
-
-
-
Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?
Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm...
It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.
I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later.
Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm...
I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later.
And Fucktards like Colin Cowherd and others say that Baker was "immature". How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but "immature" when he had Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens as his HCs for his first two years in the NFL? (but remember....he still set the all time rookie TD pass record even with Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)
-
Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm...
I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later.
And Fucktards like Colin Cowherd and others say that Baker was "immature". How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but "immature" when he had Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens as his HCs for his first two years in the NFL? (but remember....he still set the all time rookie TD pass record even with Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)
And Fucktards like Colin Cowherd and others say that Baker was "immature". How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but "immature" when he had Hue Jackson and Freddie Kitchens as his HCs for his first two years in the NFL? (but remember....he still set the all time rookie TD pass record even with Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)
Baker was a bit of a mess with the media that first year, but Colin only wanted some of the cake, even though the attention whore won't ever acknowledge it.
-
I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...
And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.
Oh, I do haha.
And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.
-
I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...
And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.
Oh, I do haha.
And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.
Oh, I do haha.
And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.
During that 1-31 run Hue proved to be somewhat worst than the average Texas H.S. coach I've seen over the years here. He had no clue about red zone or clock management. None!
-
It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks. I don’t think anyone believes Hugh is a good head coach and a victim of circumstances.
He should be disappointed though with his lack of QB development with the Browns. I mistakenly supported the hire because I thought he would at the very least settle the instability we had at the position
He’s a distant memory.
He’s a distant memory.
Despite evidence to the contrary?

Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.
It's a war of attrition!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login