Skip to content

Eddie George new Tenn State coach, adds Hue Jackson OC and Pepe Pearson RBC.

The Browns Board
75 25 2.2k 1
  • Hue Jackson is the embodiment of two things being true at the same time.

    We can all agree that those rosters were laughably bad. Those teams were setting up to tank about as intentionally as possible. But, this doesn't mean that Hue wasn't an awful coach too. From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames. He made mind numbingly stupid decisions during the game that while they don't come to mind objectively hindered wins. This is a burning a bridge, I guess he really must be okay with lacing them up. I just hope he takes a long look in the mirror and realizes if he was a good coach, he would be on a staff right now. Very telling he's been out of the league essentially three years and is now planning this book.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    We should write our OWN book about Hue!

  • @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    We should write our OWN book about Hue!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @orion said:

    Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    We should write our OWN book about Hue!

    GIF chris farley - animated GIF on GIFER

  • Hue Jackson is the embodiment of two things being true at the same time.

    We can all agree that those rosters were laughably bad. Those teams were setting up to tank about as intentionally as possible. But, this doesn't mean that Hue wasn't an awful coach too. From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames. He made mind numbingly stupid decisions during the game that while they don't come to mind objectively hindered wins. This is a burning a bridge, I guess he really must be okay with lacing them up. I just hope he takes a long look in the mirror and realizes if he was a good coach, he would be on a staff right now. Very telling he's been out of the league essentially three years and is now planning this book.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

    @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I am not going to get in to old debates about various draft selections, but Hue wasn't right about shit.  The guy is a stain and it's a shame he can even in a round about way associate with the Browns.

    No argument there.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tiamat63 said:

    No argument there.

    Could've been worse... Could've been Lovie Smith

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #35

    It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.  I don’t think anyone believes Hugh is a good head coach and a victim of circumstances.

    He should be disappointed though with his lack of QB development with the Browns.  I mistakenly supported the hire because I thought he would at the very least settle the instability we had at the position

    He’s a distant memory. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    We should write our OWN book about Hue!

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @orion said:

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.

    I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

  • @orion said:

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.

    I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @nero said:

    Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

    LOL

  • I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

    @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @tour2ma said:

    I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

    And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

    Was that his "football pick"?????

  • AxeA Axe

    @tiamat63 said:

    No argument there.

    Could've been worse... Could've been Lovie Smith

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @axe said:

    Could've been worse... Could've been Lovie Smith

    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lovie Smith  take the Bears to the Super Bowl as Bears coach?  

    So, how could  (losing)  Super Bowl coach  be worse than   1-31 coach? 

  • @orion said:

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.

    I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @nero said:

    Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

    I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

    And  Fucktards like  Colin Cowherd and others say that  Baker was "immature".   How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but  "immature"  when he had Hue Jackson and  Freddie Kitchens as his  HCs for his first two years in the NFL?  (but remember....he still set the all time rookie  TD pass record even with  Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)

  • @nero said:

    Oh, man. I almost forgot that. I guess it's my memory trying to prevent more harm... 

    I distinctly remember Baker not buying anything from Hue. You could see it on his facial expression. And I have never seen any rookie QB having that stare at his HC. And it was not only that Baker was cocky, but everyone saw him as a walking dead who was going to get booted sooner than later. 

    And  Fucktards like  Colin Cowherd and others say that  Baker was "immature".   How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but  "immature"  when he had Hue Jackson and  Freddie Kitchens as his  HCs for his first two years in the NFL?  (but remember....he still set the all time rookie  TD pass record even with  Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @the-gipper said:

    And  Fucktards like  Colin Cowherd and others say that  Baker was "immature".   How in the fucking hell could any rookie QB be anything but  "immature"  when he had Hue Jackson and  Freddie Kitchens as his  HCs for his first two years in the NFL?  (but remember....he still set the all time rookie  TD pass record even with  Hue and Greg Williams as his HCs that year.)

    Baker was a bit of a mess with the media that first year, but Colin only wanted some of the cake, even though the attention whore won't ever acknowledge it. 

  • I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

    @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @tour2ma said:

    I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

    And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

    Oh, I do haha.

    And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I wonder how many chapters will be about his Raider days...

    And don't forget his war room fist pump when we picked Kessler.

    Oh, I do haha.

    And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @jrb12711 said:

    Oh, I do haha.

    And also, great coaching can overcome what the Browns roster was in those days. Hell, the Dolphins two seasons ago put up the white flag maybe more than we did and yet SOMEHOW Flores got that team to 5-11? I'm not even suggesting those teams were good for 5 wins combined over those two seasons, but 1-31 is amazingly awful. Boy, those were some longgg seasons haha.

    During that 1-31 run Hue proved to be somewhat worst than the average Texas H.S. coach I've seen over the years here. He had no clue about red zone or clock management. None!

  • It was apparent he never really had the team (players and coaches) during Hard Knocks.  I don’t think anyone believes Hugh is a good head coach and a victim of circumstances.

    He should be disappointed though with his lack of QB development with the Browns.  I mistakenly supported the hire because I thought he would at the very least settle the instability we had at the position

    He’s a distant memory. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @sdbacker80 said:

    He’s a distant memory. 

    Despite evidence to the contrary? 😉

    Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.

    It's a war of attrition!

  • @jrb12711 said:

    From "trust me on this one" Kessler to "I can mold him" Kizer, his then claim to fame of being a "QB whisperer" went up in flames.

    Remember the game that he decided to put Kessler back in as the starter?  Kessler was doing a lot of check downs...being conservative...because guys weren't open downfield...but he actually had us in the lead at the half...by a FG or something.  Well, The QB Whisperer had wanted Kessler to throw the ball downfield, so he benched him and put McCown in.  And McCown, like the good soldier that he is, threw the long ball...and was picked off 2 or 3 times as we lost the game going away.

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    We should write our OWN book about Hue!

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @orion said:

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    lol... like a scene out of Moneyball...

  • @orion said:

    Remember how Dorsey had to trade away Carlos Hyde so that Hue would play Cubb?

    lol... like a scene out of Moneyball...

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... like a scene out of Moneyball...

    Haha that’s a great movie 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    He’s a distant memory. 

    Despite evidence to the contrary? 😉

    Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.

    It's a war of attrition!

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #47

    @tour2ma said:

    Despite evidence to the contrary? 😉

    Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.

    It's a war of attrition!

    despite a post bringing him up on here or a random yahoo article.  He’s out of sight in Cleveland - a mere footnote to an 0-16 year and a 1-31 span that is now overtaken by a team that had the defending champs on the ropes prior to that they knocked their division nemesis into the offseason.  So I kind of forget.

    And of course We have the coach of the year now. And prior to that we had the Freddie experiment and even that netted 6 wins. 
     

  • @tour2ma said:

    Despite evidence to the contrary? 😉

    Hue seems determined to keep the memory alive in us until out of sheer exhaustion ours conforms with his version.

    It's a war of attrition!

    despite a post bringing him up on here or a random yahoo article.  He’s out of sight in Cleveland - a mere footnote to an 0-16 year and a 1-31 span that is now overtaken by a team that had the defending champs on the ropes prior to that they knocked their division nemesis into the offseason.  So I kind of forget.

    And of course We have the coach of the year now. And prior to that we had the Freddie experiment and even that netted 6 wins. 
     

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And prior to that we had the Freddie experiment and even that netted 6 wins. 
     

    Hard to think that Freddie netted 6 times more wins in his one short stay than baby Huey did in that 1-31 stretch.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Economy Opening Up And Democrats Are Like - Imgflip

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #50

    hue hasn't bean a success much of anywhere he's ever been.....

    only is speaking out now because the Browns are DONE paying him,

    his contract is over, and he wrote a book and wants to sell it.

    Doesn't have a publisher, not surprised......