Skip to content

Eddie George new Tenn State coach, adds Hue Jackson OC and Pepe Pearson RBC.

The Browns Board
75 25 2.2k 1
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    And prior to that we had the Freddie experiment and even that netted 6 wins. 
     

    Hard to think that Freddie netted 6 times more wins in his one short stay than baby Huey did in that 1-31 stretch.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hard to think that Freddie netted 6 times more wins in his one short stay than baby Huey did in that 1-31 stretch.

    No it is not.

    The Browns under Hue Jackson his first two seasons were tanking on purpose. Those teams were straight garbage, with generally garbage draft classes. 

    Browns fans were more pumped for the 2019 season with Freddie than they were going into last season. 

    Hue is a shitty head coach, but the 1-31 record isn't the reason why. Belichick wasn't getting more than 5 wins total in those two seasons. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #52

    This keeps getting better and better...

    Former Browns head coach Hue Jackson joined NFL insider Mike Silver and his daughter Natalie on the Pass it Down podcast to talk about the 2017 NFL Draft. The Browns were picking first overall and wound up with Pro Bowl defensive end Myles Garrett. Jackson explained that he was all-in on Garrett from the start, but said the Browns front office wanted to go in a different direction.

    “At the time, there was divide between who should be the first pick,” Jackson said. “I wanted Myles Garrett and I’m an offensive coach. I didn’t think there was a quarterback worth being the first pick in the draft.”

    Jackson, who coached the Browns from 2016-2018 and compiled a 3-36-1 record, went on to describe why he was enamored with Garrett. He then explains the front office wanted to select Trubisky instead.

    “I was lock and barrel on Myles Garrett,” he said. “But there were others that were lock and barrel on Mitchell Trubisky and me being a quarterback guy, I did not want that. I liked Mitchell, but I didn’t think he was the first pick of the draft at quarterback. There were some rumblings about that and I think everybody knew that. There was truly divide. But the day of the draft, we obviously ended up picking Myles and rightfully so.”

    https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/bears-mitch-trubisky-2017-nfl-draft-browns/

    I'd say you can't make this shit up...

    ... but obviously you can.

  • This keeps getting better and better...

    Former Browns head coach Hue Jackson joined NFL insider Mike Silver and his daughter Natalie on the Pass it Down podcast to talk about the 2017 NFL Draft. The Browns were picking first overall and wound up with Pro Bowl defensive end Myles Garrett. Jackson explained that he was all-in on Garrett from the start, but said the Browns front office wanted to go in a different direction.

    “At the time, there was divide between who should be the first pick,” Jackson said. “I wanted Myles Garrett and I’m an offensive coach. I didn’t think there was a quarterback worth being the first pick in the draft.”

    Jackson, who coached the Browns from 2016-2018 and compiled a 3-36-1 record, went on to describe why he was enamored with Garrett. He then explains the front office wanted to select Trubisky instead.

    “I was lock and barrel on Myles Garrett,” he said. “But there were others that were lock and barrel on Mitchell Trubisky and me being a quarterback guy, I did not want that. I liked Mitchell, but I didn’t think he was the first pick of the draft at quarterback. There were some rumblings about that and I think everybody knew that. There was truly divide. But the day of the draft, we obviously ended up picking Myles and rightfully so.”

    https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/31/bears-mitch-trubisky-2017-nfl-draft-browns/

    I'd say you can't make this shit up...

    ... but obviously you can.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @tour2ma said:

    This keeps getting better and better...

    I'd say you can't make this shit up...

    ... but obviously you can.

    So yes, you can train stupidity. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Some sound advice from Shannon Sharpe...

    “Let it go. It’s over. It’s a bad idea,” Shannon Sharpe, co-host of FS1′s “Undisputed,” said Wednesday.

    “You lied to the Cleveland Browns. You said you were going to be better than 3-36-1 in 40 games,” Sharpe added. “So I guess y’all lied to each other. You were a match made in heaven. I guess y’all deserved each other.”

    “You won’t be the last head coach that got the job and failed at it,” Sharpe said. “I guarantee if you had won more games, you would have kept your job.”

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/04/nfl-hall-of-famer-tells-hue-jackson-to-let-it-go-when-it-comes-to-the-browns.html

  • Some sound advice from Shannon Sharpe...

    “Let it go. It’s over. It’s a bad idea,” Shannon Sharpe, co-host of FS1′s “Undisputed,” said Wednesday.

    “You lied to the Cleveland Browns. You said you were going to be better than 3-36-1 in 40 games,” Sharpe added. “So I guess y’all lied to each other. You were a match made in heaven. I guess y’all deserved each other.”

    “You won’t be the last head coach that got the job and failed at it,” Sharpe said. “I guarantee if you had won more games, you would have kept your job.”

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/04/nfl-hall-of-famer-tells-hue-jackson-to-let-it-go-when-it-comes-to-the-browns.html

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @tour2ma said:

    Some sound advice from Shannon Sharpe...

    “Let it go. It’s over. It’s a bad idea,” Shannon Sharpe, co-host of FS1′s “Undisputed,” said Wednesday.

    “You lied to the Cleveland Browns. You said you were going to be better than 3-36-1 in 40 games,” Sharpe added. “So I guess y’all lied to each other. You were a match made in heaven. I guess y’all deserved each other.”

    “You won’t be the last head coach that got the job and failed at it,” Sharpe said. “I guarantee if you had won more games, you would have kept your job.”

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/04/nfl-hall-of-famer-tells-hue-jackson-to-let-it-go-when-it-comes-to-the-browns.html

    Listen up Hue- good stuff from Shannon.


    Good Leaders are accountable.  Regardless of who did what...said what...suggested this...suggested that.  Hue led a 3-36-1 team. 
     

    If he finds the next spot that spot will obviously not value accountability.   

  • @tour2ma said:

    This keeps getting better and better...

    I'd say you can't make this shit up...

    ... but obviously you can.

    So yes, you can train stupidity. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @nero said:

    So yes, you can train stupidity. 

    Replying to @_PeteSmith_
    Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_
    Hue Jackson is gonna be the offensive coordinator for Tennessee State.

    Good luck Eddie George.

    After what Jackson did to DeShone Kizer, he should never be allowed to coach anything.

    But here we are...

    Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

    (per @huejack10)

    Shocked Fresh Prince | Meme Generator

  • @nero said:

    So yes, you can train stupidity. 

    Replying to @_PeteSmith_
    Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_
    Hue Jackson is gonna be the offensive coordinator for Tennessee State.

    Good luck Eddie George.

    After what Jackson did to DeShone Kizer, he should never be allowed to coach anything.

    But here we are...

    Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

    (per @huejack10)

    Shocked Fresh Prince | Meme Generator

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @gumby73 said:

    Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

    (per @huejack10)

    Shocked Fresh Prince | Meme Generator

    Well the Eddy George experiment is headed down the tubes already.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #58

    Unusual path from NFL HC to Offensive Coordinator at Tenn St. take away the “St.” and it is still slightly unbelievable.

    Easy excuse if failure happens...let me guess Hue...you were working with a first time coach.  He didn’t let you give guys random days off during camp.  I’m sure he will find the trombone player and make him a QB “you’ve got to trust me”

  • Unusual path from NFL HC to Offensive Coordinator at Tenn St. take away the “St.” and it is still slightly unbelievable.

    Easy excuse if failure happens...let me guess Hue...you were working with a first time coach.  He didn’t let you give guys random days off during camp.  I’m sure he will find the trombone player and make him a QB “you’ve got to trust me”

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #59

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Unusual path from NFL HC to Offensive Coordinator at Tenn St. take away the “St.” and it is still slightly unbelievable.

    Easy excuse if failure happens...let me guess Hue...you were working with a first time coach.  He didn’t let you give guys random days off during camp.  I’m sure he will find the trombone player and make him a QB “you’ve got to trust me”

    And he will make him throw 3 times inside the 2 yard line.?

    (After wasting at least one timeout on the decision most likely).

  • @nero said:

    So yes, you can train stupidity. 

    Replying to @_PeteSmith_
    Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_
    Hue Jackson is gonna be the offensive coordinator for Tennessee State.

    Good luck Eddie George.

    After what Jackson did to DeShone Kizer, he should never be allowed to coach anything.

    But here we are...

    Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

    (per @huejack10)

    Shocked Fresh Prince | Meme Generator

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @gumby73 said:

    After what Jackson did to DeShone Kizer, he should never be allowed to coach anything.

    But here we are...

    Hue Jackson has accepted the Offensive Coordinator position at Tennessee St. to work with new Head Coach Eddie George.

    (per @huejack10)

    Shocked Fresh Prince | Meme Generator

    I thought April Fools Day was a couple weeks ago.  😁

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Hue needs permanent residence at Bellevue...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Every time I log in and see this thread title in bold face I think... "What now?"

  • Every time I log in and see this thread title in bold face I think... "What now?"

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #63

    @tour2ma said:

    Every time I log in and see this thread title in bold face I think... "What now?"

    Misery loves company with him... At some point... You would think common sense might prevail and he would decide to move on with life... But no... I guess some folks just gash their own wounds in deeper... Life is short enough Hue... Grow up man (Hubris)...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Every time I log in and see this thread title in bold face I think... "What now?"

    Misery loves company with him... At some point... You would think common sense might prevail and he would decide to move on with life... But no... I guess some folks just gash their own wounds in deeper... Life is short enough Hue... Grow up man (Hubris)...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @nickers said:

    Misery loves company with him... At some point... You would think common sense might prevail and he would decide to move on with life... But no... I guess some folks just gash their own wounds in deeper... Life is short enough Hue... Grow up man (Hubris)...

    He's selling his book and that's all.

  • @nickers said:

    Misery loves company with him... At some point... You would think common sense might prevail and he would decide to move on with life... But no... I guess some folks just gash their own wounds in deeper... Life is short enough Hue... Grow up man (Hubris)...

    He's selling his book and that's all.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @texasag1969 said:

    He's selling his book and that's all.

    Now he is...he whined and moaned I think before the book idea too.  
     

    maybe he should stay away from all media forms.  HBO didn’t do him any favors. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #66

    To me, the dude went from a respected NFL coach, to an incompetent NFL coach that blames anyone else for his failures. 

    ^ and that started way back on Hard Knocks when he got into it with Todd Haley about his soft, pussy team. 

  • To me, the dude went from a respected NFL coach, to an incompetent NFL coach that blames anyone else for his failures. 

    ^ and that started way back on Hard Knocks when he got into it with Todd Haley about his soft, pussy team. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @d-bone said:

    and that started way back on Hard Knocks when he got into it with Todd Haley about his soft, pussy team. 

    Until now it never occurred to me to wonder what Jimmah was thinking when he watched that episode.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #68

    The bottom line... Hue will forever be known as a "LOSER"... Nothing will ever take that away from him.. He owns it!...  Now move on...

  • The bottom line... Hue will forever be known as a "LOSER"... Nothing will ever take that away from him.. He owns it!...  Now move on...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @nickers said:

    The bottom line... Hue will forever be known as a "LOSER"... Nothing will ever take that away from him.. He owns it!...  Now move on...

    January  31...forever like  Cinqo de Mayo,  May the Fourth.......Hue Jackson Day:   1-31

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Eddie George new Tenn State coach, adds Hue Jackson OC and Pepe Pearson RBC.

    WELL Eddie George former Tennessee Titan RB is the new Tennessee State football coach and brings along a lot of Ohio roots.

    Hue Jackson OC, former record setting Cleveland BROWNS head coach.....as we all remember all too well.

    Pepe Pearson RBC former Ohio State great and briefly a YSU RBC on a $400,000/year 5 year deal.

    We wish him well.