Skip to content

Whats your best case scenario?

The Browns Board
35 12 947
  • I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

    I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.

    CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS 

    Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #5

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

    Round 2,  #59.  (If we don't move up for something else)

  • I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

    I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.

    CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS 

    Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

    Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

    I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.

    CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS 

    Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

    What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

    I’m leaning toward a pass rusher or a corner Round 1.

    CAN WE DRAFT A PHYSICAL CORNER PLEASE WITH SOME SIZE AND NO DURABILITY CONCERNS 

    Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

    What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @louisville-slugger said:

    What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special. 

    I’m on board with Jaylen Twyman Pitt.  Goes back to 2019 he opted out this last season.  He’s was a playmaker when I watched Pitt. 

    Im with others here on Alim McNeil NC St.  big time athlete with size. 

    either of these two would do as well: 

    Milton Williams La Tech. PFF loves him.

    Marvin Wilson FSU.  Highly recruited developed later in his career 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I love the DT depth in 2/3/4 rounds of this draft I would not draft one at 26.

    Round 2,  #59.  (If we don't move up for something else)

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @orion said:

    Round 2,  #59.  (If we don't move up for something else)

    I saw a mock with a trade up where we gave up a 3rd and a 4th to move up a little in the first and take Jaycee Horn CB.  Not opposed to it.  He’s a starter day 1 for us.  We could add a DT round 2 that would like be a major rotational piece in Year 1.  The defense looks pretty formidable with two more major contributors 

    We are left with 

    3,4,5,6,7.   Go best available and add depth. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #9

    just don't see much left in Corners once Horn/Surtain & Newsome come off the board... We've found our slot corner in Hill, so our need would be a outside boundary insurance depth Corner..Due to this.... I can't see Farley getting to pick #26, nor Samuel getting to pick #59 in the 2nd ?..Their stock should rise, as BPA at Corner position.. That most teams will over value their real talent, due to position played... LSU Kary Vincent jr. looks to be a great slot* fit behind Hill...imho.. 

    anybody else keep seeing reads such as these ? If our gm boots our grounded on winning this thing this year? I'd give these picks, as a best case scenario..(yep! could be complete BS!? too) but would a lot us to follow the better draft depth in DE/DT & LB.. 

    Stef Gilmore--- ProProFootballFoucs predicts that the Cleveland Browns will trade for Gilmore this offseason. PFF sees the Patriots getting the Browns' 2021 third-round pick (No. 89 overall) and a 2022 sixth-round selection in exchange for the CB.

    Marshon Lattimore----Seemingly, if the Saints were willing to take a third and fifth round pick in this year's draft, the Browns would jump on it. A third this year and a fourth next year might be acceptable, though not quite as appetizing for the Browns. It's not a great year for talent and the uncertainty due to the pandemic make 2022 picks more attractive.

    We'll elect Unsymp, to do the cap stroke math.. 🥷

  • just don't see much left in Corners once Horn/Surtain & Newsome come off the board... We've found our slot corner in Hill, so our need would be a outside boundary insurance depth Corner..Due to this.... I can't see Farley getting to pick #26, nor Samuel getting to pick #59 in the 2nd ?..Their stock should rise, as BPA at Corner position.. That most teams will over value their real talent, due to position played... LSU Kary Vincent jr. looks to be a great slot* fit behind Hill...imho.. 

    anybody else keep seeing reads such as these ? If our gm boots our grounded on winning this thing this year? I'd give these picks, as a best case scenario..(yep! could be complete BS!? too) but would a lot us to follow the better draft depth in DE/DT & LB.. 

    Stef Gilmore--- ProProFootballFoucs predicts that the Cleveland Browns will trade for Gilmore this offseason. PFF sees the Patriots getting the Browns' 2021 third-round pick (No. 89 overall) and a 2022 sixth-round selection in exchange for the CB.

    Marshon Lattimore----Seemingly, if the Saints were willing to take a third and fifth round pick in this year's draft, the Browns would jump on it. A third this year and a fourth next year might be acceptable, though not quite as appetizing for the Browns. It's not a great year for talent and the uncertainty due to the pandemic make 2022 picks more attractive.

    We'll elect Unsymp, to do the cap stroke math.. 🥷

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @gumby73 said:

    just don't see much left in outside Corners once Horn & Newsome come off the board... We've found our slot corner in Hill, so our need would be a outside boundary depth Corner..Due to this.... I can't see Farley getting to pick #26, nor Samuel getting to pick #59 in the 2nd ?..Their stock should rise, as BPA at Corner position, that teams over value their real talent... LSU Kary Vincent jr. looks to be a great slot* fit behind Hill...imho.. 

    There is a few more names that I think would fit - Patrick Surtain....

    https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/nfl-draft-cornerbacks-alabamas-patrick-surtain-ii

    but the corners will be long gone before the Browns second pick.

    but

    there one guy I'd think could be a terrific starter eventually, in a later round...

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-paulson-adebo-cb-stanford/ar-BB1fIUE5

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    What DTs do you like? I havent done much digging this year, but I haven't seen anything special. 

    I’m on board with Jaylen Twyman Pitt.  Goes back to 2019 he opted out this last season.  He’s was a playmaker when I watched Pitt. 

    Im with others here on Alim McNeil NC St.  big time athlete with size. 

    either of these two would do as well: 

    Milton Williams La Tech. PFF loves him.

    Marvin Wilson FSU.  Highly recruited developed later in his career 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Milton Williams La Tech. PFF loves him..

    Nfl radio had this stud on yesterday.. Very impressed with his interview... has strong as a Ox ? explosion numbers, that had a role at DE and or 3 tech DT at L-Tech.. I hear a stronger Ogunjobi in interview ?.. but can't find anything better than UAB game-tape though... got on my game-tape list as of yesterday.. still effort'ing game comp...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

  • Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tiamat63 said:

    Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    Both have gotten “better” with age...rare indeed. 

  • With 2 picks in each of the 3rd & 4th rounds, I'd expect moving up in rounds 2 and/or 3.  Of course, there's nothing in the laws of physics that says they can't package up those 3rds &/or 4ths to move up in round 1 either...but as has been said elsewhere, we're not gonna draft 9 guys.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @orion said:

    With 2 picks in each of the 3rd & 4th rounds, I'd expect moving up in rounds 2 and/or 3.  Of course, there's nothing in the laws of physics that says they can't package up those 3rds &/or 4ths to move up in round 1 either...but as has been said elsewhere, we're not gonna draft 9 guys.  

    Agree on <9 being drafted this year. Also see securing one or two 2022 picks in the trades.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

    He does deem to be a ZBS OT.

    @calfoxwc said:

    There is a few more names that I think would fit - Patrick Surtain....

    Problem is Sutain is in the discussion for being the first CB taken.

  • Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tiamat63 said:

    Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    Better case:   Both of them AND  the Browns winning mulitple Super Bowls. 

  • @orion said:

    With 2 picks in each of the 3rd & 4th rounds, I'd expect moving up in rounds 2 and/or 3.  Of course, there's nothing in the laws of physics that says they can't package up those 3rds &/or 4ths to move up in round 1 either...but as has been said elsewhere, we're not gonna draft 9 guys.  

    Agree on <9 being drafted this year. Also see securing one or two 2022 picks in the trades.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Love the Walker Little pick.  He’s an ideal fit for our scheme. 

    He does deem to be a ZBS OT.

    @calfoxwc said:

    There is a few more names that I think would fit - Patrick Surtain....

    Problem is Sutain is in the discussion for being the first CB taken.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tour2ma said:

    Problem is Sutain is in the discussion for being the first CB taken.

    More than one person has said he's the best in the draft and likely top 10 overall even with so many QBs going early.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Problem is Sutain is in the discussion for being the first CB taken.

    More than one person has said he's the best in the draft and likely top 10 overall even with so many QBs going early.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    More than one person has said he's the best in the draft and likely top 10 overall even with so many QBs going early.

    He shouldn’t even be a thought unless you want to trade up in the top 10.

    Jaycee Horn too he’s probably a trade up to Top 15

  • @texasag1969 said:

    More than one person has said he's the best in the draft and likely top 10 overall even with so many QBs going early.

    He shouldn’t even be a thought unless you want to trade up in the top 10.

    Jaycee Horn too he’s probably a trade up to Top 15

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @sdbacker80 said:

    He shouldn’t even be a thought unless you want to trade up in the top 10.

    Jaycee Horn too he’s probably a trade up to Top 15

    It's going to be interesting to see if we actually go BPA @#26 regardless of the side of the ball the player is on. Could actually be a WR. Ya never know.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    He shouldn’t even be a thought unless you want to trade up in the top 10.

    Jaycee Horn too he’s probably a trade up to Top 15

    It's going to be interesting to see if we actually go BPA @#26 regardless of the side of the ball the player is on. Could actually be a WR. Ya never know.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    It's going to be interesting to see if we actually go BPA @#26 regardless of the side of the ball the player is on. Could actually be a WR. Ya never know.

    I’d take it a step further I’d probably move up to the high teens to take one of the following (unlikely) if they were to fall:

    Smith, Chase, Waddle or Horn, Surtain.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It's going to be interesting to see if we actually go BPA @#26 regardless of the side of the ball the player is on. Could actually be a WR. Ya never know.

    I’d take it a step further I’d probably move up to the high teens to take one of the following (unlikely) if they were to fall:

    Smith, Chase, Waddle or Horn, Surtain.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’d take it a step further I’d probably move up to the high teens to take one of the following (unlikely) if they were to fall:

    Smith, Chase, Waddle or Horn, Surtain.

    All top 15 in the draft, but it's a good idea.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’d take it a step further I’d probably move up to the high teens to take one of the following (unlikely) if they were to fall:

    Smith, Chase, Waddle or Horn, Surtain.

    All top 15 in the draft, but it's a good idea.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @texasag1969 said:

    All top 15 in the draft, but it's a good idea.

    Yeah I agree but there is always a surprise or two or three. 

    I think anyone in that list is worthy enough to have us go to 19 and surrender a 3rd and 4th to do so. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    All top 15 in the draft, but it's a good idea.

    Yeah I agree but there is always a surprise or two or three. 

    I think anyone in that list is worthy enough to have us go to 19 and surrender a 3rd and 4th to do so. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Yeah I agree but there is always a surprise or two or three. 

    I think anyone in that list is worthy enough to have us go to 19 and surrender a 3rd and 4th to do so. 

    Yep, time to get out those old trade-off charts.

  • Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tiamat63 said:

    Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    Didnt Salma Hayek give her ex throat cancer from HPV? That seems like worst case scenario to me

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Best case scenario?

    Kate Beckinsale AND Salma Hayeck.

    Didnt Salma Hayek give her ex throat cancer from HPV? That seems like worst case scenario to me

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Didnt Salma Hayek give her ex throat cancer from HPV? That seems like worst case scenario to me

    You don't see me just chiming in and fucking with your dreams, now do you!?