Skip to content

Go Big Or Go Home?

The Browns Board
64 15 2.4k
  • Sitting at #26 in the first round this year, the Browns are in the strange (for them) position of having to sit and wait for the first round to play out.

    But is there anyone in this draft that you - if you were in Andrew Berry's shoes - would trade up high enough for that would cost the Browns first rounder next year? 

    Who is the guy in this draft that would make you push all your chips to the center of the table and go all in for? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sitting at #26 in the first round this year, the Browns are in the strange (for them) position of having to sit and wait for the first round to play out.

    But is there anyone in this draft that you - if you were in Andrew Berry's shoes - would trade up high enough for that would cost the Browns first rounder next year? 

    Who is the guy in this draft that would make you push all your chips to the center of the table and go all in for? 

    Nope. Either stand or trade back 

  • If one of our wish list sliders DID fall in round 1, I wouldn't want to spend more than our two 4th round picks (plus #26) would move us....and that's pick 20 or 21 (Chicago or Indy, currently).  I think we'd be more apt to move up in round 2.

  • I'm not really surprised by the lack of willingness to go balls to wall for anyone in this draft. 

    It's not a bad draft, but it really doesn't have that many "holy shit, this guy is going to be a stud" guys in it either. 

    More like, "I like this guy, but it might be better value to just sit and take this other guy" type of draft. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    More like, "I like this guy, but it might be better value to just sit and take this other guy" type of draft. 

    Good Topic !

    Paye or Phillips gone.. vs R-seau or Ojurari, Tryon, Oweh

    Surtain or Horn gone.. vs Farley or Newsome 

    Parsons gone vs.  JOK or Z.Collins or J.Davis

    Miscellaneous pile of Bateman, Marshall jr., Toney, Moehrig, and a Bama-Barmore  

    I may squirm a little (if/once?) one of Paye/Parsons/Horn/Surtain might slip past pick 12... but I might* get over it ? ? agree... Am not giving next years 1st unless the card name reads Kyle Pitts... and I can't see Stef pounding the table that hard... have ya seen Kyle Pitts ever block? (know when to hold them.know when to fold them.. : ) 

  • I think you will see a really good run on QBs, Pass catchers and blockers pushing defenders down the list.  At this point I’m more in the camp of moving a 3rd and/or 4th to get into 2nd and take a prospect that may have a first round grade for us.   I think Having three picks in the 26-60 range is ideal.  Adding depth and significant rotational pieces for this season and in 2022 where they will need to take over as starters.


    If I’m going to talk out of the other side of my mouth...you could argue that there is maybe a small handful of teams (5-6) that are one unique talent away from setting themselves apart from everyone else.  Believe it we are there.

    Going for it this year is grabbing Kyle Pitts and giving up some draft capital and the #32 overall pick next year.  Yes- Ballsy.  And He’d be the OBJ insurance for 2022.  I’m not asking him to block DE or OLB (we have that Personnel)...just run by them and the SS and the DB and score TDs on the way to 41-28 type wins let the AFC adjust to the Browns 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Sitting at #26 in the first round this year, the Browns are in the strange (for them) position of having to sit and wait for the first round to play out.

    But is there anyone in this draft that you - if you were in Andrew Berry's shoes - would trade up high enough for that would cost the Browns first rounder next year? 

    Who is the guy in this draft that would make you push all your chips to the center of the table and go all in for? 

    Four weeks ago I mentioned the crazy idea of moving up for Kyle Pitts.

    He might be the weapon to take the team over the top...mismatch red zone threat that would get plenty of single coverage with everything around him.  

    After a move like that and Baker being 2020 Baker and good fortunate (injury free to key players)...why not us?

    so you give up the #32 overall pick next season.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Four weeks ago I mentioned the crazy idea of moving up for Kyle Pitts.

    He might be the weapon to take the team over the top...mismatch red zone threat that would get plenty of single coverage with everything around him.  

    After a move like that and Baker being 2020 Baker and good fortunate (injury free to key players)...why not us?

    so you give up the #32 overall pick next season.

    Kind of strange talking about moving up in the Draft after all of those dreary years of being a top 10 or even being on the clock all off season.

    And to be hosting the Draft to boot.  Moving up would put a little excitement into the home crowd and we'll find out starting this Thursday....... can't believe it's finally here.

    Screenshot_2021-04-25_092916.jpg

  • If Jaycee Horn gets past Arizona at 16 I would consider moving up to grab him ....reluctant to use a future 1 tho

  • This draft will be fun for us since so many go before we pick. We can groan and moan all the way along until we see whether we cheer hard or go "WTF was that!!??"??

  • I think you will see a really good run on QBs, Pass catchers and blockers pushing defenders down the list.  At this point I’m more in the camp of moving a 3rd and/or 4th to get into 2nd and take a prospect that may have a first round grade for us.   I think Having three picks in the 26-60 range is ideal.  Adding depth and significant rotational pieces for this season and in 2022 where they will need to take over as starters.


    If I’m going to talk out of the other side of my mouth...you could argue that there is maybe a small handful of teams (5-6) that are one unique talent away from setting themselves apart from everyone else.  Believe it we are there.

    Going for it this year is grabbing Kyle Pitts and giving up some draft capital and the #32 overall pick next year.  Yes- Ballsy.  And He’d be the OBJ insurance for 2022.  I’m not asking him to block DE or OLB (we have that Personnel)...just run by them and the SS and the DB and score TDs on the way to 41-28 type wins let the AFC adjust to the Browns 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Going for it this year is grabbing Kyle Pitts and giving up some draft capital and the #32 overall pick next year.  Yes- Ballsy.  And He’d be the OBJ insurance for 2022.  I’m not asking him to block DE or OLB (we have that Personnel)...j

    But that always tells me (and the defense) that it's a pass play when he's in the game.  Steph likes his guys to block for his run game.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Four weeks ago I mentioned the crazy idea of moving up for Kyle Pitts.

    He might be the weapon to take the team over the top...mismatch red zone threat that would get plenty of single coverage with everything around him.  

    After a move like that and Baker being 2020 Baker and good fortunate (injury free to key players)...why not us?

    so you give up the #32 overall pick next season.

    I honestly don't think our #1 this year & again next year would be enough to get him.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I honestly don't think our #1 this year & again next year would be enough to get him (talking about Kyle Pitts).

    Mike

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hypothetically, lets say it is enough.

    Would you pull the trigger? SDBacker makes a good point - this isn't a top 5 or 10 overall pick we are talking about. 

    Given where our picks are (and should be), there's a good chance I would, but I'm no GM.  I'll trust HIS decision.

    Mike

  • Anyone got any idea what is happening, tweeted 30 minutes ago ...Sheldon Richardson coming back, Gilmore trade ?

     

     
     
    ·
    27m
    L.A.@LA_Broadus
    We got something brewing in Cleveland huh???
     
     
    We got something brewing in Cleveland huh???
  • @canton-mike said:

    I honestly don't think our #1 this year & again next year would be enough to get him (talking about Kyle Pitts).

    Mike

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hypothetically, lets say it is enough.

    Would you pull the trigger? SDBacker makes a good point - this isn't a top 5 or 10 overall pick we are talking about. 

    Given where our picks are (and should be), there's a good chance I would, but I'm no GM.  I'll trust HIS decision.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Given where our picks are (and should be), there's a good chance I would, but I'm no GM.  I'll trust HIS decision.

    Mike

    Are you telling me you are not the General Manager of the Cleveland Browns? 

    No way! ?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Going for it this year is grabbing Kyle Pitts and giving up some draft capital and the #32 overall pick next year.  Yes- Ballsy.  And He’d be the OBJ insurance for 2022.  I’m not asking him to block DE or OLB (we have that Personnel)...j

    But that always tells me (and the defense) that it's a pass play when he's in the game.  Steph likes his guys to block for his run game.

    @orion said:

    But that always tells me (and the defense) that it's a pass play when he's in the game.  Steph likes his guys to block for his run game.

    That’s fine too And you put the defense in a bind when you have a physical specimen with pass catching skills running a 4.4 40 in tight or split out.  

  • @orion said:

    But that always tells me (and the defense) that it's a pass play when he's in the game.  Steph likes his guys to block for his run game.

    That’s fine too And you put the defense in a bind when you have a physical specimen with pass catching skills running a 4.4 40 in tight or split out.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    That’s fine too And you put the defense in a bind when you have a physical specimen with pass catching skills running a 4.4 40 in tight or split out.  

    Having a TE with those athletic skills could make it difficult for opposing defenses to crowd the Browns at the LOS like Kansas City did in the Divisional Playoff game.

  • Anyone got any idea what is happening, tweeted 30 minutes ago ...Sheldon Richardson coming back, Gilmore trade ?

     

     
     
    ·
    27m
    L.A.@LA_Broadus
    We got something brewing in Cleveland huh???
     
     
    We got something brewing in Cleveland huh???

    @darren15 said:

    Anyone got any idea what is happening, tweeted 30 minutes ago ...Sheldon Richardson coming back, Gilmore trade ?

     

     
     
    ·
    27m
     
     
    We got something brewing in Cleveland huh???

    Not seeing anything on new wires. 

  • I don't know that I would trade up for any non QB.  The pick you give and the player you would have taken are probably better than the value in the player you get in the trade.

  • Not that it matters ?... But I've sat thru many draft sims, Keeping pick #26..

    than trading up (per draft value charts) in 2nd, 3rd & 4th... moving ahead of the Steelers & or Ravens...all but for pick 3.91... we'd get 5 quality picks in the top 127... All 5th thru 7th round picks were traded..

  • Not that it matters ?... But I've sat thru many draft sims, Keeping pick #26..

    than trading up (per draft value charts) in 2nd, 3rd & 4th... moving ahead of the Steelers & or Ravens...all but for pick 3.91... we'd get 5 quality picks in the top 127... All 5th thru 7th round picks were traded..

    @gumby73 said:

    Not that it matters ?... But I've sat thru many draft sims, Keeping pick #26..

    than trading up (per draft value charts) in 2nd, 3rd & 4th... moving ahead of the Steelers & or Ravens...all but for pick 3.91... we'd get 5 quality picks in the top 127... All 5th thru 7th round picks were traded..

    ...makes good sense to me.  Then you go ahead and sign the guys that didn't get drafted in the 7th round.....and they're more or less equivalent to 6th & 7th round picks.

  • I will add to my above comment.  That was more in terms of say a first rounder. I can see trading up when you have multiple picks in a round to move in to a better round...say trade both of our 4th rounders to make it a 3rd round pick.  Then it can make some sense.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Sitting at #26 in the first round this year, the Browns are in the strange (for them) position of having to sit and wait for the first round to play out.

    But is there anyone in this draft that you - if you were in Andrew Berry's shoes - would trade up high enough for that would cost the Browns first rounder next year? 

    Who is the guy in this draft that would make you push all your chips to the center of the table and go all in for? 

    Four weeks ago I mentioned the crazy idea of moving up for Kyle Pitts.

    He might be the weapon to take the team over the top...mismatch red zone threat that would get plenty of single coverage with everything around him.  

    After a move like that and Baker being 2020 Baker and good fortunate (injury free to key players)...why not us?

    so you give up the #32 overall pick next season.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Four weeks ago I mentioned the crazy idea of moving up for Kyle Pitts. He might be the weapon to take the team over the top...mismatch red zone threat that would get plenty of single coverage with everything around him. 

    Pitts is top of the non-QB list and one of two I'd consider. The other is Parsons.

    Problem is Pitts is a top 6 pick and our 2021 + 2022 1sts won't get you there.

    Parsons? Top 10-ish and the combo gets you very, very close to a deal. That said... there are some very nice, LB consolation prizes both at #26 and on Day 2.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    1. I think you will see a really good run on QBs, Pass catchers and blockers pushing defenders down the list.  At this point I’m more in the camp of moving a 3rd and/or 4th to get into 2nd and take a prospect that may have a first round grade for us.   I think Having three picks in the 26-60 range is ideal.  Adding depth and significant rotational pieces for this season and in 2022 where they will need to take over as starters.
    2. If I’m going to talk out of the other side of my mouth...you could argue that there is maybe a small handful of teams (5-6) that are one unique talent away from setting themselves apart from everyone else.  Believe it we are there.
    1. Agree on your intent, but you can't get a 2nd-round pick for a 3rd + 4th.
    2. We are getting close to there on paper, but my belief needs to see it on the field.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Having a TE with those athletic skills could make it difficult for opposing defenses to crowd the Browns at the LOS like Kansas City did in the Divisional Playoff game.

    Any coach who uses Pitts as a TE should be immediately fired.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Four weeks ago I mentioned the crazy idea of moving up for Kyle Pitts. He might be the weapon to take the team over the top...mismatch red zone threat that would get plenty of single coverage with everything around him. 

    Pitts is top of the non-QB list and one of two I'd consider. The other is Parsons.

    Problem is Pitts is a top 6 pick and our 2021 + 2022 1sts won't get you there.

    Parsons? Top 10-ish and the combo gets you very, very close to a deal. That said... there are some very nice, LB consolation prizes both at #26 and on Day 2.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    1. I think you will see a really good run on QBs, Pass catchers and blockers pushing defenders down the list.  At this point I’m more in the camp of moving a 3rd and/or 4th to get into 2nd and take a prospect that may have a first round grade for us.   I think Having three picks in the 26-60 range is ideal.  Adding depth and significant rotational pieces for this season and in 2022 where they will need to take over as starters.
    2. If I’m going to talk out of the other side of my mouth...you could argue that there is maybe a small handful of teams (5-6) that are one unique talent away from setting themselves apart from everyone else.  Believe it we are there.
    1. Agree on your intent, but you can't get a 2nd-round pick for a 3rd + 4th.
    2. We are getting close to there on paper, but my belief needs to see it on the field.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Having a TE with those athletic skills could make it difficult for opposing defenses to crowd the Browns at the LOS like Kansas City did in the Divisional Playoff game.

    Any coach who uses Pitts as a TE should be immediately fired.

    @tour2ma said:

    Pitts is top of the non-QB list and one of two I'd consider. The other is Parsons.

    Problem is Pitts is a top 6 pick and our 2021 + 2022 1sts won't get you there.

    Parsons? Top 10-ish and the combo gets you very, very close to a deal. That said... there are some very nice, LB consolation prizes both at #26 and on Day 2.

    1. Agree on your intent, but you can't get a 2nd-round pick for a 3rd + 4th.
    2. We are getting close to there on paper, but my belief needs to see it on the field.

    Any coach who uses Pitts as a TE should be immediately fired.

    I don't know.  You can use him as a TE even though he would play more like a slot or wide out.  The people who should be fired are the goofy fans who are worried about his ability to block.