Skip to content

CUTS

The Browns Board
84 20 6.3k
  • San Francisco Eric Green CB Signed - One-year contract ...chalk EG off the list

  • Just saw Miami's third/fourth string running back...Lex Hilliard...second year from Wyoming...the real deal...I hope he gets cut by miami...5'11 240, great pass catcher and fearless runner, hits hole quick.

    @solon16 said:

    Just saw Miami's third/fourth string running back...Lex Hilliard...second year from Wyoming...the real deal...I hope he gets cut by miami...5'11 240, great pass catcher and fearless runner, hits hole quick.

    I watched that game, too. He looked good and with a lof of effort...that leap over the defender was impressive.

  • I read on a stats website once that its easier to throw at Jason David than it is to throw into a hole in zone coverage. Literally. I'll pass.

  • Just saw Miami's third/fourth string running back...Lex Hilliard...second year from Wyoming...the real deal...I hope he gets cut by miami...5'11 240, great pass catcher and fearless runner, hits hole quick.

    @solon16 said:

    Just saw Miami's third/fourth string running back...Lex Hilliard...second year from Wyoming...the real deal...I hope he gets cut by miami...5'11 240, great pass catcher and fearless runner, hits hole quick.

    For both good and bad, Hilliard reminded me of those Rashad Jennings highlight reels Playground kept on posting: great size, nice burst, good as a receiver. But not much real "power back" stuff in between the tackles.

    I haven't seen enough of Hilliard to know whether that's indicative of his overall game, but it's something to take note of. Anyway, I doubt the Dolphins will release him.

    One guy I'd look at is Gary Russell. He's currently with the Raiders, but he used to be the Steelers' short-yardage back. He's had some character issues in the past, so I'm not sure Mangini would be interested, but I'd certainly take a look if/when he gets cut.

    Also, Marlon Lucky, a guy many on this board liked, ended up getting cut by the Bungles. Early reports from OTA's were very positive, so I'm not sure what happened there. He may have just fallen behind backups Brian Leonard (who can also play FB) and 6th rounder Bernard Scott, who's really impressed. I think his upside as a 3rd down back would warrant giving him a look, especially since Jerome Harrison's a free agent after this season. Might be worth bringing him in now and stashing him on the p-squad.

  • Seahawks sign Edge, cut T.J. Duckett.

  • Oakland Ricky Manning Jr. CB Cut

    He's better than abdullah or sorenson

  • No way to edge....really? no chance at all?

    @solon16 said:

    No way to edge....really? no chance at all?

    None, he's done.

  • @solon16 said:

    No way to edge....really? no chance at all?

    None, he's done.

    @thaak said:

    None, he's done.

    We shall see...seahawks signed himyesterday and cut Duckett

  • Oakland Ricky Manning Jr. CB Cut

    He's better than abdullah or sorenson

    @solon16 said:

    Oakland Ricky Manning Jr. CB Cut

    He's better than abdullah or sorenson

    Might be time to get Manning....Pool ANOTHER concussion? Damn he gets cuncussed every fourth game....

  • @solon16 said:

    Oakland Ricky Manning Jr. CB Cut

    He's better than abdullah or sorenson

    Might be time to get Manning....Pool ANOTHER concussion? Damn he gets cuncussed every fourth game....

    @solon16 said:

    Might be time to get Manning....Pool ANOTHER concussion? Damn he gets cuncussed every fourth game....

    That's because the only way he knows how to tackle is to spear them with his helmet. Almost all of his concussions were self-inflicted. Until he learns to wrap-up and tackle somebody with is body, then he's going to be a constant injury liability.

  • New England Tank Williams S Cut

  • New England Tank Williams S Cut

    @solon16 said:

    New England Tank Williams S Cut

    Don't know where he is at in his NFL career, but we do need help at Safety. I sure do like the idea of putting Furrey back there in certain schemes and dimes situations. He did well in that capacity for the Rams.

  • Tank Williams is more of a S/LB tweener. The Pats signed him last year to work as a nickel linebacker and special teams guy, but he went on IR with a knee injury.

    I noticed that Pat Chung played a similar role in the Pats' second preseason game. He looked good in that role (though he struggled in other areas). That could be why Williams was cut.

  • Just caught the SF game vs Oak....

    SF cant keep won't keep 4 Rb's that means one of these two will be cut...Michael Robinson(former QB from PSU) or Kory sheets...I truly hope sheets gets cut....he was absolutely great in the game and at Purdue... and I want him on the Browns. Hope he's on the Browns and pray we snap him up if waived

  • Yeah, Sheets looked good in that game, as he has all preseason. But he's not the Mangini type: the coaching staff at Purdue prohibited him from speaking to the media after he publicly trashed the team's starting QB.

    I bet they hold on to all of their RB's. Michael Robinson's versatility makes it easier to keep four on the roster.

  • Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

  • You're right. If you'd asked me before the draft, I would have predicted that Coye Francies had been taken off the Browns' draft board.

    But Sheets definitely doesn't fit what we've been led to believe Mangini's looking for.

  • Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

    @solon16 said:

    Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

    later chief.....

    fickle fans are funneh! 😆

  • Not the Browns bandwagon d-bag...the mangini wagon.. Just like you... This thread is about guys I'd like to bring in, guys you'd like to bring it ...you go and same some dum shit like that...fickle fans my ass Been a fan for 35 years...you aren't even that old Punk.

  • Seattle T.J. Duckett RB Cut ....not a huge fan but he doesn't tippy toe!