Skip to content

CUTS

The Browns Board
84 20 6.3k
  • @solon16 said:

    Oakland Ricky Manning Jr. CB Cut

    He's better than abdullah or sorenson

    Might be time to get Manning....Pool ANOTHER concussion? Damn he gets cuncussed every fourth game....

    @solon16 said:

    Might be time to get Manning....Pool ANOTHER concussion? Damn he gets cuncussed every fourth game....

    That's because the only way he knows how to tackle is to spear them with his helmet. Almost all of his concussions were self-inflicted. Until he learns to wrap-up and tackle somebody with is body, then he's going to be a constant injury liability.

  • New England Tank Williams S Cut

  • New England Tank Williams S Cut

    @solon16 said:

    New England Tank Williams S Cut

    Don't know where he is at in his NFL career, but we do need help at Safety. I sure do like the idea of putting Furrey back there in certain schemes and dimes situations. He did well in that capacity for the Rams.

  • Tank Williams is more of a S/LB tweener. The Pats signed him last year to work as a nickel linebacker and special teams guy, but he went on IR with a knee injury.

    I noticed that Pat Chung played a similar role in the Pats' second preseason game. He looked good in that role (though he struggled in other areas). That could be why Williams was cut.

  • Just caught the SF game vs Oak....

    SF cant keep won't keep 4 Rb's that means one of these two will be cut...Michael Robinson(former QB from PSU) or Kory sheets...I truly hope sheets gets cut....he was absolutely great in the game and at Purdue... and I want him on the Browns. Hope he's on the Browns and pray we snap him up if waived

  • Yeah, Sheets looked good in that game, as he has all preseason. But he's not the Mangini type: the coaching staff at Purdue prohibited him from speaking to the media after he publicly trashed the team's starting QB.

    I bet they hold on to all of their RB's. Michael Robinson's versatility makes it easier to keep four on the roster.

  • Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

  • You're right. If you'd asked me before the draft, I would have predicted that Coye Francies had been taken off the Browns' draft board.

    But Sheets definitely doesn't fit what we've been led to believe Mangini's looking for.

  • Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

    @solon16 said:

    Sheets looked great...I don't know how you can keep telling me what guys Mangini or Kokinis would take...just don't know you'd know this....If sheets is available and we don't get him....I'll start to take one foot off the bandwagon...

    later chief.....

    fickle fans are funneh! 😆

  • Not the Browns bandwagon d-bag...the mangini wagon.. Just like you... This thread is about guys I'd like to bring in, guys you'd like to bring it ...you go and same some dum shit like that...fickle fans my ass Been a fan for 35 years...you aren't even that old Punk.

  • Seattle T.J. Duckett RB Cut ....not a huge fan but he doesn't tippy toe!

  • TheJokersWILD said:

    Jason David got constantly burned in NO and we have interesting prospects like Coye Francies and Brett Lockett, we don't need David. Coye Francies makes the roster no questions asked and Lockett (IMO) makes the roster too. IMO when it's all said and done the depth chart will have Wright,McDonald,Francies,Lockett and Hood. Things are going to get very interesting in the secondary, if Francies keeps up his level of play, him and Hood could be fighting for B-Macs spot as a starter.

    I couldnt agree more david is to worn and we have francies who is a serious prospect,wright and mickeyD are developing very well and hood adds a veteran touch and can still play....😉

  • No way Miami cuts Hilliard just like Washington will not cut Alridge who is a smallish back but man was he impressive vs. the Pats.

    Re: Jason "Toast" David. NO!

  • napolean Harris cut....not a huge fan but decent MLB

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Safety, DE and OLB are of need... I like Mike Brown, everyone thinks hes too old but the leadership he could provide for Elam and Adams that he would bring would benefit and he might be a good stop gap for the year till we can draft someone next year. Since no ones expecting much out of us, maybe this is a good year to evaluate what weve got and plan for next year. Picking up any of the vet safeties wouldnt hurt our cause.

    Problem with Mike Brown is he's only healthy for about 5 games each year.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Safety, DE and OLB are of need... I like Mike Brown, everyone thinks hes too old but the leadership he could provide for Elam and Adams that he would bring would benefit and he might be a good stop gap for the year till we can draft someone next year. Since no ones expecting much out of us, maybe this is a good year to evaluate what weve got and plan for next year. Picking up any of the vet safeties wouldnt hurt our cause.

    Problem with Mike Brown is he's only healthy for about 5 games each year.

    Masters said:

    Problem with Mike Brown is he's only healthy for about 5 games each year.

    Maybe... but he's head and shoulders better than Hamza,Sorenson duo...safeties a huge hole on our D

  • Masters said:

    Problem with Mike Brown is he's only healthy for about 5 games each year.

    Maybe... but he's head and shoulders better than Hamza,Sorenson duo...safeties a huge hole on our D

    @solon16 said:

    Maybe... but he's head and shoulders better than Hamza,Sorenson duo...safeties a huge hole on our D

    True, but that is again when he is healthy. If CLE is plugging a hole, I'd like to at least think it will be with a plug that could hold up all season, not just for 6~8 weeks.

    Anyway, Brown is on KC's roster.

  • @solon16 said:

    Maybe... but he's head and shoulders better than Hamza,Sorenson duo...safeties a huge hole on our D

    True, but that is again when he is healthy. If CLE is plugging a hole, I'd like to at least think it will be with a plug that could hold up all season, not just for 6~8 weeks.

    Anyway, Brown is on KC's roster.

    Masters said:

    True, but that is again when he is healthy. If CLE is plugging a hole, I'd like to at least think it will be with a plug that could hold up all season, not just for 6~8 weeks.

    Anyway, Brown is on KC's roster.

    Alo pointed out awhile back that Brown has really lost a couple steps.

    I think we need to stay away from that type of player at this point, but I certainly am not against upgrading the roster if possible. Safety is definitely weak, there is no doubt.

    We need to hope we can eek through this season without getting hit by injuries too hard there.

  • Jacksonville Don Carey CB Placed On IR - shoulder

  • Tues ...tomorrow will be interesting