Skip to content

CUTS

The Browns Board
84 20 6.3k
  • I don't see either being cut but if shawn crable or jameel mclain is availabe we better do whatever we cab to get them. Mcclain in particular reeks havoc ib the backfield. Crable will be a project but he has a huge ceiling. Sadly I don't see any OTs, safties, or rbs gettibg cut that will be worth bringing in.

  • I don't see either being cut but if shawn crable or jameel mclain is availabe we better do whatever we cab to get them. Mcclain in particular reeks havoc ib the backfield. Crable will be a project but he has a huge ceiling. Sadly I don't see any OTs, safties, or rbs gettibg cut that will be worth bringing in.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I don't see either being cut but if shawn crable or jameel mclain is availabe we better do whatever we cab to get them. Mcclain in particular reeks havoc ib the backfield. Crable will be a project but he has a huge ceiling. Sadly I don't see any OTs, safties, or rbs gettibg cut that will be worth bringing in.

    I saw some of Crable this preseason - he really seemed to struggle playing in space. Not sure why: either he's still struggling with the shin injury that put him on IR last year or he's just not fluid enough to be a full-time linebacker. Still, he may be worth a look.

    I'll take McClain. But like you said, the Ravens aren't going to cut him.

  • Tampa Bay Sean Mahan G Cut

  • We need a backup tackle now that we dont have Tucker healthy and we cut Foster.

    Also TJ Duckett might be better than Jamal

  • Duckett is a journeyman that is pretty much done. I'd rather risk the extra roster spot on a UDFA or a someones scraps before we bring him.in.

    Also someone said something about micheal robinson. He will be the odd man out in SF unless they keep him to run the WildDawg. I'd figure arnaz battle would have that role. Anyways micheal robinson has the worst vision in the nfl. He runs hard but not very smart. He likes to run like bettis but big enough.

  • NFL.com's Jason La Canfora is hearing that Jaguars OL Tony Pashos might get cut:

    Jason La Canfora said:

    Tony Pashos has starting tackle experience, but he has been moved inside by the Jaguars. He is set to make $4.3 million this season, and for a team that doesn’t have a big budget and is looking at blackouts, that could be an issue. A team like the Seahawks might end up making sense for Pashos via trade or if he is released, given Seattle’s offensive line woes.

    According to former Browns/Ravens scout Daniel Jeremiah, the Browns are a likely suitor:

    Daniel Jeremiah said:

    If JAX cuts RT Tony Pashos, I can almost guarantee the Browns sign him. Kokinis loved him in BLT. Both Greek by the way...
  • NFL.com's Jason La Canfora is hearing that Jaguars OL Tony Pashos might get cut:

    Jason La Canfora said:

    Tony Pashos has starting tackle experience, but he has been moved inside by the Jaguars. He is set to make $4.3 million this season, and for a team that doesn’t have a big budget and is looking at blackouts, that could be an issue. A team like the Seahawks might end up making sense for Pashos via trade or if he is released, given Seattle’s offensive line woes.

    According to former Browns/Ravens scout Daniel Jeremiah, the Browns are a likely suitor:

    Daniel Jeremiah said:

    If JAX cuts RT Tony Pashos, I can almost guarantee the Browns sign him. Kokinis loved him in BLT. Both Greek by the way...

    Aloysius said:

    NFL.com's Jason La Canfora is hearing that Jaguars OL Tony Pashos might get cut:

    According to former Browns/Ravens scout Daniel Jeremiah, the Browns are a likely suitor:

    He'll have plenty of suitors and we don't have the space, IMO. He'd cost too much and I am not sure he is the real deal for long term. But then again, down the road we might wish we had him. Still, I don't want to grasp and overpay.

  • It'll be interesting to see who NE keeps at TE...on the bubble alex smith(formerly with TB) and ben watson...also benjarvis green-ellis might get cut as well

  • It'll be interesting to see who NE keeps at TE...on the bubble alex smith(formerly with TB) and ben watson...also benjarvis green-ellis might get cut as well

    @solon16 said:

    It'll be interesting to see who NE keeps at TE...on the bubble alex smith(formerly with TB) and ben watson...also benjarvis green-ellis might get cut as well

    TE David Thomas was always a favorite of mine in college. Great hands. 10 catches in the BCS Championship vs. USC.

    I'd also wouldn't be surprised to see them show interest in Danny Woodhead if the Jets release him. He was a Mangini find in NY. After the 158 yards last night (albeit against third stringers)...it might make the RB position a bit interesting. I'm not sure how that would work since it's already crowded back there but it's a thought.

    OG Billy Yates? Cut today by NE.

  • BenJarvus Green-Ellis's stat line from last night:29 carries, 125 yards, 3 TD's; 4 receptions, 22 yardsI doubt he gets cut.

  • Former OSU linebacker Marcus Freeman got cut. He's not a great fit for us, but it's interesting that the Bears let him go.

  • Steelers' cuts:

    • - center
    A.Q. Shipley

    - d-lineman Sonny Harris (I like his upside)

    - linebacker Bruce Davis ('08 3rd round pick, didn't transition well to OLB)

    - cornerback Anthony Madison

    - RB-FB Carey Davis (can serve as a short-yardage back)

    - RB Isaac Redman (physical back, but lacks long speed)

  • Wouldnt mind Leonard Pope or Trevor Canfield that the Cards just released, maybe Victor Hobson too...

  • I'd like to get Pope and Bruce Davis.... Aloy...they got maroney, taylor , faulk, morris ...they gonna keep 5 rb's?

  • Hobson was cut, so was fransisco(s) spot starter last year for AZ...

    Arizona Oliver Ross T Cut (not a bad RT)

    Kansas City Damion McIntosh T Cut

    Kansas City Travis Daniels CB Cut

    Also Melvin Fowler cut yet again...Where's rich when you need to beat him up!!!

  • I'd like to get Pope and Bruce Davis.... Aloy...they got maroney, taylor , faulk, morris ...they gonna keep 5 rb's?

    @shepwrite said:

    Put Bruce Davis on the I Don't Know Shit About Shit side of my ledger. I really wanted him.

    Don't worry. It happens to the draft-geekiest of us. Hell, I used to be a big D.J. Shockley fan.

    @solon16 said:

    Aloy...they got maroney, taylor , faulk, morris ...they gonna keep 5 rb's?

    Mike Reiss is projecting them to keep five. But if one is cut, I'd expect it to be Morris: he makes twice as much and is eight years older.

  • I'd be happy to have Morris 4 a year. then draft Kendall hunter next....")

  • Bobby Carpenter on the bubble here in Tx...thoughts? Also for those that don't get to see the Texans...connor Barwin has looked great in pre-season

  • Colts cut DE Marcus Howard. Probably not a good scheme fit for us but is a freakish athlete (ran a 4.47 at the Combine).

    It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. I bet several special teams coaches are lobbying to bring him in.

  • Aloy...Bobby carpenter?