Skip to content

Rounds 2 & 3

The Browns Board
525 35 11.1k 1
  • @d-bone said:

    The real questions is...... Why do we call it a wood - when there's no wood? 

    https://golfcollege.edu/evolution-golf-club/

    "Since the inception of the game of golf, players have continually tried to improve upon their equipment. The earliest golf clubs were initially carved by the golfer themselves and typically out of wood. Golfers soon turned to skilled craftsmen to produce higher quality equipment."

    @texasag1969 said:

    https://golfcollege.edu/evolution-golf-club/

    "Since the inception of the game of golf, players have continually tried to improve upon their equipment. The earliest golf clubs were initially carved by the golfer themselves and typically out of wood. Golfers soon turned to skilled craftsmen to produce higher quality equipment."

    I am never giving up my mashie-niblick...

  • @orion said:

    Guys I like:  

    Terrace Marshall Jr.        WR         LSU        Junior    6'3"        200 lbs  SEC - West

    Azeez Ojulari      EDGE     Georgia RS Sophomore   6'3"        240 lbs  SEC - East

    Christian Barmore            IDL         Alabama              RS Sophomore   6'5"        310 lbs  SEC - West

    Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah         LB           Notre Dame        RS Junior             6'2"        216 lbs  FBS Independents

    Trevon Moehrig                S             TCU       Junior    6'1"        208 lbs  Big 12

    I think every one of those except Marshall will be gone in the 1st ten tonight. If we want one we will have to trade up.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think every one of those except Marshall will be gone in the 1st ten tonight. If we want one we will have to trade up.

    Agreed.  (I would think Marshall would be gone too)   And I don't think that our analytical lobe of the brain will allow us to trade up high enough in the round to get one.....but we still have 8 picks to package.

  • @nickers said:

    Naw... I'll let you enjoy your new injury riddled CB...

    Neat.  That new CB has fuck all to do with what Woods' philosophy and calls are before he got to Cleveland.   So I'm happily await your word on scheme sans Newsome II.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Neat.  That new CB has fuck all to do with what Woods' philosophy and calls are before he got to Cleveland.   So I'm happily await your word on scheme sans Newsome II.

    His scheme blows... Apparently Denver thinks so too...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.

    @brownsnmopar said:

    They will draft a CB in Rd1 If CB Greg Newsome II is there he is the pick..

    @canton-dawg said:

    ^^^^^ This.

    Congrats to our 4 winners...

    ... but now onto a more important tallying...

    @tour2ma said:

    Congrats to our 4 winners...

    ... but now onto a more important tallying...

    ? one from nine 

    I’ve given the one winning ticket to someone going up to track today to just put it on the favourite for the kentucky Derby for me. I don’t even know the horses name as it stands 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Congrats to our 4 winners...

    ... but now onto a more important tallying...

    ? one from nine 

    I’ve given the one winning ticket to someone going up to track today to just put it on the favourite for the kentucky Derby for me. I don’t even know the horses name as it stands 

    @londonbrown said:

    ? one from nine 

    I’ve given the one winning ticket to someone going up to track today to just put it on the favourite for the kentucky Derby for me. I don’t even know the horses name as it stands 

    I loved the #1 horse until I saw that post.

    8 is sleeper and at 15 to 1 odds.

    I haven’t studied the derby that much this year though 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Neat.  That new CB has fuck all to do with what Woods' philosophy and calls are before he got to Cleveland.   So I'm happily await your word on scheme sans Newsome II.

    His scheme blows... Apparently Denver thinks so too...

    @nickers said:

    His scheme blows... Apparently Denver thinks so too...

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that though.  In detail.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    AND you have time for Gipper to admit you were right about Fields! 

    THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER! 

    Apparently he does have time.....to the point of having been obsessed about it  for weeks  it seems. 

    And, in his words:   I Don't Give a Fuck.     (and I really don't....but he did)

    @the-gipper said:

    Apparently he does have time.....to the point of having been obsessed about it  for weeks  it seems. 

    And, in his words:   I Don't Give a Fuck.     (and I really don't....but he did)

    " You've shown no proof of that since his debacle v NU.  Only articles before that.  So fuck off until the draft or until we see further evidence of a slide should Justin play spotty against Clemson.  (Even then, the NU game will be enough)" 

    12/21/20

    I told you, we'd talk again after the draft.   I'm a man of my word.  

  • @nickers said:

    His scheme blows... Apparently Denver thinks so too...

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that though.  In detail.

    @tiamat63 said:

    This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    I'm going to predict nickers responds with something along the lines of "Figure it out for yourself" while possibly referring to you as "Mr. Know-It-All". 

  • so who would you move up for and at what cost ? are 2nd 3rd round pick to get into the top 7 ? myself I would love Moehrig,Koramoah,Barmore and Ojulari

  • after reading tex's post looks like a 3rd plus a 5th and 6th to move that far up So i would pull the trigger and do it

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Not a need but Creed Humphrey would be GREAT Tretter insurance when the time comes 

    I wonder if the Browns are banking on Nick Harris being Tretter's eventual replacement? 

    Yup.... 26 picks before ours tonite then another 31 until our first 3rd-rounder...

    ... but then only one more. 🙂

    @dutch-oven said:

    I wonder if the Browns are banking on Nick Harris being Tretter's eventual replacement? 

    What he's done in the weight room this off-season is the biggest factor here. Really need him stronger... especially core and legs. One thing going for him is example Tretter set.

    That said...

    As others have said the looming cap situation dictates an OL investment this draft and as I was "discussing" with Vag, if we want quality, Round 2 is the place to invest... especially for a ZBS scheme team.

    Suitable candidates with plug-n-play, 4-position potential plus ZBS fit who are still on the board include:

    • tu's Cosmi and
    • tsun's Mayfield and
    • that's it.

    I'm surprised Cosmi is still on the board, so I do not expect him to last long tonite, but Mayfield? There's a small chance he falls in our lap, but a modest trade up should net him. Mayfield in the bottom half of R2 has "STEAL" written all over him.

    If we are just interested in IOL...

    • tOSU's Davis and
    • tOSU's Myers are about it.

    Both are made for the ZBS and Davis is plug-n-play with the potential to immediately make our looming UFA RG tradeable... now or, if all goes well injury-wise, nearer the trade deadline when prices rise.

    Myers? He's plug-n-play-ish, especially at Center, but again by the time the trade deadline rolls around, then he could be established sufficiently to make Teller expendable.

    I know that IDL and Edge are seen by most as greater need, but with the former there look to be 3rd-round options (Barmore's fall has shown us the position's value in this class) and with the latter the R2 value is low after the late run last nite.

    I know... Ojulari is still there, but he's not a 4-3 fit... neither is Ossai... neither is FSU's Robinson. Bashum? Hate him (but not the name 😁 ) ... Roche? 3-4 OLB.

    While our 2nd is a bit rich to spend on Rashad Weaver, if you force me to go Edge in R2, he's my pick... but... I think we can nab him with a modest move up in R3.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    I'm going to predict nickers responds with something along the lines of "Figure it out for yourself" while possibly referring to you as "Mr. Know-It-All". 

    @dutch-oven said:

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    Save some time and list the periods when you have not felt "saucy"...

    ... or at least posted like you did. 😉

    @tiamat63 said:

    I told you, we'd talk again after the draft.   I'm a man of my word.   

    fad630cfcb68682fbb7e6fc5ab226e71.gif

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    I'm going to predict nickers responds with something along the lines of "Figure it out for yourself" while possibly referring to you as "Mr. Know-It-All". 

    @dutch-oven said:

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    I'm going to predict nickers responds with something along the lines of "Figure it out for yourself" while possibly referring to you as "Mr. Know-It-All". 

    You all just copied this English lad with the Newsome pick 

    I SEE YOU 

  • to move up to the 1st pick would cost us both are 3rd's  that is something i would not do

  • @the-gipper said:

    Apparently he does have time.....to the point of having been obsessed about it  for weeks  it seems. 

    And, in his words:   I Don't Give a Fuck.     (and I really don't....but he did)

    " You've shown no proof of that since his debacle v NU.  Only articles before that.  So fuck off until the draft or until we see further evidence of a slide should Justin play spotty against Clemson.  (Even then, the NU game will be enough)" 

    12/21/20

    I told you, we'd talk again after the draft.   I'm a man of my word.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    " You've shown no proof of that since his debacle v NU.  Only articles before that.  So fuck off until the draft or until we see further evidence of a slide should Justin play spotty against Clemson.  (Even then, the NU game will be enough)" 

    12/21/20

    I told you, we'd talk again after the draft.   I'm a man of my word.  

    What is there to talk about?   I said Top Ten,  he went  11.    What else is there to say.   NOTHING...ergo, I won't.   Except of course to point  A.  that he had a sprained  thumb against Northwestern  and probably should have sat it out and  to point out how spotty his play was against Clemson.   (oh...yea, right).

  • We need to get Milton Williams somehow tonight 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    I'm going to predict nickers responds with something along the lines of "Figure it out for yourself" while possibly referring to you as "Mr. Know-It-All". 

    @dutch-oven said:

    After correctly predicting Newsome to the Browns, I'm feeling saucy...

    So who will we pick tonight at # 27?   (actual # 59)

    I'll go with Jabril Cox from LSU  ('cos he played for LSU)

  • It's not just a replacement for Tretter that we're looking for -- Teller's contract is up after the year and he's likely moving on.

    Tretter will save 8 against the cap if cut before 2022 season.

  • We need to get Milton Williams somehow tonight 

    @londonbrown said:

    We need to get Milton Williams somehow tonight 

    Co-sign this 

  • UPDATE:

    • Come back here for Round 3 tonite and 4 - 7 tomorrow.
    • Following our last pick the winner(s) will be announced.

    =============================================================================================