Rounds 2 & 3
-
They will draft a CB in Rd1 If CB Greg Newsome II is there he is the pick...if he is gone...Georgia CB Eric Stokes! I really do like the trade back scenario SD Backer 80 suggests above!!!
-
I bet they will not be picking at #26. There will be a move up
-
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
-
I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.
DB is still an unsettled position as two of three guys we are counting on have missed significant time the past two years.
I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.
DB is still an unsettled position as two of three guys we are counting on have missed significant time the past two years.
Only if we move ahead of Chicago. He's in their back yard at the front of their radar.
-
CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern
CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern
^^^^^
This. -
Trade up ...... Greg Newsome
Stick at 26 ..... Azeez OjulariTrade Back .... Eric Stokes or Gregory Rousseau
If Caleb Farley is there at 26 do you risk it ?
-
LB'er - Zaven Collins, Tulsa. As Eric Clapton would say, our defense will be living on 'Tulsa Time'.
-
Trade up ...... Greg Newsome
Stick at 26 ..... Azeez OjulariTrade Back .... Eric Stokes or Gregory Rousseau
If Caleb Farley is there at 26 do you risk it ?
-
Trade up ...... Greg Newsome
Stick at 26 ..... Azeez OjulariTrade Back .... Eric Stokes or Gregory Rousseau
If Caleb Farley is there at 26 do you risk it ?
Trade up ...... Greg Newsome
Stick at 26 ..... Azeez OjulariTrade Back .... Eric Stokes or Gregory Rousseau
If Caleb Farley is there at 26 do you risk it ?
Risk Farley? Because of his health (Covid).....or just because of his play? If Covid, he certainly should recover unless he is a very rare case. For the other reason? God only knows.
-
Here is my attitude about who they draft: I don't give a fuck.....as long as he turns out to be good player. Just no Barkevious Mingo/Danny Shelton/Justin Gilbert/Kameron Wimbley/Gerard Warren/Courtney Brown. You know, a guy that either sucks swamp water or is so mediocre that they have to give up on him after a couple of years.
Just get a player regardless of his name or position.
-
UPDATE:
- Z needs our help for some reason so make your Round 2 predictions here -> http://thebrownsboard.com/topic/61173-free-lifetime-premium-subscription-for-whoever-predicts-our-2nd-round-pick/
- Come back here for Round 3 tonite and 4-7 tomorrow.
- Following our last pick the winner(s) will be announced.
=============================================================================================
Will update for subsequent rounds, but for now just our #1...
Me?
I think ND's "LB" Owusu-Koramorah falls to us at 26 and is just too versatile to pass.
Will update for subsequent rounds, but for now just our #1...
Me?
I think ND's "LB" Owusu-Koramorah falls to us at 26 and is just too versatile to pass.
This is different than figuring out #1, 2, 3 but even then there were surprises like Baker Mayfield who turned out ok.
My guess would be defense (except for the strange best athlete or a gift OL but most should be gone). and so why not a gifted LB to shore up the middle group. I'm sure it might be a surprise no matter who's name is called.
I think that next rounds will be just as important no matter what........
GO BROWNS on the 2021 Cleveland Draft weekend !
-
If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... ?
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
-
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
Collins offers a different kind of versatility from JOK. He might be our MIKE, but if his coverage skills translate to the next level, then I can see him being even more valuable at the SAM.
Long-term? Add just a little mass/strength and I think he transitions to our bookend to MG.
The only thing that gives me pause... well..... two things are his collegiate competition level and his Pro Day results.
- While Tulsa ain't Middle TN St or Eastern Michigan, the 'Merican Conference isn't that stern of a test.
- Then there are his times in the 10 (1.63) and 40 (4.66). The former is good enough for Edge or LB, but the latter is a tad slow for today's LB game.
Thus my "translation" concern.
His vertical and broad jump results were... well... consistent with his 10-yd split. Good... not great...
On the plus side his 4.36 shuttle stacks up a bit better. I wish he'd run the 3-cone.
-
If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... ?
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
-
If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... ?
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
Salve Regina! I recently had a conversation with my son about him getting a job possibly teaching there. (It is in Newport RI). He had expressed a desire to become a Professor at a small, liberal arts college and, as I said, that is one that came up because we had gone by there at one point. That is not happening now because he is going to become a research scientist for the government: the USDA; but something like that could happen in the future.
-
My money is on ( we don't have a pick @26)
-
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
I would suggest Tyson Campbell won’t even be on their board until day three after his testing. Terrible bar his 40 time
-
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
I would suggest Tyson Campbell won’t even be on their board until day three after his testing. Terrible bar his 40 time
I would suggest Tyson Campbell won’t even be on their board until day three after his testing. Terrible bar his 40 time
I don't know - it's all so confusing !!! Here is what I had read about his forty time....could there be two different Campbells ? or some report is in error? But I'd rather have Campbell in the second round, if he'd be there, cept the Browns draft so late.
NFL draft analyst: Georgia CB Tyson Campbell has 'good chance' at 1st round
"Pelissero mentions that both Campbell and Stokes are high on most draft boards because of the duo’s blazing forty times during Georgia’s pro day in March. Campbell ran a 4.36, and Stokes, a 4.29.
“If there’s a run, both could go in the first,” one GM said. “I think Campbell has a little more upside. Stokes is a little closer to playing (immediately).”"
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login