Rounds 2 & 3
-
If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... ?
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
-
If you think this front office is spending a first round pick on a LB, you have done too much of that Eric Clapton song 'Cocaine'... ?
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
I certainly understand your point.
Gonna set my watch back to it, Cos you know that I've been through it, Living on Tulsa Time.
Waaaay back when Cocaine first came out (I mean when JJ Cale released it on his Troubadour album) I heard it on my clock radio while utilizing the snooze button. I proceeded to Beacon Records and bought the record. I was playing in a little band in Newport, RI. I quickly wrote down the chords and words and brought it to band practice. I played and sang it for them and they didn't like it. A short time later Clapton came out with it (like he did with many of JJ's songs). So, I said to the band, Do yas want to do it NOW? We learned it that night and we had a show to play at Salve Regina University on the weekend. The kids made us play that song 3 times. (and the people in charge kept asking us to turn the volume down...but we didn't)
Salve Regina! I recently had a conversation with my son about him getting a job possibly teaching there. (It is in Newport RI). He had expressed a desire to become a Professor at a small, liberal arts college and, as I said, that is one that came up because we had gone by there at one point. That is not happening now because he is going to become a research scientist for the government: the USDA; but something like that could happen in the future.
-
My money is on ( we don't have a pick @26)
-
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
I would suggest Tyson Campbell won’t even be on their board until day three after his testing. Terrible bar his 40 time
-
I believe they will move up a bit - ahead of the Steelers, who have their eye on Zaven Collins, probably Owusu-Kamorah, too.
Maybe up to 20 with the Bears, who will probably pick an OL.
I'm a HUGE Zaven Collins fan, too, but I would love to hear them pick Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.
If they stay at 26... Owusu is probably gone, so they may pick...
Tyson Campbell, cb.
if Tyson is gone....they also may trade down - and pick:
Joe Tryon. He will grow while learning from Clowney and McKinley.
or Eric Stokes.
so freaking complicated. LOL
Something to consider - the Browns' depth chart has nobody backing up Phillips at SAM lb. Just a thought. I would think that would point to Collins?
I would suggest Tyson Campbell won’t even be on their board until day three after his testing. Terrible bar his 40 time
I would suggest Tyson Campbell won’t even be on their board until day three after his testing. Terrible bar his 40 time
I don't know - it's all so confusing !!! Here is what I had read about his forty time....could there be two different Campbells ? or some report is in error? But I'd rather have Campbell in the second round, if he'd be there, cept the Browns draft so late.
NFL draft analyst: Georgia CB Tyson Campbell has 'good chance' at 1st round
"Pelissero mentions that both Campbell and Stokes are high on most draft boards because of the duo’s blazing forty times during Georgia’s pro day in March. Campbell ran a 4.36, and Stokes, a 4.29.
“If there’s a run, both could go in the first,” one GM said. “I think Campbell has a little more upside. Stokes is a little closer to playing (immediately).”"
-
How shocked would we all be, if the Browns stay put, their top choices would be gone..
and they draft Bateman, WR instead ???
https://www.brownsnation.com/what-if-the-browns-pick-a-wide-receiver-at-no-26/
-
Zombo said:
DE Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Z
I think he will be gone......but if not, could be a very good choice.
-
if he's there I think we take the kid from Noter Dame the LB'er...
Owusu is THAT special a player. The Browns would have to move up to the # 22 spot, trading with Tenn.,
to be able to make it happen, I think.
Folks mentioned Jaelen Phillips - he is also a very, very solid choice, I just thought he'd fall
because of his injury history, which included a few concussions.
The fun of it tonight, is that the Browns now have a coaching staff/FO group that knows
how to do things brilliantly.
However, I think Owusu and Collins are both gone before the Browns pick.
Maybe even Jaelen Phillips, too. Some folks have Newsome on their radar, I don't blame them.
Whatever the Browns do - it will be a brilliant move and pick. I'm GREAT with that.
-
so....
BUY? ....or SELL?
at 26#
https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/nfl-draft-profile-2021-terrace-marshall
-
-
-
$1000. 00 bucks total? Oi! But, did we really need all of those crotch shots?
-
The receiver Browns could potentially take at 26 would be Kadarious Toney if they follow their usual path numbers wise. Tested very well
-
any linebacker will be an upgrade
-
-
I think the Browns will either stay put at 26, move up or move back ........ I should of had a bet on that I am really confident.
-
$1000. 00 bucks total? Oi! But, did we really need all of those crotch shots?
$1000. 00 bucks total? Oi! But, did we really need all of those crotch shots?
Not much to see there unfortunately
-
I'm Stoked !
We have no need to go reaching on anyone at any position.. Let the Best Player on the board come to us... Go Browns !!
Defensive draft starts at pick #10 Dallas.. I'm really interested to see now, if Newsome has jumped ahead of Farley in some draft rooms? I think we get our answer when Zona gets on the clock at pick #16? Most had Farley or Newsome replacing CB Patrick Peterson in Zona...
It's so dang close on or defensive needs even being there?....Just for that reason alone.... If we have no trade down partner?
The Browns select----WR-Rashod Bateman--Minnesota
(if it's on defense? the grey skies of Cleveland will part & trust Berry & Woods on this one ?)
Let's Go Browns ! !
-
if he's there I think we take the kid from Noter Dame the LB'er...
Owusu is THAT special a player. The Browns would have to move up to the # 22 spot, trading with Tenn.,
to be able to make it happen, I think.
Folks mentioned Jaelen Phillips - he is also a very, very solid choice, I just thought he'd fall
because of his injury history, which included a few concussions.
The fun of it tonight, is that the Browns now have a coaching staff/FO group that knows
how to do things brilliantly.
However, I think Owusu and Collins are both gone before the Browns pick.
Maybe even Jaelen Phillips, too. Some folks have Newsome on their radar, I don't blame them.
Whatever the Browns do - it will be a brilliant move and pick. I'm GREAT with that.
Owusu is THAT special a player. The Browns would have to move up to the # 22 spot, trading with Tenn.,
to be able to make it happen, I think.
Folks mentioned Jaelen Phillips - he is also a very, very solid choice, I just thought he'd fall
because of his injury history, which included a few concussions.
The fun of it tonight, is that the Browns now have a coaching staff/FO group that knows
how to do things brilliantly.
However, I think Owusu and Collins are both gone before the Browns pick.
Maybe even Jaelen Phillips, too. Some folks have Newsome on their radar, I don't blame them.
Whatever the Browns do - it will be a brilliant move and pick. I'm GREAT with that.
instead... we take a fucking DB... Joe Woods is gonna be the weak link of this team...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
