Skip to content

Rounds 2 & 3

The Browns Board
525 35 11.1k 1
  • really interesting:

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/auburn-wr-anthony-schwartz-says-he-has-virtual-meeting-with-steelers/

    "Anthony Swartz met/will meet virtually with the Patriots/Seahawks/Steelers/Jets/Chargers/Colts/Saints/Titans"

    and who drafts him?

    BROWNS !!!!!!!!

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    @calfoxwc said:

    really interesting:

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/auburn-wr-anthony-schwartz-says-he-has-virtual-meeting-with-steelers/

    "Anthony Swartz met/will meet virtually with the Patriots/Seahawks/Steelers/Jets/Chargers/Colts/Saints/Titans"

    and who drafts him?

    BROWNS !!!!!!!!

    I believe he said the Browns were his 1st interview. I don't know how soon & how much they will utilize him, but his presence & speed will really open things up underneath.

    Mike

  • @dutch-oven said:

    They better coach him up, because OBJ and/or Landry's days are numbered here. 

    The replacements aren’t on the roster yet. 
     

    Schwartz ain’t that guy 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The replacements aren’t on the roster yet. 
     

    Schwartz ain’t that guy 

    Walterfootball:  "4/26/21: Schwartz flashed at times in 2020, but the Auburn offense struggled to get in rhythm. Schwartz could be a competitive slot receiver in the NFL. He has dangerous speed and could end up being a better pro than college player. "

    Sometimes there is a reason why a player does not stand out before the draft. It may have little to do with the player. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30512340/auburn-tigers-fire-coach-gus-malzahn-eight-seasons

    Drafttek has him rated at #103 overall.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    really interesting:

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/02/auburn-wr-anthony-schwartz-says-he-has-virtual-meeting-with-steelers/

    "Anthony Swartz met/will meet virtually with the Patriots/Seahawks/Steelers/Jets/Chargers/Colts/Saints/Titans"

    and who drafts him?

    BROWNS !!!!!!!!

    I believe he said the Browns were his 1st interview. I don't know how soon & how much they will utilize him, but his presence & speed will really open things up underneath.

    Mike

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @canton-mike said:

    I believe he said the Browns were his 1st interview. I don't know how soon & how much they will utilize him, but his presence & speed will really open things up underneath.

    Mike

    Ran out of emoticons but totally agree here. We needed more speed every down to take off the top of the D. Make those safeties afraid to come up too fast.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    Perhaps the pool should be.. before or after Burrow

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    On one hand, he did catch 54 last season so he's not entirely one-trick. On the other, he had more rushing than receiving TD's at Auburn.

    Yes, speed, but both our WR's "with speed" got injured last season.. hope he gets on an NFL strength&conditioning plan quick..

    And to be clear, the #1 goal of legit athletic trainers is injury prevention.. strength gains are entirely secondary/coincidental.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    ANTHONY SWARTZ ?

    what the??? LOL

    oh. BRILLIANT PICK, even though I never read up on him at all....

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/anthony-schwartz-nfl-draft-player-profile-auburn-wide-receiver/#:~:text=Anthony Schwartz is just one prospect in the,he played for former NFL cornerback Patrick Surtain.

    Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn – NFL Draft Player Profile

    If you’re an NFL team in need of a speedy pass catcher this spring then you’re in luck. Auburn’s Anthony Schwartz may be the fastest wide receiver in the 2021 NFL Draft class. Furthermore, he may be the fastest player in the draft, period. Can he develop that speed into being a dangerous weapon in the NFL?

    During Auburn’s Pro Day, Schwartz demonstrated his incredible speed by posting an unofficial, hand-timed 40 yard dash of 4.26.

    Just out of curiosity,  if anyone knows.   What is the fastest  40 time ever recorded for an NFL prospect? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @the-gipper said:

    Just out of curiosity,  if anyone knows.   What is the fastest  40 time ever recorded for an NFL prospect? 

    @gumby73 said:

    4.22..Bengals- John Ross

    Bo Jackson  4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just out of curiosity,  if anyone knows.   What is the fastest  40 time ever recorded for an NFL prospect? 

    @gumby73 said:

    4.22..Bengals- John Ross

    Bo Jackson  4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Bo Jackson  4.12

    Huh? That's a recorded, verified time? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Bo Jackson  4.12

    Huh? That's a recorded, verified time? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Huh? That's a recorded, verified time? 

    See my edit.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Huh? That's a recorded, verified time? 

    See my edit.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @dutch-oven said:

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2519690-nfl-urban-legends-bo-jackson-and-the-too-fast-to-be-true-40-yard-dash

    Yeah, I'm not buying it. 

    I saw him in the Cotton Bowl run an 80 yard screen for a TD against one of our fastest overall defenses. After he turned the corner at the 50 running laterally from the left to the right side, it took like 3 seconds to cross the goalline. Never seen anything like it in all my years of watching football until his TD tunnel run in the NFL. Put a cape on that man. I was high in the endzone that he ran towards on that play and I could see that sudden acceleration towards me when he turned that corner. Nobody in a football uniform can run that fast-but it damn sure happened.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2519690-nfl-urban-legends-bo-jackson-and-the-too-fast-to-be-true-40-yard-dash

    Yeah, I'm not buying it. 

    I saw him in the Cotton Bowl run an 80 yard screen for a TD against one of our fastest overall defenses. After he turned the corner at the 50 running laterally from the left to the right side, it took like 3 seconds to cross the goalline. Never seen anything like it in all my years of watching football until his TD tunnel run in the NFL. Put a cape on that man. I was high in the endzone that he ran towards on that play and I could see that sudden acceleration towards me when he turned that corner. Nobody in a football uniform can run that fast-but it damn sure happened.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I saw him in the Cotton Bowl run an 80 yard screen for a TD against one of our fastest overall defenses. After he turned the corner at the 50 running laterally from the left to the right side, it took like 3 seconds to cross the goalline. Never seen anything like it in all my years of watching football until his TD tunnel run in the NFL. Put a cape on that man. I was high in the endzone that he ran towards on that play and I could see that sudden acceleration towards me when he turned that corner. Nobody should in a football uniform can run that fast-but it damn sure happened.

    Bo Jackson was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime athlete. Without a doubt.

    But he was not faster than Usain Bolt, and he was not .2 of a second faster than Willie Gault. 

    Bo Jackson says silly things. What was the latest - that he'd run for 3000 yards in today's NFL? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I saw him in the Cotton Bowl run an 80 yard screen for a TD against one of our fastest overall defenses. After he turned the corner at the 50 running laterally from the left to the right side, it took like 3 seconds to cross the goalline. Never seen anything like it in all my years of watching football until his TD tunnel run in the NFL. Put a cape on that man. I was high in the endzone that he ran towards on that play and I could see that sudden acceleration towards me when he turned that corner. Nobody should in a football uniform can run that fast-but it damn sure happened.

    Bo Jackson was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime athlete. Without a doubt.

    But he was not faster than Usain Bolt, and he was not .2 of a second faster than Willie Gault. 

    Bo Jackson says silly things. What was the latest - that he'd run for 3000 yards in today's NFL? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Bo Jackson was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime athlete. Without a doubt.

    But he was not faster than Usain Bolt, and he was not .2 of a second faster than Willie Gault. 

    Bo Jackson says silly things. What was the latest - that he'd run for 3000 yards in today's NFL? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Just out of curiosity,  if anyone knows.   What is the fastest  40 time ever recorded for an NFL prospect? 

    @gumby73 said:

    4.22..Bengals- John Ross

    Bo Jackson  4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Bo Jackson  4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.

    Can you guess what Potty Mouth Shakespeare would have interrupted with "Oh yeah?  I did that running backwards with a cigar in my mouth.  Why don't you knuckleheads get back to endorsing dime a dozen linemen like Joe Thomas for round 1 again!"

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Wasn't quite 80 yards from LOS, but it was a screen behind it. Watch Superman.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Owusu will henceforth be known as - Young JOK.  

    As it is written, so shall it be.  Tell your friends.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

    No... You're too stupid... Bye!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    No... You're too stupid... Bye!

    So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

    At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

  • @nickers said:

    No... You're too stupid... Bye!

    So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

    At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

    At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

    I will pass that on to my 40 plus year Advanced Placement English teaching wife who has retired to correct my Texanese. Its (It's?) About the only thing she will ever like about a football board. LOL!?

  • @the-gipper said:

    WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

    He is the guy I wanted them to take in round one.     This guy is a torpedo.  LIke a Cobra Missile. 

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    @vagitron said:

    Dude there are a bunch of centers on the board. A bunch. They love Meinerz. You act like the Steelers are a shit show on the offensive line. 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    @tour2ma said:

    The GOAT for Cinci's pick...

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @hoorta said:

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

  • @hoorta said:

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    Togiai will eat this guy alive.

  • Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

    And now the tally...

    image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

    image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

    image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

    image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

    image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

    image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

    image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

    image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

    Last one....

    image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

    Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... 😉

    image.png

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

    And now the tally...

    image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

    image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

    image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

    image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

    image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

    image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

    image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

    image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

    Last one....

    image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

    Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... 😉

    image.png

    Hey London, I know Spaniards and Brits have some backstory... But next time you want to run a charity event I can send you an address... 😉