Rounds 2 & 3
-
Just out of curiosity, if anyone knows. What is the fastest 40 time ever recorded for an NFL prospect?
4.22..Bengals- John Ross
Bo Jackson 4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.
Bo Jackson 4.12 though he says electronically it was 4.13.
Can you guess what Potty Mouth Shakespeare would have interrupted with "Oh yeah? I did that running backwards with a cigar in my mouth. Why don't you knuckleheads get back to endorsing dime a dozen linemen like Joe Thomas for round 1 again!"
-
Wasn't quite 80 yards from LOS, but it was a screen behind it. Watch Superman.
-
Owusu will henceforth be known as - Young JOK.
As it is written, so shall it be. Tell your friends.
-
-
So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked.
At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'. Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid", so good on ya.
I will pass that on to my 40 plus year Advanced Placement English teaching wife who has retired to correct my Texanese. Its (It's?) About the only thing she will ever like about a football board. LOL!?
-
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
He is the guy I wanted them to take in round one. This guy is a torpedo. LIke a Cobra Missile.
As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB. Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.
Dude there are a bunch of centers on the board. A bunch. They love Meinerz. You act like the Steelers are a shit show on the offensive line.
Because they are... Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR....
The GOAT for Cinci's pick...
Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs...
As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB. Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.
Because they are... Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR....
Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs...
Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior. Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression. I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS. The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles.
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/
EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.
-
As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB. Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.
Because they are... Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR....
Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs...
Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior. Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression. I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS. The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles.
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/
EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.
Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior. Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression. I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS. The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles.
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/
Togiai will eat this guy alive.
-
Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.
And now the tally...
X ........ -$100
Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390
XX ....... -$100... net +$290
XXX ..... -$100... net +$190
XXXX .... -$100... net +$90
XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10
XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210
Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310
Last one....
XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410
Please keep you stubs for tax purposes...
Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.
And now the tally...
Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390
XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10
XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210
Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310
Last one....
XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410
Please keep you stubs for tax purposes...
Hey London, I know Spaniards and Brits have some backstory... But next time you want to run a charity event I can send you an address...

-
So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.
I think we have a steal.
-
-
As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB. Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.
Because they are... Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR....
Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs...
Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior. Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression. I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS. The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles.
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/
EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.
Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior. Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression. I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS. The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles.
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/
EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.
Absolutely, for sure. You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate.
Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce, Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson, Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis... Just stop...
-
Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior. Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression. I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS. The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles.
https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/
EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.
Absolutely, for sure. You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate.
Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce, Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson, Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis... Just stop...
Absolutely, for sure. You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate.
Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce, Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson, Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis... Just stop...
LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.
-
Absolutely, for sure. You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate.
Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce, Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson, Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis... Just stop...
LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.
LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.
Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better? I mean, sure a young center is going to be better than the worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim to play at Pouncey Prime level?
-
LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.
Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better? I mean, sure a young center is going to be better than the worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim to play at Pouncey Prime level?
Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better? I mean, sure a young center is going to be better than the worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim to play at Pouncey Prime level?
Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.
-
Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better? I mean, sure a young center is going to be better than the worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim to play at Pouncey Prime level?
Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.
Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.
Well, I wasn't just talking about those 2. I was also talking about Kendrick Green. I don't care what position they play, the comment stands: will they be better than who they replace?
-
Absolutely, for sure. You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate.
Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce, Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson, Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis... Just stop...
LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.
LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.
I see I'm behind the times- your stud A&M Punter was drafted in 2020.
But his punting average went way down in the NFL, probably coached to kick nonreturnable moon balls... FWIW, our guy- The Scottish Hammer actually has a better punting average than Mann does in the NFL...
-
CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern
Boom!
-
I’ve been watching some JOK highlights. Admittedly I didn’t spend a lot of time outside of maybe watching 10-12 guys in this process.
He plays downhill VERY well. Notre Dame told him see ball get ball often and he pressured plays and disrupted the QB often. He form tackles too!!! The lost art of form tackling was impressed upon him and he does it well.
Great pick!!!
NOW will Joe Woods move beyond the passive pressure scheme with just the front 4 - drop 7 in coverage...or will he utilize the tool. Myles on one side Clowney on the other JOK coming disguised. Hide your QB!!!
On a side note Fields (5th rounder) watched him as well at Zona and WVU he does an excellent job in coverage sniffing out throws and baiting QBs into mistakes. He’s a zone coverage guy - Woods will love him I like him too.
Thankfully JOK looks like he covers well too without PI.
-
So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.
I think we have a steal.
So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.
I think we have a steal.
Yup....
In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.
Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.
-
So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.
I think we have a steal.
Yup....
In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.
Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.
Yup....
In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.
Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.
Watching his 2020 game against Georgia now.
Hasn't caught a ball past the LOS yet, I'm in the 3rd Qtr. Good God, Auburns Oline is a mess and Bo Nix might be worse.
LOTS of work needed on Schwartz' feet.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

