Skip to content

Rounds 2 & 3

The Browns Board
525 35 11.1k 1
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Wasn't quite 80 yards from LOS, but it was a screen behind it. Watch Superman.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Owusu will henceforth be known as - Young JOK.  

    As it is written, so shall it be.  Tell your friends.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This might be the most high regard anyone ever holds your words - so take it in.

    I want to hear what/why YOU think that.  In detail.

    No... You're too stupid... Bye!

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    No... You're too stupid... Bye!

    So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

    At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

  • @nickers said:

    No... You're too stupid... Bye!

    So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

    At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    So you can't explain shit, I'm shocked. 

    At least you used the non-possessive 'You're'.   Irks me to no end when I see "your stupid",    so good on ya.

    I will pass that on to my 40 plus year Advanced Placement English teaching wife who has retired to correct my Texanese. Its (It's?) About the only thing she will ever like about a football board. LOL!?

  • @the-gipper said:

    WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

    He is the guy I wanted them to take in round one.     This guy is a torpedo.  LIke a Cobra Missile. 

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    @vagitron said:

    Dude there are a bunch of centers on the board. A bunch. They love Meinerz. You act like the Steelers are a shit show on the offensive line. 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    @tour2ma said:

    The GOAT for Cinci's pick...

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron

    @hoorta said:

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

  • @hoorta said:

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    Togiai will eat this guy alive.

  • Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

    And now the tally...

    image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

    image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

    image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

    image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

    image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

    image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

    image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

    image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

    Last one....

    image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

    Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... 😉

    image.png

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.

    And now the tally...

    image.png.4add53c7d5e1ac896045e0d287ef285e.png X ........ -$100

    image.png.91d8e4dd6bbc3e758e9d688666a5b8e3.png Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390

    image.png.382716aa86730dc7e883541df89921fb.png XX ....... -$100... net +$290

    image.png.33ffc3b9b87f4d39c8cd389c02b3bb86.png  XXX ..... -$100... net +$190

    image.png.0f13fb9c0d23c340dced9bdc6e85ef47.png XXXX .... -$100... net +$90

    image.png.540aff1877effde7af9f6b74ed6d16c0.png XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10

    image.png.deb695eac54fafc75ae568e12e30d4c2.png XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210

    image.png.9f5a3c8d38d5c5f75c56fd9eeab219dd.png Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310

    Last one....

    image.png.5204e30549d1803d48ab63e261baf195.png XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410

    Please keep you stubs for tax purposes... 😉

    image.png

    Hey London, I know Spaniards and Brits have some backstory... But next time you want to run a charity event I can send you an address... 😉

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.  
     

    I think we have a steal. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    The BROWNS have 6 picks tomorrow FWIW, might be an important day 3 in this loaded draft.

    I put the O/U we actually use for picks at 4.5...

    ... and I'm taking the Under.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    I put the O/U we actually use for picks at 4.5...

    ... and I'm taking the Under.

    That was a pretty close O/U at 4.5.

    Oh the actual amount of ⛏️ picks was 5...... barely but still OVER.    Pretty well done BROWNS FO.

  • @hoorta said:

    As I commented to my pal.a guy with safety+ speed that plays LB.  Guy who can cover wrs over the middle. Any comparisons to Dick Butkus are hallucinations. And he did win the Butkus award.  🙂 

    Because they are...  Draft a guy who shows some talent to be a center, Pouncey- he ain't. We should start a pool on which game Ben goes on IR.... 

    Yep. Anthony is certainly on the Mount Olympus of LTs... 

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

    Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

    Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

  • @vagitron said:

    Pouncey was down right bad last season and far from great the season prior.  Villanueva the same and A LOT of people from outside the fan base think this means the line will experience a regression.  I frankly think the line improves with their departures and Green is the perfect pivot in a ZBS.  The article i'm about to link is from PRE-DRAFT so there is no "bias" even tho the depot is incredibly unbiased when the dust settles. 

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/2021-nfl-draft-player-profiles-illinois-ol-kendrick-green/

    EDIT: Green has a RAS score of 9.24.  

    Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

    Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

    Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

    LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

  • @hoorta said:

    Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

    Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

    LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

    Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better?  I mean, sure a young  center is going to be better than the  worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim  to play at Pouncey Prime level? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

    Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better?  I mean, sure a young  center is going to be better than the  worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim  to play at Pouncey Prime level? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better?  I mean, sure a young  center is going to be better than the  worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim  to play at Pouncey Prime level? 

    Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, they are younger players than the guys they are to replace....but will they be better?  I mean, sure a young  center is going to be better than the  worn out, now departed Pouncey, but does anyone expecthim  to play at Pouncey Prime level? 

    Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Moore is not a center and last time I looked Harris was a RB.

    Well, I wasn't just talking about those  2.   I was also talking about Kendrick Green.   I don't care what position they play,  the comment stands:   will they be better than who they replace? 

  • @hoorta said:

    Absolutely, for sure.  You don't draft OL in the 3rd and 4th round and expect them to play like Orlando Pace right out of the gate. 

    Uh huh- Najee Harris = Barry Sanders. Frothingslosh = Travis Kelce,  Kendrick Green = Quenton Nelson,  Dan Moore = Anthony Munoz, Buddy Jonson = Ray Lewis...  Just stop...  

    LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! Harris and Moore are actually very good pickups for them.

    I see I'm behind the times- your stud A&M Punter was drafted in 2020.  🙂  But his punting average went way down in the NFL, probably coached to kick nonreturnable moon balls...  FWIW, our guy- The Scottish Hammer actually has a better punting average than Mann does in the NFL...  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern 

    Boom! 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Boom! 

    I LOVE IT! 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    I’ve been watching some JOK highlights. Admittedly I didn’t spend a lot of time outside of maybe watching 10-12 guys in this process. 

    He plays downhill VERY well.  Notre Dame told him see ball get ball often and he pressured plays and disrupted the QB often.  He form tackles too!!!  The lost art of form tackling was impressed upon him and he does it well.

    Great pick!!!

    NOW will Joe Woods move beyond the passive pressure scheme with just the front 4 - drop 7 in coverage...or will he utilize the tool.   Myles on one side Clowney on the other JOK coming disguised.  Hide your QB!!! 
     

    On a side note Fields (5th rounder) watched him as well at Zona and WVU he does an excellent job in coverage sniffing out throws and baiting QBs into mistakes.  He’s a zone coverage guy - Woods will love him I like him too. 

    Thankfully JOK looks like he covers well too without PI. 

  • So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.  
     

    I think we have a steal. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.  
     

    I think we have a steal. 

    Yup....

    In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.

    Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.  
     

    I think we have a steal. 

    Yup....

    In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.

    Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup....

    In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.

    Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

    Watching his 2020 game against Georgia now.  

    Hasn't caught a ball past the LOS yet, I'm in the 3rd Qtr.     Good God, Auburns Oline is a mess and Bo Nix might be worse.

    LOTS of work needed on Schwartz' feet. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    So watching some Auburn clips and Anthony Schwartz clips and Schwartz had some decent hands too with that speed.  
     

    I think we have a steal. 

    Yup....

    In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.

    Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup....

    In 2020 he was #8 in the SEC in receptions with 54.

    Plus for a guy who is talked about as if the "go route" is all he's good for to have more rushing TDs than receiving and a YPC of only 12.2 even if there are a couple handfuls of bubble screens in that reception total.

    He catches the ball from what I see.  His bio...he’s a football guy throughout HS and College not a track guy with Olympic aspirations recruited last minute as a football guy. 

    Year 1 I’ll take 8-10 play sub package each game 2/3 touches...go route, bubble screen and end around.   Let’s have a couple end around fakes with him....safety and end need to respect it with that speed...so suddenly off tackle works better and so does play action the other way.

    10-20 years ago we would be drafting this guy to come on Year 1 as a #3 WR.  He has some elite professional route runners to learn from on this team