Rounds 2 & 3
-
These Browns know more than we do by a few light years. I was all determined that we had
Owusu fall to us at 26 !!!!!!!!!!
and we take Newsome !
So, on the way home, they were interviewing Newsome, and he explained that the games he missed
as a freshman weren't what some folks think - that he only missed three games because of his ankle,
the coach just redshirted him the rest of the year. GREAT kid, family guy, loves not being far from home, has
family in the Cleveland area....
He is probably the most NFL ready cb in the draft.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/nfl-draft-tracker-2021-instant-analysis-on-every-pick-in-the-first-round/ar-BB1gcltQ?ocid=uxbndlbing
26. Cleveland Browns – CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern
The Wildcats produce two first-rounders for the first time as he follows Slater into the pros. Newsome features sub-4.4 speed and copious swagger while joining a team with few holes but a fierce pass rush. Newsome should join Denzel Ward and Troy Hill to give Cleveland a wicked nickel package.
-
GRADE: 8.2/10 (Immediate NFL starter, late 1st round)
OVERALL RANK: 23/300
POSITION RANK: CB3
PRO COMPARISON: Darrelle Revis 60% / Richard Sherman 40%
-
Newsome is a much better technician than Stokes who went to Pack.. Only history worry is injury but that's the same concern w all of our DB apparently.
Fascinating to see Zaven and Davis go before Parsons..
-
Owusu is THAT special a player. The Browns would have to move up to the # 22 spot, trading with Tenn.,
to be able to make it happen, I think.
Folks mentioned Jaelen Phillips - he is also a very, very solid choice, I just thought he'd fall
because of his injury history, which included a few concussions.
The fun of it tonight, is that the Browns now have a coaching staff/FO group that knows
how to do things brilliantly.
However, I think Owusu and Collins are both gone before the Browns pick.
Maybe even Jaelen Phillips, too. Some folks have Newsome on their radar, I don't blame them.
Whatever the Browns do - it will be a brilliant move and pick. I'm GREAT with that.
instead... we take a fucking DB... Joe Woods is gonna be the weak link of this team...
-
Quotes from PFF wrapup podcast about last night, will update as it goes on
When was the last time the Browns made a bad move?
Steelers took their first round pick and lit it on fire.
Jaguars already have the poster child for why 1st round RB isn't a need.. and their justification for Etienne ["He'll be a good third down piece"] is ridiculous
-
-
nicker's football knowledge can fit into a pencil eraser.
A pencil eraser that has been worn down to a nub
Oh, I know. That's why I'm curious to see how bad his response might be.
-
nicker's football knowledge can fit into a pencil eraser.
A pencil eraser that has been worn down to a nub
Oh, I know. That's why I'm curious to see how bad his response might be.
-
If there is a DE they really like, I'd consider trading up.
If they stay put, I'd like to see a DE, DT and WR or LB taken today. (All things equal)
-
Not a need but Creed Humphrey would be GREAT Tretter insurance when the time comes
-
Just waiting for the Browns to turn in that card for Alim McNeil and make me look like a smart man.
edit: Just sat down after swimming some laps. Making up a nice Spanish omelette, sweet potato home fries... weather is outstanding in NE Ohio. Couldn't be more excited to have people come to our city and showcase CLE in this light.
-
I bet they also take an IOL tonight to go along with an IDL. See the post directly above.
Teller's big money contract will be after the year, Harris will be ready to start full-time, and cutting Tretter after 2021 will save 8 against the cap.
-
Quotes from PFF wrapup podcast about last night, will update as it goes on
When was the last time the Browns made a bad move?
Steelers took their first round pick and lit it on fire.
Jaguars already have the poster child for why 1st round RB isn't a need.. and their justification for Etienne ["He'll be a good third down piece"] is ridiculous
Quotes from PFF wrapup podcast about last night, will update as it goes on
When was the last time the Browns made a bad move?
Steelers took their first round pick and lit it on fire.
Jaguars already have the poster child for why 1st round RB isn't a need.. and their justification for Etienne ["He'll be a good third down piece"] is ridiculous
Have to ask this honestly and I'm actually doing it without a hint of condescension (as I feel you do have quality posts)
Are you a PFF data scientist?
-
No, I listen to different things on pff and Kollmann's youtube channels from my personal laptop while working on the work laptop.. My career's in health care.
-
No, I listen to different things on pff and Kollmann's youtube channels from my personal laptop while working on the work laptop.. My career's in health care.
No, I listen to different things on pff and Kollmann's youtube channels from my personal laptop while working on the work laptop..
I'm jealous. Mostly of the dual laptop thingy, that's big boy shit.
-
Not a need but Creed Humphrey would be GREAT Tretter insurance when the time comes
Not a need but Creed Humphrey would be GREAT Tretter insurance when the time comes
I wonder if the Browns are banking on Nick Harris being Tretter's eventual replacement?
-
I don't know how I lived before installing the KVM switch that lets me send the signal from either work or personal to the dual-big-monitor setup.
-
I don't know how I lived before installing the KVM switch that lets me send the signal from either work or personal to the dual-big-monitor setup.
I don't know how I lived before installing the KVM switch that lets me send the signal from either work or personal to the dual-big-monitor setup.
Sounds like you need to get some Doom playing on that setup.
-
CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern
CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern
I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.
They will draft a CB in Rd1 If CB Greg Newsome II is there he is the pick..
^^^^^ This.
Congrats to our 4 winners...
... but now onto a more important tallying...
-
Not a need but Creed Humphrey would be GREAT Tretter insurance when the time comes
I wonder if the Browns are banking on Nick Harris being Tretter's eventual replacement?
I wonder if the Browns are banking on Nick Harris being Tretter's eventual replacement?
Hope not. Harris was a late round pick, no reason to not kick over further mid to late round rocks and see if somebody ends up showing more potential.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login