Rounds 2 & 3
-
In regard to Fields...
The Jets thought a workout looked like Mahomes so they bypassed Fields. The Jets have had a good QB...when?
I don’t know what the Niners were thinking. They may ask that question too 24 months from now.
And a team traded up from 20 to get Fields at 11. Giving up their first next year. Says a lot to me but another team that can’t figure out the position.
I don’t know who is right or wrong here.
I thought Fields was a Top 10 prospect. He probably needs a redshirt year. Atlanta was a perfect spot for him and it’s too bad because he’s got the keys from Day 1 and he needs a little drivers Ed
-
and my new 5wood showing up... it's all downhill from here, bubs.
It started downhill with the 5 wood. I just broke my Wilson ProStaff Lite against some fool trying to take the ball off my racquet. I had a perfect low off the floor corner shot all lined up and this idiot thinks he needs to steal it from me to the back wall. Partners can be a bitch in that game sometimes, especially when they are not paying attention to what's going on. Now a 5 wood I can break over my knee on my own after a nice pond shot. Hate that damn game.?
It started downhill with the 5 wood. I just broke my Wilson ProStaff Lite against some fool trying to take the ball off my racquet. I had a perfect low off the floor corner shot all lined up and this idiot thinks he needs to steal it from me to the back wall. Partners can be a bitch in that game sometimes, especially when they are not paying attention to what's going on. Now a 5 wood I can break over my knee on my own after a nice pond shot. Hate that damn game.?
If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.
Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal. If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing. It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football.
-
Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.
And now the tally...
X ........ -$100
Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390
XX ....... -$100... net +$290
XXX ..... -$100... net +$190
XXXX .... -$100... net +$90
XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10
XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210
Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310
Last one....
XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410
Please keep you stubs for tax purposes...
-
Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.
And now the tally...
X ........ -$100
Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390
XX ....... -$100... net +$290
XXX ..... -$100... net +$190
XXXX .... -$100... net +$90
XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10
XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210
Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310
Last one....
XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410
Please keep you stubs for tax purposes...
Let's see if a "$500 Scratch off" can be beat.
And now the tally...
Ding Ding Ding! +$490.... net +$390
XXXXX .... -$100.... ruh ro.... net -$10
XXXXXX .... -$200 .... net -$210
Meatloaf was wrong... 2 outta 3 is bad.... XXXXXXX ... -$100... net -$310
Last one....
XXXXXXXX ... -$100 ... Net -$410
Please keep you stubs for tax purposes...
Oof.
-
It started downhill with the 5 wood. I just broke my Wilson ProStaff Lite against some fool trying to take the ball off my racquet. I had a perfect low off the floor corner shot all lined up and this idiot thinks he needs to steal it from me to the back wall. Partners can be a bitch in that game sometimes, especially when they are not paying attention to what's going on. Now a 5 wood I can break over my knee on my own after a nice pond shot. Hate that damn game.?
If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.
Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal. If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing. It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football.
If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.
Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal. If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing. It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football.
Try tournament golf...
I was in the Houston Amateur Golf Association for years and the added load of playing for even a couple hundred dollar gift certificate has to be experienced to be believed.
-
It started downhill with the 5 wood. I just broke my Wilson ProStaff Lite against some fool trying to take the ball off my racquet. I had a perfect low off the floor corner shot all lined up and this idiot thinks he needs to steal it from me to the back wall. Partners can be a bitch in that game sometimes, especially when they are not paying attention to what's going on. Now a 5 wood I can break over my knee on my own after a nice pond shot. Hate that damn game.?
If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.
Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal. If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing. It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football.
If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.
Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal. If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing. It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football.
I have a good friend whose Dad started him around age 5. Even at 5'6" 145 lbs he could nail a driver from the Championship Tee very close to 300 yds every time. He had this unique little ninja sounding grunt to go with the "click" you heard the club make on impact and just watch with wonder. Funny thing is that his Dad was such a hard taskmaster he could never do anything right in his eyes despite being a 1 over par golfer by age 16. He threw away the game and turned down golf scholarships because of it. Put himself through school. About 10 years after college graduation he picked them up again, but just for his own fun and relaxation. Never seen anyone play like he does who never went professional. His short iron game from anywhere including rough, sand, bad angles, etc. is a thing of beauty. Drops it within 5 ft of the cup or less almost every time.
-
If my dad hadn't brought me along as a kid, I would have never tortured myself to play the game as an adult.
Honestly that's why I enjoy Golf, the psychological aspect is unreal. If you lack the confidence in your swing, your club selection, your control, how you read the lie and visualize the shot... then you're fucked before you even take the swing. It's about as close as you can get, mentally speaking, to playing QB without actually playing football.
I have a good friend whose Dad started him around age 5. Even at 5'6" 145 lbs he could nail a driver from the Championship Tee very close to 300 yds every time. He had this unique little ninja sounding grunt to go with the "click" you heard the club make on impact and just watch with wonder. Funny thing is that his Dad was such a hard taskmaster he could never do anything right in his eyes despite being a 1 over par golfer by age 16. He threw away the game and turned down golf scholarships because of it. Put himself through school. About 10 years after college graduation he picked them up again, but just for his own fun and relaxation. Never seen anyone play like he does who never went professional. His short iron game from anywhere including rough, sand, bad angles, etc. is a thing of beauty. Drops it within 5 ft of the cup or less almost every time.
I have a good friend whose Dad started him around age 5. Even at 5'6" 145 lbs he could nail a driver from the Championship Tee very close to 300 yds every time. He had this unique little ninja sounding grunt to go with the "click" you heard the club make on impact and just watch with wonder. Funny thing is that his Dad was such a hard taskmaster he could never do anything right in his eyes despite being a 1 over par golfer by age 16. He threw away the game and turned down golf scholarships because of it. Put himself through school. About 10 years after college graduation he picked them up again, but just for his own fun and relaxation. Never seen anyone play like he does who never went professional. His short iron game from anywhere including rough, sand, bad angles, etc. is a thing of beauty. Drops it within 5 ft of the cup less almost every time.
People are weird like that. I know a few guys naturally gifted enough to have been on scholarship somewhere for football. Maybe not even d1 but certainly d2. They just didn't have the heart for a game they were organically good at. Life's funny.
-
I have a good friend whose Dad started him around age 5. Even at 5'6" 145 lbs he could nail a driver from the Championship Tee very close to 300 yds every time. He had this unique little ninja sounding grunt to go with the "click" you heard the club make on impact and just watch with wonder. Funny thing is that his Dad was such a hard taskmaster he could never do anything right in his eyes despite being a 1 over par golfer by age 16. He threw away the game and turned down golf scholarships because of it. Put himself through school. About 10 years after college graduation he picked them up again, but just for his own fun and relaxation. Never seen anyone play like he does who never went professional. His short iron game from anywhere including rough, sand, bad angles, etc. is a thing of beauty. Drops it within 5 ft of the cup less almost every time.
People are weird like that. I know a few guys naturally gifted enough to have been on scholarship somewhere for football. Maybe not even d1 but certainly d2. They just didn't have the heart for a game they were organically good at. Life's funny.
People are weird like that. I know a few guys naturally gifted enough to have been on scholarship somewhere for football. Maybe not even d1 but certainly d2. They just didn't have the heart for a game they were organically good at. Life's funny.
I know. I've asked him why he has never become a paid teaching pro and he just grins and says he loves the profession he chose and that golf for him is just therapy and not the torture he had experienced as a teenager. If he lived a lot closer I might have had him teach me the game as an "old" learner. But Houston is a bit too far for that. We met when we both lived in Wyoming in another lifetime in the early 80s. Some days after a 2-3 hours of yard work my old body tells me that must have been the 1880's.?
-
Quotes from PFF wrapup podcast about last night, will update as it goes on
When was the last time the Browns made a bad move?
Steelers took their first round pick and lit it on fire.
Jaguars already have the poster child for why 1st round RB isn't a need.. and their justification for Etienne ["He'll be a good third down piece"] is ridiculous
Quotes from PFF wrapup podcast about last night, will update as it goes on
When was the last time the Browns made a bad move?
Steelers took their first round pick and lit it on fire.
Jaguars already have the poster child for why 1st round RB isn't a need.. and their justification for Etienne ["He'll be a good third down piece"] is ridiculous
Explain the highlighted comment. Is it just that you agree with those that say you should not draft RBs in the first round?
-
You're in luck, friend. I've got the windows open to let the cool breeze come in. I've got half a pot of coffee with my name on it and both of my monitors at the battle station watching football. Enjoying this rare opportunity of mine to just kick back and relax.
So in short, I have time to hear your explanation of "scheme".
Regale me....
AND you have time for Gipper to admit you were right about Fields!
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!
AND you have time for Gipper to admit you were right about Fields!
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!
Apparently he does have time.....to the point of having been obsessed about it for weeks it seems.
And, in his words: I Don't Give a Fuck. (and I really don't....but he did)
-
In regard to Fields...
The Jets thought a workout looked like Mahomes so they bypassed Fields. The Jets have had a good QB...when?
I don’t know what the Niners were thinking. They may ask that question too 24 months from now.
And a team traded up from 20 to get Fields at 11. Giving up their first next year. Says a lot to me but another team that can’t figure out the position.
I don’t know who is right or wrong here.
I thought Fields was a Top 10 prospect. He probably needs a redshirt year. Atlanta was a perfect spot for him and it’s too bad because he’s got the keys from Day 1 and he needs a little drivers Ed
In regard to Fields...
The Jets thought a workout looked like Mahomes so they bypassed Fields. The Jets have had a good QB...when?
I don’t know what the Niners were thinking. They may ask that question too 24 months from now.
And a team traded up from 20 to get Fields at 11. Giving up their first next year. Says a lot to me but another team that can’t figure out the position.
I don’t know who is right or wrong here.
I thought Fields was a Top 10 prospect. He probably needs a redshirt year. Atlanta was a perfect spot for him and it’s too bad because he’s got the keys from Day 1 and he needs a little drivers Ed
Well, I think in my discussion with Tia I said that he was a Top 10 pick. Tia said he would drop, and, sure, he was right. He dropped all the way to 11. For which he did some kind of self aggrandizing victory dance and for which I guess I need to be excoriated.
Oi! ?
-
I'm not a fan of his shitty scheme...
You're in luck, friend. I've got the windows open to let the cool breeze come in. I've got half a pot of coffee with my name on it and both of my monitors at the battle station watching football. Enjoying this rare opportunity of mine to just kick back and relax.
So in short, I have time to hear your explanation of "scheme".
Regale me....
You're in luck, friend. I've got the windows open to let the cool breeze come in. I've got half a pot of coffee with my name on it and both of my monitors at the battle station watching football. Enjoying this rare opportunity of mine to just kick back and relax.
So in short, I have time to hear your explanation of "scheme".
Regale me....
Naw... I'll let you enjoy your new injury riddled CB...
-
Guys I like:
Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU Junior 6'3" 200 lbs SEC - West
Azeez Ojulari EDGE Georgia RS Sophomore 6'3" 240 lbs SEC - East
Christian Barmore IDL Alabama RS Sophomore 6'5" 310 lbs SEC - West
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame RS Junior 6'2" 216 lbs FBS Independents
Trevon Moehrig S TCU Junior 6'1" 208 lbs Big 12
Guys I like:
Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU Junior 6'3" 200 lbs SEC - West
Azeez Ojulari EDGE Georgia RS Sophomore 6'3" 240 lbs SEC - East
Christian Barmore IDL Alabama RS Sophomore 6'5" 310 lbs SEC - West
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame RS Junior 6'2" 216 lbs FBS Independents
Trevon Moehrig S TCU Junior 6'1" 208 lbs Big 12
I think every one of those except Marshall will be gone in the 1st ten tonight. If we want one we will have to trade up.
-
You're in luck, friend. I've got the windows open to let the cool breeze come in. I've got half a pot of coffee with my name on it and both of my monitors at the battle station watching football. Enjoying this rare opportunity of mine to just kick back and relax.
So in short, I have time to hear your explanation of "scheme".
Regale me....
Naw... I'll let you enjoy your new injury riddled CB...
-
AND you have time for Gipper to admit you were right about Fields!
THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!
Between this, the $500 scratch off from Wednesday, the note left on my windshield outside the gym and my new 5wood showing up... it's all downhill from here, bubs.
-
The real questions is...... Why do we call it a wood - when there's no wood?
https://golfcollege.edu/evolution-golf-club/
"Since the inception of the game of golf, players have continually tried to improve upon their equipment. The earliest golf clubs were initially carved by the golfer themselves and typically out of wood. Golfers soon turned to skilled craftsmen to produce higher quality equipment."
-
The real questions is...... Why do we call it a wood - when there's no wood?
https://golfcollege.edu/evolution-golf-club/
"Since the inception of the game of golf, players have continually tried to improve upon their equipment. The earliest golf clubs were initially carved by the golfer themselves and typically out of wood. Golfers soon turned to skilled craftsmen to produce higher quality equipment."
https://golfcollege.edu/evolution-golf-club/
"Since the inception of the game of golf, players have continually tried to improve upon their equipment. The earliest golf clubs were initially carved by the golfer themselves and typically out of wood. Golfers soon turned to skilled craftsmen to produce higher quality equipment."
I am never giving up my mashie-niblick...
-
Guys I like:
Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU Junior 6'3" 200 lbs SEC - West
Azeez Ojulari EDGE Georgia RS Sophomore 6'3" 240 lbs SEC - East
Christian Barmore IDL Alabama RS Sophomore 6'5" 310 lbs SEC - West
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame RS Junior 6'2" 216 lbs FBS Independents
Trevon Moehrig S TCU Junior 6'1" 208 lbs Big 12
I think every one of those except Marshall will be gone in the 1st ten tonight. If we want one we will have to trade up.
I think every one of those except Marshall will be gone in the 1st ten tonight. If we want one we will have to trade up.
Agreed. (I would think Marshall would be gone too) And I don't think that our analytical lobe of the brain will allow us to trade up high enough in the round to get one.....but we still have 8 picks to package.
-
-
CB Greg Newsome, Northwestern
I’m saying Greg Newsome as well.
They will draft a CB in Rd1 If CB Greg Newsome II is there he is the pick..
^^^^^ This.
Congrats to our 4 winners...
... but now onto a more important tallying...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
