The Draft: Round One
-
Tour2ma knows his oline stuff vag.
Najee did look like a whiny crybaby punk little bitch so he will fit right into the culture Pitt is building
Tour2ma knows his oline stuff vag.
Najee did look like a whiny crybaby punk little bitch so he will fit right into the culture Pitt is building
And that's fine. I think he's wrong. ?
️
? @ your Harris comment. He's the exact opposite of that.
-
This draft is as deep at offensive line as its been in a while. I respectfully disagree on your assessment. I also don't agree with your assessment at running back. Connor would have been good if he could stay healthy. It was lev before him and deangelo Williams. The last running back to be molded into anything late in the draft was Willie Parker. (Undrafted and Def not overweight) Mendenhall was a first rounder at I believe 23. Issac Redman was okay but he was a journeyman at best. The team I think loves Harris as much for his off the field as they do on it. The guy drove ten hours to support his teammates at their pro day and he didn't even run.
OL...
There are maybe 7 plug-n-play, IOL worth a R2 pick IF you are going to a pure power/gap attack... which given your pick of Harris may be the case. You likely see one... and I think you agree given your OT situation, that you need more than one OL.
Half the 6-ish OTs that are R2 worthy project better inside and only half of these are plug-n-play. This says you should go OT in the 2nd... and that means scraps inside in R3... or "sprinkles" later, e.g., Morrissey.
Your "deep class" is going to get very shallow before your 3rd-round pick rolls around, but there are a few, a very few, Day 3 sleepers who might play come game 1 of 2021, but not at an NFL level.
RB...
Connors is an example of my point on what historically you've done so well. A 3rd rounder who played around 240 at Pitt and 230 for you.
Bell is another... 2nd-rounder who played in the low-230s at MSU and low-220s for you.
Hadn't even thought of Williams, since he was not your pick, but he played in the 2-teens at Memphis and the low-200s for you. And while he was a former R1 pick, he was a reclamation project in PTG.
With all due respect...

OL...
There are maybe 7 plug-n-play, IOL worth a R2 pick IF you are going to a pure power/gap attack... which given your pick of Harris may be the case. You likely see one... and I think you agree given your OT situation, that you need more than one OL.
Half the 6-ish OTs that are R2 worthy project better inside and only half of these are plug-n-play. This says you should go OT in the 2nd... and that means scraps inside in R3... or "sprinkles" later, e.g., Morrissey.
Your "deep class" is going to get very shallow before your 3rd-round pick rolls around, but there are a few, a very few, Day 3 sleepers who might play come game 1 of 2021, but not at an NFL level.
RB...
Connors is an example of my point on what historically you've done so well. A 3rd rounder who played around 240 at Pitt and 230 for you.
Bell is another... 2nd-rounder who played in the low-230s at MSU and low-220s for you.
Hadn't even thought of Williams, since he was not your pick, but he played in the 2-teens at Memphis and the low-200s for you. And while he was a former R1 pick, he was a reclamation project in PTG.
With all due respect...

I guess my point was there are starter quality guys that may make it to the 3rd round where as guys normally at that point are projects. Dotson is a prime example of a beast offensive lineman found late.
As far as rb is concerned Connor still never became what he could have become because of injuries. I hope he can moving forward. Bell went at pick 48 and frankly changed the way teams looked at running backs IMO. I love Harris and while I would have loved to grab the guy in the second he obviously wasn’t making it that far. Tremendous wr, very good in pass pro, big frame with quick feet. It’s all Lev bell.
The difference is Harris has more juice and his character is on a different level. I don’t think I mentioned it here but if I did my bad. The dude drove ten hours to the Alabama pro day he wasn’t working out for to simply support his teammates.
Yesterday I either wanted them to move up for a falling fields or draft Farley, Harris, Jenkins or Samuel Jr. and frankly as of now I’m not even sure they will draft a lineman in the second. I could see them drafting Pay Freiermuth out of Penn State.
Connor - 3rd round and injury prone. Never found his full potential
lev - second round and best in the league for a while (deangelo Williams)
mendenhall - first round pick 23 I believe
willie Parker - undrafted.
I don’t agree with your rb assessment with the Steelers but I do agree there is plenty of value outside the first round at the position and you only draft one these days in the first if they are special. I think Harris has the potential to be special and I’d say the same for any team that drafted him.
-
OL...
There are maybe 7 plug-n-play, IOL worth a R2 pick IF you are going to a pure power/gap attack... which given your pick of Harris may be the case. You likely see one... and I think you agree given your OT situation, that you need more than one OL.
Half the 6-ish OTs that are R2 worthy project better inside and only half of these are plug-n-play. This says you should go OT in the 2nd... and that means scraps inside in R3... or "sprinkles" later, e.g., Morrissey.
Your "deep class" is going to get very shallow before your 3rd-round pick rolls around, but there are a few, a very few, Day 3 sleepers who might play come game 1 of 2021, but not at an NFL level.
RB...
Connors is an example of my point on what historically you've done so well. A 3rd rounder who played around 240 at Pitt and 230 for you.
Bell is another... 2nd-rounder who played in the low-230s at MSU and low-220s for you.
Hadn't even thought of Williams, since he was not your pick, but he played in the 2-teens at Memphis and the low-200s for you. And while he was a former R1 pick, he was a reclamation project in PTG.
With all due respect...

I guess my point was there are starter quality guys that may make it to the 3rd round where as guys normally at that point are projects. Dotson is a prime example of a beast offensive lineman found late.
As far as rb is concerned Connor still never became what he could have become because of injuries. I hope he can moving forward. Bell went at pick 48 and frankly changed the way teams looked at running backs IMO. I love Harris and while I would have loved to grab the guy in the second he obviously wasn’t making it that far. Tremendous wr, very good in pass pro, big frame with quick feet. It’s all Lev bell.
The difference is Harris has more juice and his character is on a different level. I don’t think I mentioned it here but if I did my bad. The dude drove ten hours to the Alabama pro day he wasn’t working out for to simply support his teammates.
Yesterday I either wanted them to move up for a falling fields or draft Farley, Harris, Jenkins or Samuel Jr. and frankly as of now I’m not even sure they will draft a lineman in the second. I could see them drafting Pay Freiermuth out of Penn State.
Connor - 3rd round and injury prone. Never found his full potential
lev - second round and best in the league for a while (deangelo Williams)
mendenhall - first round pick 23 I believe
willie Parker - undrafted.
I don’t agree with your rb assessment with the Steelers but I do agree there is plenty of value outside the first round at the position and you only draft one these days in the first if they are special. I think Harris has the potential to be special and I’d say the same for any team that drafted him.
Bell went at pick 48 and frankly changed the way teams looked at running backs IMO.
Pretty sure the Broncos had a hand in changing that view as well.

Basically we are now agreeing... probably were earlier as well. My point in sighting a trimmed-down Connors was that he had success at all... something I did not see happening, but your FO did. Injuries can derail any RB's career.
Analytics tells us that since 2000 the lowest correlation there is between round drafted and NFL success lies with the IOL. I think a good deal of this is attributable to the growing use of the ZBS which has given smaller, mobile, collegiate OTs... and to a lesser extent IOLs... a home at the next level.
Problem is where I can usually ID 6 or 8 such prospects for Day 3, this year it's about 4.... about half ZBS suited and half strictly power... and none are ready to play now. 2022 or '23? Sure, but does you no good in 4 months...
Damn... the season approaches fast...
-
Not sure anyone caught my joke earlier about the pumpkin head guy on stage ... I got replies as tho people believed his name was HAL OWEN
-
Not sure anyone caught my joke earlier about the pumpkin head guy on stage ... I got replies as tho people believed his name was HAL OWEN
-
-
Drafting A RB in the first round in today’s NFL is pure genius when you have no oline. The browns are lucky with the other AFCN picks. Browns are gonna take the division
-
-
-
-
Day 1 Starter.
I absolutely love it. Getting talent and depth at CB is never a bad idea in my book. Remember some of our games last year when it felt like if the opposition got the ball back there'd be NO WAY to stop them at the end? Dallas, Cincy, and the week 17 Steelers game all felt like we'd be in deep trouble if not for our offense salting it away. But with a stout secondary, I feel MUCH more confident.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

