Skip to content

Jeremiah was a Bullfrog

The Browns Board
42 17 1.7k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Do you know anything about football? Have you no idea why they called them the Monsters of the Midway?

    "Middle linebackers

    Within their acclaimed defenses, the Bears have been described as having a particularly strong legacy at middle linebacker, with players often being referred to as "Monsters in the Middle", a play on the Monsters of the Midway nickname.[6] This is mainly due to the play of Bill George, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, and Brian Urlacher"

    Given the fact that one of the biggest DTs in Butkus' era was Dallas' Bob Lilly at 6'5" 260, Butkus at 6'3" 245 was absolutely huge for a LB, even for MLB.

    Do better research next time you throw shit on the board.

    So sue me... I had always heard he was undersized and I honestly don't know where that came from.. My bad.. I always thought he looked small.. none the less... To me... He the benchmark at LB'er.. Him and Ray Nitschke set standards at the position.. I would have to include Sam huff too... I just remember Butkus being in our backfield on every play just about in the 70's.. Poor Mike Phipps was lousy.. But he didnt have a chance with our shitass line then.... No QB did... But all the same.. Brian Sipe came along and helped us forget Mike Phipps..

    @nickers said:

     I just remember Butkus being in our backfield on every play just about in the 70's.. Poor Mike Phipps was lousy.. But he didnt have a chance with our shitass line then....

    Nickers memory is as shitty as his knowledge on the matter.

    The Bears played the Browns ONCE in the seven seasons Mike Phipps was a member of the Cleveland Browns. 

  • My opinion - the Browns will have him all over the place, driving offenses to try to know what the defense

    is going to be doing. Owusu is far more Derwine James than Isaiah Simmons. Simmons is amazing, but at 6'4", 238, he is more

       Simmons was more of an amazingly athletic lb, and Owusu is more a true safety that can play all sorts of positions like the squealers used to do with Troy Pollywannaquacker.

      Simmons had a tough rookie year - they ran a lot of 3-4 and that didn't fit.