Skip to content

Andrew Berry

The Browns Board
16 12 622 1
  • I'll wait another season before I christen him...

  • I'll wait another season before I christen him...

    @nickers said:

    I'll wait another season before I christen him...

    Ah, the eternal optimist.???

    Between the draft and the FA signings this year and last, this can truly be called the new Browns and Berry is the best we have had. And if he somehow gets a re-sign from SR, give the man a crown.?

  • Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA

  • Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA

    @bigalow80 said:

    Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA

    JOK, or "Tim" as I have dubbed him, was the one guy that I thought could wreck "The Browns Do Not Put Much Stock In LBs" narrative. I had zero thought that the Browns would take someone like Zaven Collins in Round 1 (even if he was available) but JOK/Tim was the hybrid LB/Safety guy that really fit what the Browns are trying to do. 

  • Pretty sure we can come up with a synonym for "did really well" other than felony manslaughter..

    Outside of that, seems just a question of value and the quality of players available.. LB are obviously a position and given a choice, let's play an All-Pro..

  • Pretty sure we can come up with a synonym for "did really well" other than felony manslaughter..

    Outside of that, seems just a question of value and the quality of players available.. LB are obviously a position and given a choice, let's play an All-Pro..

    @unsympathetic said:

    Pretty sure we can come up with a synonym for "did really well" other than felony manslaughter..

    I think it is a take off on "he killed it".   

    So, if you do not like those idioms,  how about:   "He earned his doctorate" in his field.   Or  "He won the Oscar  for Best  GM....or, at least, was nominated".  

    Or, how about:  "He scored like Joe DiMaggio"  (meaning both his baseball career and his marriage to  Marilyn Monroe). 

    Outside of that, seems just a question of value and the quality of players available.. LB are obviously a position and given a choice, let's play an All-Pro..

    On the question of value and quality of the players he took.....we should always heed the advice:   Wait  3-5 years. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Pretty sure we can come up with a synonym for "did really well" other than felony manslaughter..

    I think it is a take off on "he killed it".   

    So, if you do not like those idioms,  how about:   "He earned his doctorate" in his field.   Or  "He won the Oscar  for Best  GM....or, at least, was nominated".  

    Or, how about:  "He scored like Joe DiMaggio"  (meaning both his baseball career and his marriage to  Marilyn Monroe). 

    Outside of that, seems just a question of value and the quality of players available.. LB are obviously a position and given a choice, let's play an All-Pro..

    On the question of value and quality of the players he took.....we should always heed the advice:   Wait  3-5 years. 

    @the-gipper said:

    On the question of value and quality of the players he took.....we should always heed the advice:   Wait  3-5 years. 

    some can get a better window view after only 2... Who's coaching them? Munchak & Callahan or ____________?.... See also our once drafted Jabril Peppers..put him with Dean Pee's vs Gregg Williams? Pro coaching is such a huge factor... just ask Cleveland.. it takes a whole great staff.. not just one >>> 

    That now became a huge Steeler issue.. 

  • Well,  let's go back   5 years,   to the 2016 draft,   and see who,  by one particular  metric  (PFR CA)    had the  5 best scores, and the 5 worst scores:

    Top 5:

    Dallas:   196   included  Zeke/Dak

    Titans   154   included  Conklin and Henry

    Jax   139    include Jalen Ramsey  and Ngakoue

    Atlanta   135   (Included Austin Hooper)

    Baltimore   130   included Matt Judon, now gone

    Lowest  5:

    Arizona   24

    Minnesota   27

    Tampa Bay  44

    Washington and Buffalo   47

    (next lowest:  Pittsburgh)

  • Same Deal  for  3 years ago,  2018.    Best/worst  PFRCA numbers:

    Top  5:

    Baltimore  160   (Jackson)

    Indianapolis  154   (Quenton/  Leonard

    Cleveland   103

    Buffalo   100   

    San Francisco   90

    Bottom 5:

    Kansas City  28

    New Orleans  30

    Philadelphia  36

    NY Jets  39

    Tennessee  41

    Of course...it is fair to point out that the last two  Super Bowl Champs each appeared in the Bottom 5 of these years.  (I know that  2017 was good to KC with Holmes in there)

  • We are in very good hands ...

    ANDREW-BERRY-KEVIN-STEFANSKI-BROWNS-Fuente-Akron-Beacon-Journal-1024x755.jpg

  • @bigalow80 said:

    Did you guys see how Berry started his Round 2 presser after taking JOK? He said, "I'll start by asking you guys a question: Is this a fever dream or did the browns actually trade up AND took a LBer? I'm curious." Trolling 1000% and I love it.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=andrew+berry+round+2+press+conference&atb=v250-1&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK4L4a9kJ_XA

    JOK, or "Tim" as I have dubbed him, was the one guy that I thought could wreck "The Browns Do Not Put Much Stock In LBs" narrative. I had zero thought that the Browns would take someone like Zaven Collins in Round 1 (even if he was available) but JOK/Tim was the hybrid LB/Safety guy that really fit what the Browns are trying to do. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    JOK, or "Tim" as I have dubbed him

    If this the "Tim" of which you speak?

  • Seems like he did a good job. What else can you ask for?