Skip to content

UDFAs

The Browns Board
38 12 1.8k 1
  • I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

  • I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    @nickers said:

    I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

  • @nickers said:

    I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

    I'm not...

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

    I'm not...

    @nickers said:

    I'm not...

    If Parkey is the guy they need to open up First Energy during any inclement weather and let him kick and figure it out and Hire Dawson as a consultant.  He ain’t gonna figure it out kicking in Berea. 

  • @nickers said:

    I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

    Not if it's over 45 yards

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    This is My minor complaint this offseason.  

    Parkey could be responsible for 2/3 games this coming year.  Are we confident he will deliver? 

    Not if it's over 45 yards

    @bob806 said:

    Not if it's over 45 yards

    his max is 38yrds

  • @bob806 said:

    Not if it's over 45 yards

    his max is 38yrds

    @nickers said:

    his max is 38yrds

    He's made a few from 40+.

    The other problem is he rarely kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs, drives me nuts. 

  • @nickers said:

    his max is 38yrds

    He's made a few from 40+.

    The other problem is he rarely kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs, drives me nuts. 

    @bob806 said:

    He's made a few from 40+.

    The other problem is he rarely kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs, drives me nuts. 

    He's too inconsistent for my taste non the less... I would like to see this position greatly improved..

  • @bob806 said:

    He's made a few from 40+.

    The other problem is he rarely kicks it out of the endzone on kickoffs, drives me nuts. 

    He's too inconsistent for my taste non the less... I would like to see this position greatly improved..

    @nickers said:

    He's too inconsistent for my taste non the less... I would like to see this position greatly improved..

    Agree. I'm sure they'll bring in a few kickers to camp. Parkey has to know he isn't a lock for the job.

  • 10 placekicker post's should break a BB record..  ? ?... (why not 11?) 

    McCrane, Matthew SF20 .....we have protected this unknown on our PS

     since?

    McCrane was signed to the Cleveland Browns' practice squad on September 22, 2020.[18]

    and again...

    McCrane was signed to a reserve/futures contract by the Browns on January 18, 2021.[19]   he's got be worth something? maybe?

    Sure Berry will bring in kicker camp legs... but that guy, can't be just hoping to hang some flutters thru our goal pipes... It takes a driver style kicker in Cleveland.. personally, I did not see one in this draft class.. Even the great Justin Tucker missed a extra point in his last visit into Cleveland..( but damm he crushed that heartbreaking game winning 55 yarder 😡) 

    Final camp cut downs.. the list should welcome many Parkey job seekers... stay tuned

  • @bob806 said:

    Not if it's over 45 yards

    his max is 38yrds

    @nickers said:

    his max is 38yrds

    Phil Dawson:  FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 72.5% success rate

    Cody Parkey: FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 75.8% success rate

  • @nickers said:

    his max is 38yrds

    Phil Dawson:  FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 72.5% success rate

    Cody Parkey: FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 75.8% success rate

    @dutch-oven said:

    Phil Dawson:  FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 72.5% success rate

    Cody Parkey: FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 75.8% success rate

    are you serious? I'm shocked myself...keep printing them (s)Parkey jerseys ?

  • I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    @nickers said:

    I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    Half the kickers in the league are guys that got cut from other teams.   If they don't think Parkey will work,  they  will  find some guy on the wires somewhere. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Phil Dawson:  FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 72.5% success rate

    Cody Parkey: FG attempts in his career 40 yards or longer: 75.8% success rate

    are you serious? I'm shocked myself...keep printing them (s)Parkey jerseys ?

    @gumby73 said:

    are you serious? I'm shocked myself...keep printing them (s)Parkey jerseys ?

    I knew nickers "he can't kick anything beyond 38 yards" comment was typical nickers idiocy, but I was pretty damn shocked to come up with those results!

    I'm sure he will have competition come this training camp. 

  • @nickers said:

    I still can't believe.. No kicker to replace Cody "I suck" Parkey...

    Half the kickers in the league are guys that got cut from other teams.   If they don't think Parkey will work,  they  will  find some guy on the wires somewhere. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Half the kickers in the league are guys that got cut from other teams.   If they don't think Parkey will work,  they  will  find some guy on the wires somewhere. 

    God I can only hope so...

  • Four more... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2021-rookie-signings-from-all-32-nfl-teams-in-one-spot-following-nfl-draft/

    Cleveland Browns

    • DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State - actually started out pretty high o boards... and then came his ProDay.
    • RB Tre Harbison, Charlotte - any 411, gum? Measurables are unremarkable...
    • CB Manny Rugamba, Miami (OH) - What he lacks in size he makes up for with lack of speed???
    • DE Romeo McKnight, Illinois State - His 40 was shit (4.98), but a slow 10-yd split(1.67) put it in the dumpster before he got rolling and his Vert (38") and Broad Jump (9'10) both say he has more burst than his split showed.

    image.png.5fb13e712ffe370c6b0c62b7449d5a89.pngimage.png.96a061ff2290d3b901c5fd4c4a3cde01.png

    image.png.5e7d5fda85aa87c5e36035de383ce653.pngimage.png.ef9e7a71d9a3333c66b43c0387d82214.png

  • Ones that got away... at least for now...

    • Cincinnati Bengals - RB Pooka Williams Jr., Kansas 

    • Jacksonville Jaguars - LB Dylan Moses, Alabama; WR Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illinois 

    • Minnesota Vikings - WR Whop Philyor, Indiana;  LB Tuf Borland, Ohio State

  • Just occurred to me that we are not an attractive UDFA destination. Going to be tough for most of these signings to even make the PS.

    Price of the roster we've assembled.

    What a nice problem to have... 😁

  • Just occurred to me that we are not an attractive UDFA destination. Going to be tough for most of these signings to even make the PS.

    Price of the roster we've assembled.

    What a nice problem to have... 😁

    @tour2ma said:

    Just occurred to me that we are not an attractive UDFA destination. Going to be tough for most of these signings to even make the PS.

    Price of the roster we've assembled.

    What a nice problem to have... 😁

    I’d be chomping at the bit as a DT or K...but yeah  all other spots it is the price of the progress we’ve made.

    Our 3rd string QB we got from the Giants is no good.  So you would think maybe QB too and  We’ve got a potential backup spot in 2022 if you look at Keenum’s cap number. 

  • Four more... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2021-rookie-signings-from-all-32-nfl-teams-in-one-spot-following-nfl-draft/

    Cleveland Browns

    • DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State - actually started out pretty high o boards... and then came his ProDay.
    • RB Tre Harbison, Charlotte - any 411, gum? Measurables are unremarkable...
    • CB Manny Rugamba, Miami (OH) - What he lacks in size he makes up for with lack of speed???
    • DE Romeo McKnight, Illinois State - His 40 was shit (4.98), but a slow 10-yd split(1.67) put it in the dumpster before he got rolling and his Vert (38") and Broad Jump (9'10) both say he has more burst than his split showed.

    image.png.5fb13e712ffe370c6b0c62b7449d5a89.pngimage.png.96a061ff2290d3b901c5fd4c4a3cde01.png

    image.png.5e7d5fda85aa87c5e36035de383ce653.pngimage.png.ef9e7a71d9a3333c66b43c0387d82214.png

    @tour2ma said:

    • CB Manny Rugamba, Miami (OH) - What he lacks in size he makes up for with lack of speed???

    And he’s my new favorite UDFA! Gotta root for the Miami guy.

    His highlight reel is underwhelming as well with an awful lot of plays showing how good he is in run support. But we need that right? Corners who can cover receivers are fine and all, but we need corners who can stuff the run too. Tough, smart and accountable.

    I’m rooting for you Manny!