Skip to content

With The 32nd Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft ....

The Browns Board
12 5 440
  • OK on a more serious note, we would have a real shot at Texas A&M TE Jalen Wydermyer in that area if we took it all.

  • ProFootballNetwork  mock draft for 2022:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-an-unheralded-passer-goes-first-overall/2/

    They have a QB from Liberty....yes, Liberty,  going #1 overall. 

  • I know I will be watching DLinemen (DE and DTs) and WRs intently this upcoming college football season. 

    After this season ends, I believe the only DLinemen on the Browns under contract will by Myles Garrett, Jordan Elliot and Tommy Togiai (assuming the last two make the team for the 2021 season). 

    We all know the big portion of the salary cap devoted to Landry and OBJ at the WR position, and once again Higgins will be a free agent after this season. Down Rt. 71, there's two potential first round WRs in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

    I'd also hit the OLine next year in the draft, for sure. Looking at the starting five as of today (and assuming they are the starting five during the season) of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, Teller and Conklin, four of them have some to major question marks on how much longer they will be with the Browns. Wills is a mainstay, but Bitonio. Tretter and Conklin are all fairly expensive veterans, and Teller is a free agent after this season who may command a big contract. Finding immediate and/or eventual replacements for those four is an obvious need for next year's draft.  

  • I know I will be watching DLinemen (DE and DTs) and WRs intently this upcoming college football season. 

    After this season ends, I believe the only DLinemen on the Browns under contract will by Myles Garrett, Jordan Elliot and Tommy Togiai (assuming the last two make the team for the 2021 season). 

    We all know the big portion of the salary cap devoted to Landry and OBJ at the WR position, and once again Higgins will be a free agent after this season. Down Rt. 71, there's two potential first round WRs in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

    I'd also hit the OLine next year in the draft, for sure. Looking at the starting five as of today (and assuming they are the starting five during the season) of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, Teller and Conklin, four of them have some to major question marks on how much longer they will be with the Browns. Wills is a mainstay, but Bitonio. Tretter and Conklin are all fairly expensive veterans, and Teller is a free agent after this season who may command a big contract. Finding immediate and/or eventual replacements for those four is an obvious need for next year's draft.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know I will be watching DLinemen (DE and DTs) and WRs intently this upcoming college football season. 

    After this season ends, I believe the only DLinemen on the Browns under contract will by Myles Garrett, Jordan Elliot and Tommy Togiai (assuming the last two make the team for the 2021 season). 

    We all know the big portion of the salary cap devoted to Landry and OBJ at the WR position, and once again Higgins will be a free agent after this season. Down Rt. 71, there's two potential first round WRs in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

    I'd also hit the OLine next year in the draft, for sure. Looking at the starting five as of today (and assuming they are the starting five during the season) of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, Teller and Conklin, four of them have some to major question marks on how much longer they will be with the Browns. Wills is a mainstay, but Bitonio. Tretter and Conklin are all fairly expensive veterans, and Teller is a free agent after this season who may command a big contract. Finding immediate and/or eventual replacements for those four is an obvious need for next year's draft.  

    Seriously Leal will likely be a top 10 pick if he comes out early and I think we will be good enough this year to have to trade up to get him. Like Garrett he is flexible enough to come inside or out on the DL. They use him that way now at A&M so he is used to it also.

  • Clemson has some dudes upfront not sure if they are 22 or 23 eligible.

    Zach Harrison OSU DE physical tools are there. 

  • Of course it is way too early to have a mock draft, but what the hell, let's look ahead anyways. From today's Plain Dealer, writer Matt Goul gives it a crack. At worst, this will give everyone a basic idea of who to watch this coming season.

    1. Detroit: Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma

    2. Jacksonville: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

    3. Carolina: Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon

    4. NY Jets: Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson

    5. Houston: Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

    6. Cincinnati: DeMarvin Leal, DE/DT, Texas A&M

    7. Philadelphia: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

    8. NY Giants: Drake Jackson, DE/OLB, USC

    9. Las Vegas: Chris Olave, WR, The Ohio State University

    10. LA Chargers: Garrett Wilson, WR, The Ohio State University

    11. Philadelphia: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

    12. Atlanta: Zach Harrison, DE, The Ohio State University

    13. NY Giants: John Metchie, WR, Alabama

    14. New Orleans: J.T. Daniels, QB, Georgia

    15. Indianapolis: Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky

    16. Denver: Nik Bonitto, DE, Oklahoma

    17. Pittsburgh: Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss

    18. Dallas: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

    19. Washington: Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, The Ohio State University

    20. Arizona: Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati

    21. NY Jets: Tykee Smith, S, West Virginia

    22. Miami: Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia

    23. Tennessee: Aidan Hutchinson, DE, TTUN

    24. New England: Tyler Lindenbaum, C, Iowa

    25. Detroit: Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB, TCU

    26. Minnesota: Zion Tupuola-Fetui, DE, Washington

    27. Green Bay: Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

    28. Buffalo: George Karloftis, DE, Purdue

    29. Baltimore: Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama

    30. Kansas City: Jamaree Salyer, OG, Georgia

    31. Cleveland: Tyreke Smith, DE, The Ohio State University

    32. Tampa Bay: Zion Nelson, OT, Miami

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I know I will be watching DLinemen (DE and DTs) and WRs intently this upcoming college football season. 

    After this season ends, I believe the only DLinemen on the Browns under contract will by Myles Garrett, Jordan Elliot and Tommy Togiai (assuming the last two make the team for the 2021 season). 

    We all know the big portion of the salary cap devoted to Landry and OBJ at the WR position, and once again Higgins will be a free agent after this season. Down Rt. 71, there's two potential first round WRs in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

    I'd also hit the OLine next year in the draft, for sure. Looking at the starting five as of today (and assuming they are the starting five during the season) of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, Teller and Conklin, four of them have some to major question marks on how much longer they will be with the Browns. Wills is a mainstay, but Bitonio. Tretter and Conklin are all fairly expensive veterans, and Teller is a free agent after this season who may command a big contract. Finding immediate and/or eventual replacements for those four is an obvious need for next year's draft.  

    Seriously Leal will likely be a top 10 pick if he comes out early and I think we will be good enough this year to have to trade up to get him. Like Garrett he is flexible enough to come inside or out on the DL. They use him that way now at A&M so he is used to it also.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Seriously Leal will likely be a top 10 pick if he comes out early and I think we will be good enough this year to have to trade up to get him. Like Garrett he is flexible enough to come inside or out on the DL. They use him that way now at A&M so he is used to it also.

    I think we are going to have to start  calling you   "Woody West".    You both just pay attention to guys that come out of  one school.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Seriously Leal will likely be a top 10 pick if he comes out early and I think we will be good enough this year to have to trade up to get him. Like Garrett he is flexible enough to come inside or out on the DL. They use him that way now at A&M so he is used to it also.

    I think we are going to have to start  calling you   "Woody West".    You both just pay attention to guys that come out of  one school.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think we are going to have to start  calling you   "Woody West".    You both just pay attention to guys that come out of  one school.

    Actually that is just the ones you see that I bring here. I also discussed Dak, Henry, Chubb & Michel, as well as others from the SEC. Now I will admit that since I see a lot of SEC down here I bring that focus with me to the BB. Guilty. And if you notice this year I did not really say much about A&M players because I did not feel we had many really good ones of interest to the Browns betterment as a team. But those 3 for next year are really going to be first rounders and all 3 would help this team be better in those positions.

  • https://sportsnaut.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-projections-top-prospects/

    Most other mocks like this one have Howell as the better QB. I agree with them. This one also has Kenyon Green coming out early from A&M, but since he is switching from Guard to Left Tackle, I am not sure he will come out. He is left out of most mocks for that reason I think. Or just no views on him yet as a LT in the SEC.

  • ProFootballNetwork  mock draft for 2022:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-an-unheralded-passer-goes-first-overall/2/

    They have a QB from Liberty....yes, Liberty,  going #1 overall. 

    @the-gipper said:

    ProFootballNetwork  mock draft for 2022:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-an-unheralded-passer-goes-first-overall/2/

    They have a QB from Liberty....yes, Liberty,  going #1 overall. 

    I suppose picking someone from Liberty is extra insurance  at the position ...