Why didnt Quinn play more?
-
well the 1st half is all the QB comp lasts for and since DA was playing well the first Quarter he was played in the spirit of competition. Quinn's drives did not go great and hence he did not have that many snaps. Now Ratliff is playing the whole second half .
-
because it's time to get the starters more work. Opening day is right around the corner.
-
lums STFU oo have you decided who your favorite pro football team is yet?
-
hey Lumberg didnt you say its time to get the starter in there then why isnt Quinn in there? Do you really think that Anderson is going to start lol. I have to admit i came into this season impartial and its a no brainer choice right now Quinn. I like the thought of having Anderson as a backup but we saw how he reacted to last years benching. I think it went wimper wimper. And when he had his chance after Queen got hurt he choked.
-
Because like i said mangini has the hots for DA and that was enough to look convincing in choosing DA as the starter otherwise if da had a bad game the competition would go on until da had a hot game...
Mangini also has the hots for ratliff whom absolutely sucks imho....

-
@jadbf said:
LOL you read the thread titles and can just predict Lums responses. Even he can knock these softballs out of the park...LOL! I hate to admit this J but I find Loverboy hilarious. The kid's just in love.
Not to get too heebeegeebee on us but we have to remember Loverboy was DA's high school ballboy. I guess when you hold your hometown hero's balls for a certain period of time the attraction grows.
- Tom F.
-
@jadbf said:
LOL you read the thread titles and can just predict Lums responses. Even he can knock these softballs out of the park...LOL! I hate to admit this J but I find Loverboy hilarious. The kid's just in love.
Not to get too heebeegeebee on us but we have to remember Loverboy was DA's high school ballboy. I guess when you hold your hometown hero's balls for a certain period of time the attraction grows.
- Tom F.
LOL! I hate to admit this J but I find Loverboy hilarious. The kid's just in love.
Not to get too heebeegeebee on us but we have to remember Loverboy was DA's high school ballboy. I guess when you hold your hometown hero's balls for a certain period of time the attraction grows.
- Tom F.
Worst thing that could have ever happened for Lumfreddy was to have Derek Bear come back in for the two minute drive. See folks, this is why Mangie does these kinds of things, he wanted to see what would happen.
What he saw was a guy who was going to eat the ball before half without even taking a look downfield. Two yard passes, piss poor clock management (shocker)--I loved when Berns was saying to call for a measurement. yeah right, good one Berns, DA will get right on that. ---So even though he's desperately trying to get out of the half riding the laurels of his seam routes against putrid man coverage, he still manages to fook up like an idiot. Completely ill advised pass that could have been taken to the house, but either way got them 3 points they didn't have before.
This is what we talk about. I know, some of the Trailers are going to claim it really was a perfect pass to Davis. It's cute, but unfortunately just not true. Maybe in a "mom, I just saw a ghost" it would be true, but in this case it was a typical boneheaded jackdick maneuver by DA that he will always, always do. This was the Lions people, and they showed up about as much as the Browns did last week.
DA looked damn good in the first quarter. Yeah, he missed the Edwards pass but Braylons didn't do much to help him out there. That type of game is DA's bread and butter. Godawful team not scheming, guys running open 15 to 25 yards downfield and good protection. I think most would be a moron to not know DA can tear that shit up, but unfortunately that is not going to be what we see come opening day and in at least 4 of our conference games, and that's being conservative.
We're going to need DA at some point this year, so I'm glad he had a bit of a confidence booster until the inevitable meltdown that he almost eeked out of.
And to Lumsford, that kinda put the kabosh on your Banty Roostering for awhile didn't it? Or are you and Drunky still going to swear up and down that was a helluva accurate throw and wonderful decision the Dumbslinger made?
-
Hey thanks for the thanks Mik. Guess I put this in the wrong thread, Lumsford musta missed it.
-
DA did do a good job tonight until the ill advised rocket high and behind Davis was picked.
That is just to remind us that there is a "Good DA" and "Bad DA". And as soon as you relax and try to get comfortable with him, he will break your heart. He does a great Kelly Holcomb and that's what he should be coming off the bench as a backup.
As good as he was in the forst quarter, he was playing against the Lions and it really was Cribb's show, not Anderson's. I already know what Anderson brings to the table, I want to see if Quinn is a franchise QB, I know DA is too inconsistent to be one.
BTW, talk about getting the shot end of the deal. As soon as Quinn took the offense down the field against a much superior defense last week he gets the hook for DA. Why did DA get all the 1st qtr reps with the #1's in great field position? I like how Lum says he put the 3 points on the board after the Int. Better said he failed in the red zone to move the team and had to settle for a FG.
-
DA did do a good job tonight until the ill advised rocket high and behind Davis was picked.
That is just to remind us that there is a "Good DA" and "Bad DA". And as soon as you relax and try to get comfortable with him, he will break your heart. He does a great Kelly Holcomb and that's what he should be coming off the bench as a backup.
As good as he was in the forst quarter, he was playing against the Lions and it really was Cribb's show, not Anderson's. I already know what Anderson brings to the table, I want to see if Quinn is a franchise QB, I know DA is too inconsistent to be one.
BTW, talk about getting the shot end of the deal. As soon as Quinn took the offense down the field against a much superior defense last week he gets the hook for DA. Why did DA get all the 1st qtr reps with the #1's in great field position? I like how Lum says he put the 3 points on the board after the Int. Better said he failed in the red zone to move the team and had to settle for a FG.
That is just to remind us that there is a "Good DA" and "Bad DA". And as soon as you relax and try to get comfortable with him, he will break your heart. He does a great Kelly Holcomb and that's what he should be coming off the bench as a backup.
I have been saying he is Holcomb part deux since 2006.
-
LOL! I hate to admit this J but I find Loverboy hilarious. The kid's just in love.
Not to get too heebeegeebee on us but we have to remember Loverboy was DA's high school ballboy. I guess when you hold your hometown hero's balls for a certain period of time the attraction grows.
- Tom F.
Worst thing that could have ever happened for Lumfreddy was to have Derek Bear come back in for the two minute drive. See folks, this is why Mangie does these kinds of things, he wanted to see what would happen.
What he saw was a guy who was going to eat the ball before half without even taking a look downfield. Two yard passes, piss poor clock management (shocker)--I loved when Berns was saying to call for a measurement. yeah right, good one Berns, DA will get right on that. ---So even though he's desperately trying to get out of the half riding the laurels of his seam routes against putrid man coverage, he still manages to fook up like an idiot. Completely ill advised pass that could have been taken to the house, but either way got them 3 points they didn't have before.
This is what we talk about. I know, some of the Trailers are going to claim it really was a perfect pass to Davis. It's cute, but unfortunately just not true. Maybe in a "mom, I just saw a ghost" it would be true, but in this case it was a typical boneheaded jackdick maneuver by DA that he will always, always do. This was the Lions people, and they showed up about as much as the Browns did last week.
DA looked damn good in the first quarter. Yeah, he missed the Edwards pass but Braylons didn't do much to help him out there. That type of game is DA's bread and butter. Godawful team not scheming, guys running open 15 to 25 yards downfield and good protection. I think most would be a moron to not know DA can tear that shit up, but unfortunately that is not going to be what we see come opening day and in at least 4 of our conference games, and that's being conservative.
We're going to need DA at some point this year, so I'm glad he had a bit of a confidence booster until the inevitable meltdown that he almost eeked out of.
And to Lumsford, that kinda put the kabosh on your Banty Roostering for awhile didn't it? Or are you and Drunky still going to swear up and down that was a helluva accurate throw and wonderful decision the Dumbslinger made?
Worst thing that could have ever happened for Lumfreddy was to have Derek Bear come back in for the two minute drive. See folks, this is why Mangie does these kinds of things, he wanted to see what would happen.
That was a GREAT post Riff!
Maybe you can get Zombo to stop pretending he's Mary Lou Retton straddling that pommel horse. We might need to put a unicorn on that sucker.
- Tom F.
-
You don't call for a measurement when you've already made the 1st down....
Peace
T.Dawg
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login
