Skip to content

Did Anyone Else Notice...

The Browns Board
4 4 823
  • I hope everyone else was pleased to see Eric Wright jump that rout and pick off Stafford. Maybe it is just that he was playing against a rookie, but hopefully this is a sign that he is developing into a better corner which includes getting better at reading qbs.

  • I think his play last week on the deep ball attempt better showed Wright is continueing to develop. There he was in man coverage and wisely used the sideline as the extra defender, along with waiting until the WR looked for the ball before he did.

    Last night, that play was a play even rookie CBs make in zone coverage. He stayed home and read the QBs eyes. It was a smart play by Wright, but I have seen him make that play since day one.

  • I like what I see in Wright... Seems he never makes the same mistake twice...

    Before the season is over we may see Wright and Francies (I thought it was i before e except after c ??? lol) as our corners....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • Wright, Hood, McDonald, and Francies have all looked good. Francies did get burnt twice last night, though, but its only his second NFL game action. Pool has been quiet, which can be a good thing or bad thing at times. Elam is all or nothing. Even Ivy and Poteat played well last night. Adams has been in on a couple good plays. I really like our secondary right now.