What a difference a week makes
-
Like to state Robaire smith shined this week... with Coleman,rogers and robaire up front...we have a good 3-4 Dl against the run.
Also has anyone seen Bowens play yet...haven't seen him in there to my recollection. I'm on board for trading Corey Williams if Robairre is back!
I thought so as well. Though I'll save my judgement until they play real games.
I haven't seen Bowens on the field yet.
I would not trade C. Williams. All it takes is one injury and he is going to be needed. With Smith on a repaired leg, I'd rather not risk counting on him for 16 games.
Masters said:
I would not trade C. Williams. All it takes is one injury and he is going to be needed.Could be what this is about:
-
Masters said:
I would not trade C. Williams. All it takes is one injury and he is going to be needed.Could be what this is about:
Aloysius said:
Could be what this is about:Could be. Or could mean Leonard or another guy isn't cutting it. But interesting they are bringing in a DL this late in the game. Someone isn't cutting it.
-
@jadbf said:
Your take on him Al?Don't know much about him, except that Phil Savage once tried to claim him off waivers.
-
Admittedly, I didn't see anything with Steinbach, but I have been, & continue to be, a big fan of Maiava's. On his 1st ST tackle Saturday, he didn't bite on the "jukes"...instead, he wrapped the guy up in both arms & planted him! I am convinced we got a real steal with this young man. Like Cribbs, he's a "football player". No hyped up superstar, just the kind of blue collar worker who helps a team win.
Mike
-
I don't understand why no one thinks Maiava could start on the defense, I think he'll end up being the starter at ILB alongside D'Qwell once Barton is no longer on the team or is retired(and Barton was great last season).
-
I don't understand why no one thinks Maiava could start on the defense, I think he'll end up being the starter at ILB alongside D'Qwell once Barton is no longer on the team or is retired(and Barton was great last season).
I don't understand why no one thinks Maiava could start on the defense, I think he'll end up being the starter at ILB alongside D'Qwell once Barton is no longer on the team or is retired(and Barton was great last season).
I don't think either one can play the SILB spot adequately enough. That's a brutal position needing a brutish player. I just can't see either one smashing their face into 320+ pound OGs for 40+ plays per game.
-Al
-
I don't understand why no one thinks Maiava could start on the defense, I think he'll end up being the starter at ILB alongside D'Qwell once Barton is no longer on the team or is retired(and Barton was great last season).
I don't understand why no one thinks Maiava could start on the defense, I think he'll end up being the starter at ILB alongside D'Qwell once Barton is no longer on the team or is retired(and Barton was great last season).
Beef,
I think you're on the right track with this kid. I think the plan with him is to let him crack in excelling on special teams and eventually get him some occasional reps on D. I think we might see him in the mix by mid-season. As you said, Barton isn't getting any younger and guys can get dinged up. I'm sure Shaun Rogers will do a good job of keeping bodies off our ILBers. Rubin looks much improved holding his ground and playing with better leverage/base than last year IMO. That'll work well for our ILBers too.
- Tom F.
-
Like to state Robaire smith shined this week... with Coleman,rogers and robaire up front...we have a good 3-4 Dl against the run.
Also has anyone seen Bowens play yet...haven't seen him in there to my recollection. I'm on board for trading Corey Williams if Robairre is back!
Like to state Robaire smith shined this week... with Coleman,rogers and robaire up front...we have a good 3-4 Dl against the run.
Also has anyone seen Bowens play yet...haven't seen him in there to my recollection. I'm on board for trading Corey Williams if Robairre is back!
So how do you trade a guy who has played lousy and been hurt. What do you really think we can get? ..seriously.. nothing of value.. Let's hope he is healthy, has another year under his belt in the 3-4 and improves.. he has way more value on the roster than traded for what??? 6th round pick.. I mean has he played well enough to generate a higher trade value.?? It's stupid to think anyone wants to give us anything of value.. better off keeping him .
-
Like to state Robaire smith shined this week... with Coleman,rogers and robaire up front...we have a good 3-4 Dl against the run.
Also has anyone seen Bowens play yet...haven't seen him in there to my recollection. I'm on board for trading Corey Williams if Robairre is back!
So how do you trade a guy who has played lousy and been hurt. What do you really think we can get? ..seriously.. nothing of value.. Let's hope he is healthy, has another year under his belt in the 3-4 and improves.. he has way more value on the roster than traded for what??? 6th round pick.. I mean has he played well enough to generate a higher trade value.?? It's stupid to think anyone wants to give us anything of value.. better off keeping him .
So how do you trade a guy who has played lousy and been hurt. What do you really think we can get? ..seriously.. nothing of value.. Let's hope he is healthy, has another year under his belt in the 3-4 and improves.. he has way more value on the roster than traded for what??? 6th round pick.. I mean has he played well enough to generate a higher trade value.?? It's stupid to think anyone wants to give us anything of value.. better off keeping him .
Because they simply don't want him. You don't keep somebody you don't want. They have been showcasing him all Augest.
-
So how do you trade a guy who has played lousy and been hurt. What do you really think we can get? ..seriously.. nothing of value.. Let's hope he is healthy, has another year under his belt in the 3-4 and improves.. he has way more value on the roster than traded for what??? 6th round pick.. I mean has he played well enough to generate a higher trade value.?? It's stupid to think anyone wants to give us anything of value.. better off keeping him .
Because they simply don't want him. You don't keep somebody you don't want. They have been showcasing him all Augest.
Because they simply don't want him. You don't keep somebody you don't want. They have been showcasing him all Augest.
SHOWCASE????? He has 2 tackles and 2 assists in 2 games...I have not heard anything about other teams being interested in him. His agent has said nothing about the browns trying to trade him.. I don't see it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login