Skip to content

START JAMES DAVIS

The Browns Board
52 20 3.5k
  • Think I may have found it:

    http://www.brainyhistory.com/events/1959/n...959_122021.html

    Bobby Mitchell

    Cleveland Browns' halfback Bobby Mitchell sets club record for longest run from scrimmage (90-yards), beat Washington 31-17

    Anybody know of a longer one? I love useless trivia...

  • Hey Timmy, I made a post trying to show how misleading statistics can be and mz the pussy responded by throwing out pittsburgh winning 6 super bowls as a straight line statistic.... And how am I on my high horse when mz the pussy is jumping on my post????? I made a statement and he replied and you my friend come across as all pissy...

    You want to start a thread on statistical analysis or geometric progressions then be my guest... Who knows, I may just bow to your superior knowledge....Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    You want to start a thread on statistical analysis or geometric progressions then be my guest...

    LOL....no thanks.

    I get more than enough of that in "real life."

    As for my "high horse" comment, your post did come across as rather condescending......something like "Yo, mz the pussy.. not to burst your bubble but <insert incorrect assertion about what constitutes a statistic.>"

    Followed by "here's why I think I know so much more than you do re: statistics/mathematics."

    Nope. No equestrian activity there whatsoever. 🙄

  • @daddybull1 said:

    You want to start a thread on statistical analysis or geometric progressions then be my guest...

    LOL....no thanks.

    I get more than enough of that in "real life."

    As for my "high horse" comment, your post did come across as rather condescending......something like "Yo, mz the pussy.. not to burst your bubble but <insert incorrect assertion about what constitutes a statistic.>"

    Followed by "here's why I think I know so much more than you do re: statistics/mathematics."

    Nope. No equestrian activity there whatsoever. 🙄

    @timugen said:

    LOL....no thanks.

    I get more than enough of that in "real life."

    As for my "high horse" comment, your post did come across as rather condescending......something like "Yo, mz the pussy.. not to burst your bubble but <insert incorrect assertion about what constitutes a statistic.>"

    Followed by "here's why I think I know so much more than you do re: statistics/mathematics."

    Nope. No equestrian activity there whatsoever. 🙄

    I will stay out of the statistics debate as I avoided that stuff like the plague when in school.

    Whether Davis starts or not doesn't really matter to me as i don't think Lewis is garbage as some claim. I do however think as the season numbers are totaled, Davis should gather more carries than does Lewis.

    If anybody has their touches reduced, it should be Lewis.

    I guess it is fair to say Lewis is a better bet to gain 3 yards while Davis is a better bet to gain more than 3.

    I wonder how statistics would reflect that??

  • Let's don't jump the gun. I saw him go down on quite a few arm tackles last night and looked just average against their #1's, which isn't a steller group. His big run was against their #3's.

    I say he opened some eyes and will make the team but I also think he is still behind Harrison and rightfully so. BTW, he sucks picking up the blitz. Needs to show big improvment their.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Let's don't jump the gun. I saw him go down on quite a few arm tackles last night and looked just average against their #1's, which isn't a steller group. His big run was against their #3's.

    What do you think J Lew was doing? He looks old. No matter how hard he chops his legs, it's not enough anymore. He looks like a Retard trying to scrum in rugby. They need to split carries.

  • Well if you're going to pass the torch as in Lewis case what better guy than one from your hometown that broke all of you're rushing records in highschool?

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Let's don't jump the gun. I saw him go down on quite a few arm tackles last night and looked just average against their #1's, which isn't a steller group. His big run was against their #3's.

    What do you think J Lew was doing? He looks old. No matter how hard he chops his legs, it's not enough anymore. He looks like a Retard trying to scrum in rugby. They need to split carries.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    No matter how hard he chops his legs, it's not enough anymore.

    When there are no holes to run through, every RB looks like that.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    No matter how hard he chops his legs, it's not enough anymore.

    When there are no holes to run through, every RB looks like that.

    Masters said:

    When there are no holes to run through, every RB looks like that.

    He's getting armed tackled by CB's. You think this is the same J Lew. Dude I am a big fan, but he just doesn't look the same. Now and at the end of last year.

    I am not talking holes, I understand that, he's not sheeding tacklers. 5 in this video.

  • Masters said:

    When there are no holes to run through, every RB looks like that.

    He's getting armed tackled by CB's. You think this is the same J Lew. Dude I am a big fan, but he just doesn't look the same. Now and at the end of last year.

    I am not talking holes, I understand that, he's not sheeding tacklers. 5 in this video.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    He's getting armed tackled by CB's. You think this is the same J Lew. Dude I am a big fan, but he just doesn't look the same. Now and at the end of last year.

    I am not talking holes, I understand that, he's not sheeding tacklers. 5 in this video.

    I have yet to see him get arm tackled by a CB. You have a clip of that, as I have missed that (last year and this preseason).

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    He's getting armed tackled by CB's. You think this is the same J Lew. Dude I am a big fan, but he just doesn't look the same. Now and at the end of last year.

    I am not talking holes, I understand that, he's not sheeding tacklers. 5 in this video.

    I have yet to see him get arm tackled by a CB. You have a clip of that, as I have missed that (last year and this preseason).

    Masters said:

    I have yet to see him get arm tackled by a CB. You have a clip of that, as I have missed that (last year and this preseason).

    Nope. Nothing on You Tube.

    07 = 4.4 YPC

    08 = 3.6 YPC

    09 Preseason = 2.8 YPC

    See a trend?

  • Masters said:

    I have yet to see him get arm tackled by a CB. You have a clip of that, as I have missed that (last year and this preseason).

    Nope. Nothing on You Tube.

    07 = 4.4 YPC

    08 = 3.6 YPC

    09 Preseason = 2.8 YPC

    See a trend?

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Nope. Nothing on You Tube.

    07 = 4.4 YPC

    08 = 3.6 YPC

    09 Preseason = 2.8 YPC

    See a trend?

    I do. Of course in watching the team, I have seen a trend where the run blocking has been worse than it was in 07'.

    Certainly JL is on the down side and numbers are going to drop. But it's hard to say where his drop off is to, when there have been little to no running lanes since 2007.

  • @jadbf said:

    And I think Lewis does hit the holes that are there

    Most any UDFA can do that.

    @jadbf said:

    It's not the bounce outside that Davis has over him now. It's that one cut juke within the hole that Lewis has lost. but that doesn't mean Lewis is done.

    If that is indeed the case, what are the advantages to starting Lewis over a guy like James Davis?

  • Lewis is done. He should not be the primary back for this football team. He can contribute, but no way is he a bell cow anymore. At least he shouldn't be.

  • Apart from the 81 yard TchDwn I do not see anything so impressive in James Davis that warrants him to get a start over Jamal Lewis. And if the argument is giong to be he is an unknown then i must say that we already have one unknown in Jerrome Harrison.

  • @jadbf said:

    If I were the coach, you'd see the distribution of carries go something like 35% to Lewis, 30% Davis, 25% to Harrison and 10% to the fullbacks ect.

    I will eat my proverbial hat if that's the actual distribution. It's a distribution I'd like, too.

    But I'm skeptical. Perhaps I need to just get myself out of the "Crennel Mode" I've been stuck in for the last few seasons. 🙂

  • @jadbf said:

    You just have to hope Mangini isn't quite as entrenched in it as Crennel was.

    It's not possible................is it...............?

  • @inspecta said:

    I know there were plenty of times in 08 where there was nothing in the middle but the outside was wide open, so instead of bouncing it to the outside he stubbornly chopped his feet behind the guard until a DT or LB came around and tackled him.

    A smaller more agile RB with more "spunk" say ohh I don't know a Jerome Harrison would of taken it outside and burned the D.

    You have to remember defenses are pinching when JL takes it up the middle, so in those cases the middle is going to be clogged and that will be the case no matter who the OL are. A RB has to have his eyes and head up and hitting the holes that ARE there..

    My exact point. He doesn't have the strength to do what he used to and is hurting the offense. He at least needs to bounce it out once and a while.

  • Apart from the 81 yard TchDwn I do not see anything so impressive in James Davis that warrants him to get a start over Jamal Lewis. And if the argument is giong to be he is an unknown then i must say that we already have one unknown in Jerrome Harrison.

    @brownindian said:

    Apart from the 81 yard TchDwn I do not see anything so impressive in James Davis that warrants him to get a start over Jamal Lewis. And if the argument is giong to be he is an unknown then i must say that we already have one unknown in Jerrome Harrison.

    I don't think it's James Davis being impressive, its J Lew being so unimpressive. I just think he needs more spells then he is used to getting. Harrison and Davis would be a good change.

  • JLew was unimpressive as was JDavis in the first half against the Lions.

  • I think they need to split up time between the backs to get the best durability out of Jamal, so just turn Jamal into a goal line TD vulture type back, and put him in situations like 3rd and short, but for everything else split the time between Harrison and Davis.

  • I think they need to split up time between the backs to get the best durability out of Jamal, so just turn Jamal into a goal line TD vulture type back, and put him in situations like 3rd and short, but for everything else split the time between Harrison and Davis.

    @beefjerky said:

    I think they need to split up time between the backs to get the best durability out of Jamal, so just turn Jamal into a goal line TD vulture type back, and put him in situations like 3rd and short, but for everything else split the time between Harrison and Davis.

    Like Thunder and Lightning.