Skip to content

Play calling DA VS QUINN

The Browns Board
18 11 1.0k
  • we were up by 20-0 no coach would risk an int on 3rd and long. he stayed with safe plays. it wasnt' biased playcalling

    @alendor said:

    we were up by 20-0 no coach would risk an int on 3rd and long. he stayed with safe plays. it wasnt' biased playcalling

    No risk at all....its not about winning, its about evaluating.

  • I could see Mangini not announcing his qb up until kickoff on week 1. Against a team that has us overmatched, it would make sense for him to make the Vikings prepare for both QBs. Meanwhile, Mangini should have a great strategy against the Vikings QB whom he coached last season

  • J JC

    @alendor said:

    we were up by 20-0 no coach would risk an int on 3rd and long. he stayed with safe plays. it wasnt' biased playcalling

    Risk? There is no risk in preseason. I don't think it was biased necessarily, just the way it shook out.

    @jc said:

    Risk? There is no risk in preseason. I don't think it was biased necessarily, just the way it shook out.

    because in the season it is a risk, hence they practiced it in preseason. just because the games don't count doesn't mean they are just gonna do boneheaded shit that makes no sense. they practice what they will do in the regular season.

  • we were up by 20-0 no coach would risk an int on 3rd and long. he stayed with safe plays. it wasnt' biased playcalling

    @alendor said:

    we were up by 20-0 no coach would risk an int on 3rd and long. he stayed with safe plays. it wasnt' biased playcalling

    I agree.....it crazy to think the staff is rigging the playcalling....AND...if they are, that means they do like Anderson more for whatever reason and are wanting that to show on the field. They see how players interact...it could be there is a tighter knit group with DA at the helm. That is only an example and nothing I know to be fact, but with all the talk of BQ's intangibles, it could be DA brings his own set as well and his are deemed more important by the staff than those of Quinn.

    It is that 07 season that Anderson has in his favor...and that is big. Coaches see that sort of thing and they don't easily toss it to the curb.

  • I can't believe I watched the same game as the rest of you....

    Is it so hard to give credit when credit is due?? DA played great that 1st quarter... Moved the ball down field, made good reads and adjustments and executed a nifty screen pass... What does the guy have to do to get some props??? The man had a 106 QB rating in the 1st quarter, if that were Quinn you'd all be saying the competition is over....

    Quinn clearly outplayed DA in Green Bay and DA clearly outplayed Quinn against Detroit---nothing more, nothing less...

    The bias on this board is unbelieveable....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    I can't believe I watched the same game as the rest of you....

    The man had a 106 QB rating in the 1st quarter

    Yeah but there is three more quarters in the game. If BQ looked sweet in the first and had a 106 rating and shit the bed in the second I would say something about his performance too. I am glad he started strong but he didn't finish the half strong and I doubt with the way he has played in the past that he would have gotten his rating anywhere back near 106. Manigini definitely was not happy about the int right before the half. Said Da should have ate it in his post game.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Quinn gets a no grade.

    Oh really?

    Did Mangini call you and tell you that?

    Here's what Quinn really got none of: POINTS

  • @shepwrite said:

    He was plagued by penalties, conservative playcalling, few opportunities, and he got hit trying to go deep to Braylon.

    and in his opening statement after the game he made sure to throw everybody under the bus.

    what a guy.

    QB Brady Quinn (On his performance)- “I think it went well but we had some penalties there that stopped a couple drives, and some unfortunate circumstances, and there are some things that we are still trying to work out. I didn’t have as many reps as last week so you just try to do the best you can with what you have to work with.”

    Hey I thought we used to have a saying on here.

    "If the team gets penalties it's because the QB doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

    Is that rule no longer in effect?

  • @shepwrite said:

    He was plagued by penalties, conservative playcalling, few opportunities, and he got hit trying to go deep to Braylon.

    and in his opening statement after the game he made sure to throw everybody under the bus.

    what a guy.

    QB Brady Quinn (On his performance)- “I think it went well but we had some penalties there that stopped a couple drives, and some unfortunate circumstances, and there are some things that we are still trying to work out. I didn’t have as many reps as last week so you just try to do the best you can with what you have to work with.”

    Hey I thought we used to have a saying on here.

    "If the team gets penalties it's because the QB doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

    Is that rule no longer in effect?

    @lumbergh said:

    "If the team gets penalties it's because the QB doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

    Is that rule no longer in effect?

    Um, that is never what people have said. But you keep going with the broad stroke. It works well for you 🙄

  • @shepwrite said:

    He was plagued by penalties, conservative playcalling, few opportunities, and he got hit trying to go deep to Braylon.

    and in his opening statement after the game he made sure to throw everybody under the bus.

    what a guy.

    QB Brady Quinn (On his performance)- “I think it went well but we had some penalties there that stopped a couple drives, and some unfortunate circumstances, and there are some things that we are still trying to work out. I didn’t have as many reps as last week so you just try to do the best you can with what you have to work with.”

    Hey I thought we used to have a saying on here.

    "If the team gets penalties it's because the QB doesn't know what the hell he's doing."

    Is that rule no longer in effect?

    @lumbergh said:

    and in his opening statement after the game he made sure to throw everybody under the bus.

    what a guy.

    QB Brady Quinn (On his performance)- “I think it went well but we had some penalties there that stopped a couple drives, and some unfortunate circumstances, and there are some things that we are still trying to work out. I didn’t have as many reps as last week so you just try to do the best you can with what you have to work with.”

    And where pray tell is the throwing under the bus? Seeing as how Brady said WE, WE and I. So who did he throw under the bus again?

  • @lumbergh said:

    and in his opening statement after the game he made sure to throw everybody under the bus.

    what a guy.

    QB Brady Quinn (On his performance)- “I think it went well but we had some penalties there that stopped a couple drives, and some unfortunate circumstances, and there are some things that we are still trying to work out. I didn’t have as many reps as last week so you just try to do the best you can with what you have to work with.”

    And where pray tell is the throwing under the bus? Seeing as how Brady said WE, WE and I. So who did he throw under the bus again?

    Masters said:

    And where pray tell is the throwing under the bus?

    If he didn't want to throw somebody under the bus he wouldn't have mentioned penalties, because we know well and good who he's throwing under the bus.

    Some Hyper-BQ-Crazy chick explains BQ Nation's feelings well:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/241467-...d-articles-body

  • Masters said:

    And where pray tell is the throwing under the bus?

    If he didn't want to throw somebody under the bus he wouldn't have mentioned penalties, because we know well and good who he's throwing under the bus.

    Some Hyper-BQ-Crazy chick explains BQ Nation's feelings well:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/241467-...d-articles-body

    @lumbergh said:

    If he didn't want to throw somebody under the bus he wouldn't have mentioned penalties, because we know well and good who he's throwing under the bus.

    If he wanted to throw somebody under the bus, he'd have mentioned St. Clair specifically.

    Now why don't you go look up what the question BQ was asked prior to that statement, and you'll get your answer as to why he said what he said.