Skip to content

It ain't over 'til it's over...

The Browns Board
59 13 1.8k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Look what they've done to my thread, Ma...

    I'll close this one, h... 😉

    EDIT: Well... would if I could, but not an OP option any longer...

    I think it was worthwhile to go a little off topic here and discuss the relative merits of the vaccines Tour... 

    Just my personal POV in that regard... If you have a choice- get the Pfizer vaccine (I did)... Way less side effects, and no serious reactions to it that I'm aware of.  🙂   

    @hoorta said:

    I think it was worthwhile to go a little off topic here and discuss the relative merits of the vaccines Tour... 

    Just my personal POV in that regard... If you have a choice- get the Pfizer vaccine (I did)... Way less side effects, and no serious reactions to it that I'm aware of.  🙂   

    I got the Moderna.

    My 5G reception is hella good. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Look what they've done to my thread, Ma...

    I'll close this one, h... 😉

    EDIT: Well... would if I could, but not an OP option any longer...

    I think it was worthwhile to go a little off topic here and discuss the relative merits of the vaccines Tour... 

    Just my personal POV in that regard... If you have a choice- get the Pfizer vaccine (I did)... Way less side effects, and no serious reactions to it that I'm aware of.  🙂   

    Well... if you can't close 'em... join 'em.

    @hoorta said:

    I think it was worthwhile to go a little off topic here and discuss the relative merits of the vaccines Tour... 

    Just my personal POV in that regard... If you have a choice- get the Pfizer vaccine (I did)... Way less side effects, and no serious reactions to it that I'm aware of.  🙂   

    As with D.O. Moderna here as well.

    24 hours after dose #2 I knew it was kicking in as I had the fever (101F) to prove it. No biggie... during a 4-hour nap it broke.

    Thing is while we call the vax Moderna and Pfizer, both RDNAs owe their "existence" to a NIH scientist, Dr. Kizzekia "Kizzy" Corbett. It's a pretty cool success story of our government lab programs. https://abcnews.go.com/Health/kizzmekia-corbett-african-american-woman-praised-key-scientist/story?id=74679965

  • Summing up 2020....

    after dark fans?   After Dark Funny Meme Dump 40 Pics  These coronavirus memes, in your moment of levity, spreading faster than COVID-19 - al.com   Tumblr is a place to express yourself, discover yourself, and bond over the stuff you love. It's where your interests connect you with your people. .. 5b0d2875ccd0bfa4911800b222c976a2.jpg

  • @tour2ma said:

    Heard that a court ruled today that if you are an employer you can mandate your employees be vaccinated.

    So bottoms up NFLPA... 😁

    That's unconstitutional... Typical Lib bullshit!

    @nickers said:

    That's unconstitutional... Typical Lib bullshit!

    No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

  • Now that the precedent has been set, I'm an employer and will immediately require anyone working for me to take my non FDA approved injection that reverses anyone afflicted with dumbassism, and prevents it in those yet inflicted.

    I will not be held responsible if it gives them cancer in 3 years or makes them grow a flipper either..... Fuck! This is gonna be sweet!  

    @d-bone said:

    Now that the precedent has been set, I'm an employer and will immediately require anyone working for me to take my non FDA approved injection that reverses anyone afflicted with dumbassism, and prevents it in those yet inflicted.

    I will not be held responsible if it gives them cancer in 3 years or makes them grow a flipper either..... Fuck! This is gonna be sweet!  

    If only something like that actually existed. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Hasn't been seen there of late... Apparently he got so butthurt after I gave him a two day kiddie timeout for repeated profane attacks against another poster he sort of left.  I try not to waste much time there anymore- it's not a discussion forum- it's a right wing opinion forum. I'm pretty sure one of the posters is a certified QAnon true believer, and there's several others right there on the lunatic fringe.  In that regard, from my Moderator POV- I'll just leave them alone. The outcry that I would dare try to keep things civil taught me not to bother in the future. You can post any crackpot right wing conspiracy there with zero fear of being censored for it.  Amazing that of late, 53% of Republicans believe Trump is still the President 🙂  

    Not exactly. Employers DO have the right to discriminate against unhealthy practices in their respective work environments. Stuff like drug testing. A lot of places showing up for work stoned or drunk is going to get you fired, no questions asked. On a personal level- my wife (healthcare worker) decided to quit smoking years ago because- the hospital she works at didn't demand it- but if you tested positive for nicotine, you were going to get charged a hefty premium on your health insurance because of your "freedom" to light up.  

    So in that regard- not being vaccinated against covid certainly does increase your odds of becoming "unhealthy".  It's not just well, you'll be sick for a day or two either. I believe Tex had a friend who spent weeks in ICU on a respirator- and I have a wine group associate that was off work for months post covid, and a year later, she's still not close to 100%. So, since you want to have the freedom to not get your covid shot- you're free to look for a job at an employer who doesn't insist on it.   

    Regarding the NFL- the players aren't being mandated to get vaccinated, but MHO is you're not being a very good teammate if you decide against doing so. Essentially- any of the ancillary staff that decides against getting vaccinated are effectively being banned from any contact at team facilities.  

    Well then they should tell that to half of the employees at Meyer Snow Products where I used to work... The plant Manager, The Union President , And the plant Foreman were always drunk and stoned by 9 am every morning putting everyone's life in jeopardy... The hypocrasy is amazing... Especially since I incurred a back injury due to some idiots ignorance but got off on the fact my piss wound up dirty.. But here's the kicker.. I never drank or got high on the job like these assholes do.. I always kept my business at home. I had to do 12 weeks of Drug rehab which was a total farce.. meanwhile the plant Foreman was tootin coke all day long...

    @nickers said:

    Well then they should tell that to half of the employees at Meyer Snow Products where I used to work... The plant Manager, The Union President , And the plant Foreman were always drunk and stoned by 9 am every morning putting everyone's life in jeopardy... The hypocrasy is amazing... Especially since I incurred a back injury due to some idiots ignorance but got off on the fact my piss wound up dirty.. But here's the kicker.. I never drank or got high on the job like these assholes do.. I always kept my business at home. I had to do 12 weeks of Drug rehab which was a total farce.. meanwhile the plant Foreman was tootin coke all day long...

    Well, OK, so, you had fucking idiots as an employer.    Of course, that was somewhat implicit in the fact that they let you work there in the first place!!???

  • @nickers said:

    Well then they should tell that to half of the employees at Meyer Snow Products where I used to work... The plant Manager, The Union President , And the plant Foreman were always drunk and stoned by 9 am every morning putting everyone's life in jeopardy... The hypocrasy is amazing... Especially since I incurred a back injury due to some idiots ignorance but got off on the fact my piss wound up dirty.. But here's the kicker.. I never drank or got high on the job like these assholes do.. I always kept my business at home. I had to do 12 weeks of Drug rehab which was a total farce.. meanwhile the plant Foreman was tootin coke all day long...

    Well, OK, so, you had fucking idiots as an employer.    Of course, that was somewhat implicit in the fact that they let you work there in the first place!!???

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, OK, so, you had fucking idiots as an employer.    Of course, that was somewhat implicit in the fact that they let you work there in the first place!!???

    (  !  ) <--- Kiss the Moon!

  • @nickers said:

    That's unconstitutional... Typical Lib bullshit!

    No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

    @the-gipper said:

    No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

    To a point  Gipper.  You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

    To a point  Gipper.  You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

    @hoorta said:

    To a point  Gipper.  You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

    ......a protected class. :

    The seventh amendment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, outlines five major protected classes: race, color, religion, sex and national origin. There are now also protections for physical or mental disability, reprisal and, most recently added, sexual orientation.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No.  It isn't.  There is absolutely no governmental action involved in an employer requiring certain things as a condition of employment, particularly for health and safety reasons.   Like requiring a drug test, or any number of other impositions employer's make on their employees as a condition of employment.  Hell, when I worked in a grocery store while in college,  I could not sport facial hair.  

    To a point  Gipper.  You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

    @hoorta said:

    You well know the government commandments. Thou shalt not discriminate on the basis of... Pick one. 

    Of course the counterbalance is an employer's obligation to protect both employees and customer from unreasonable risks.