Skip to content

Extracurricular activites - aks Hobbies

Barber Shop Talk
7 2 597
  • Really the reason I visited this portion of the site is to bring up some things I had thought about when I lived East of the Mississippi, quite a few years / decades ago.

    Wondering how long this video will stay up, but nevertheless, live not too far from the Fraser, and have been there several times (not since the CV hoax) and have seen these particular things.

    Actually, the River not far from me (a couple miles), have things of the same nature - also go Gold Panning there on occasion and never get skunked.

    No, I  don't have the equipment to pull in Nuggets, but Gold and other items are there, and it is a rather enjoyable hobby.

  • I always find tons of fool's gold in Colorado. But who knows one of these days I may stumble across the real thing.?⛏️

  • I always find tons of fool's gold in Colorado. But who knows one of these days I may stumble across the real thing.?⛏️

    @texasag1969 said:

    I always find tons of fool's gold in Colorado. But who knows one of these days I may stumble across the real thing.?⛏️

    CO has a ton of potential.

    I'd suggest checking the River Banks along the Rivers for such items as suggested in the video.

    Definitely Gold in CO if you know what / how to ID the signs.

    The Mountains of CO hold a lot of unique Mineral / Gem deposits - one of the better States to look for these items in 🙂

  • I always find tons of fool's gold in Colorado. But who knows one of these days I may stumble across the real thing.?⛏️

    @texasag1969 said:

    I always find tons of fool's gold in Colorado. But who knows one of these days I may stumble across the real thing.?⛏️

    Besides Gold, there are all kinds of Gem stone opportunities in CO.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I always find tons of fool's gold in Colorado. But who knows one of these days I may stumble across the real thing.?⛏️

    Besides Gold, there are all kinds of Gem stone opportunities in CO.

    @jafbf said:

    Besides Gold, there are all kinds of Gem stone opportunities in CO.

    I found a real pretty rounded multilayered sedimentary rock in the middle of the upper Colorado River which is only about 6-8 inches deep in clear fresh water and maybe 15 ft. across. Rock appears to have been rolling quite a while since it was like an oblong smooth baseball. But about 20 layers of about 1/8 inch or so each. Made the 8 mile RT hike well worth it.

  • @jafbf said:

    Besides Gold, there are all kinds of Gem stone opportunities in CO.

    I found a real pretty rounded multilayered sedimentary rock in the middle of the upper Colorado River which is only about 6-8 inches deep in clear fresh water and maybe 15 ft. across. Rock appears to have been rolling quite a while since it was like an oblong smooth baseball. But about 20 layers of about 1/8 inch or so each. Made the 8 mile RT hike well worth it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I found a real pretty rounded multilayered sedimentary rock in the middle of the upper Colorado River which is only about 6-8 inches deep in clear fresh water and maybe 15 ft. across. Rock appears to have been rolling quite a while since it was like an oblong smooth baseball. But about 20 layers of about 1/8 inch or so each. Made the 8 mile RT hike well worth it.

    Might be worth a picture 🙂

    If it was round, I might wonder if it was a Geode, don't know if they're found in more oval/oblong shapes though.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I found a real pretty rounded multilayered sedimentary rock in the middle of the upper Colorado River which is only about 6-8 inches deep in clear fresh water and maybe 15 ft. across. Rock appears to have been rolling quite a while since it was like an oblong smooth baseball. But about 20 layers of about 1/8 inch or so each. Made the 8 mile RT hike well worth it.

    Might be worth a picture 🙂

    If it was round, I might wonder if it was a Geode, don't know if they're found in more oval/oblong shapes though.

    @jafbf said:

    Might be worth a picture 🙂

    If it was round, I might wonder if it was a Geode, don't know if they're found in more oval/oblong shapes though.

    Definitely not a geode. Too many layers in it which indicate sedimentary rock only. No room for an inner chamber.