Sports distribution map
-
Also not surprised that basketball would be the most popular sport in North Carolina
That would surprise me.... if the survey included...... NASCAR ?
-
I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?
I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?
What would that be?
-
I think it does. Even with that basketball is still more popular
You don't live here... and I do! ?
Duke-UNC posts lowest rating, audience, in at least 14 years Last Saturday’s Duke-North Carolina men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.87 million viewers on ESPN, marking the lowest rated and least-watched game between the rivals since at least 2007.
Plus: NASCAR Clash, Tuesday’s NASCAR “Clash” from Daytona averaged 1.58 million viewers on FS1, marking the event’s smallest audience since at least 2002. Viewership fell 36% from last year, when the race aired on a Sunday (2.46M)
apparently.... 3oo thousand, Wine & cheese'rs... say I was wrong ?
Take a Look at these, F'n Golf ratings...
Phoenix Open final round up double-digits.. Final round coverage of the PGA Tour Phoenix Open averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.69 million viewers on NBC Super Bowl Sunday, up 20% in ratings and 29% in viewership from last year (1.75, 2.87M)
THAT'S INSANE !
-

Most popular sport in each country. By "Football" they of course mean soccer.
The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.
The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US.
Most popular sport in each country. By "Football" they of course mean soccer.
The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.
The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US.
Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years
-
I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?
What would that be?
What would that be?
Why that would be Nero of course. Our Browns fan in eastern Spain.?
-
Most popular sport in each country. By "Football" they of course mean soccer.
The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.
The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US.
Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years
Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years
Like I said, that is a surprise. I knew that Rugby was big there, and of course there is Australian football. But cricket? Never knew.
-
I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan.
-
I think it does. Even with that basketball is still more popular
You don't live here... and I do! ?
Duke-UNC posts lowest rating, audience, in at least 14 years Last Saturday’s Duke-North Carolina men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.87 million viewers on ESPN, marking the lowest rated and least-watched game between the rivals since at least 2007.
Plus: NASCAR Clash, Tuesday’s NASCAR “Clash” from Daytona averaged 1.58 million viewers on FS1, marking the event’s smallest audience since at least 2002. Viewership fell 36% from last year, when the race aired on a Sunday (2.46M)
apparently.... 3oo thousand, Wine & cheese'rs... say I was wrong ?
Take a Look at these, F'n Golf ratings...
Phoenix Open final round up double-digits.. Final round coverage of the PGA Tour Phoenix Open averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.69 million viewers on NBC Super Bowl Sunday, up 20% in ratings and 29% in viewership from last year (1.75, 2.87M)
THAT'S INSANE !
You don't live here... and I do! ?
Duke-UNC posts lowest rating, audience, in at least 14 years Last Saturday’s Duke-North Carolina men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.87 million viewers on ESPN, marking the lowest rated and least-watched game between the rivals since at least 2007.
Plus: NASCAR Clash, Tuesday’s NASCAR “Clash” from Daytona averaged 1.58 million viewers on FS1, marking the event’s smallest audience since at least 2002. Viewership fell 36% from last year, when the race aired on a Sunday (2.46M)
apparently.... 3oo thousand, Wine & cheese'rs... say I was wrong ?
Take a Look at these, F'n Golf ratings...
Phoenix Open final round up double-digits.. Final round coverage of the PGA Tour Phoenix Open averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.69 million viewers on NBC Super Bowl Sunday, up 20% in ratings and 29% in viewership from last year (1.75, 2.87M)
THAT'S INSANE !
Golf is up in part because of the pandemic, I see it on the course myself. A lot of the younger kids came out to learn during the social distancing.
-
I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?
I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?
Northern* Spain

-
I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?
Northern* Spain

-
?
Northeast?
Almost pure North.
-
?
Northeast?
Almost pure North.
Almost pure North.
I was almost pure Spaniard until I discovered my grandparents 5 generations back were pure Cherokee Indians. My niece doing family genealogy research ruined it for me with that news after I thought I actually knew where my straight black hair came from through DNA research. So now it must be from both I guess.?
-
Most popular sport in each country. By "Football" they of course mean soccer.
The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.
The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US.
Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.
Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.
Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey. They’re very intense.
England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since.
-
Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years
Like I said, that is a surprise. I knew that Rugby was big there, and of course there is Australian football. But cricket? Never knew.
Like I said, that is a surprise. I knew that Rugby was big there, and of course there is Australian football. But cricket? Never knew.
What a day this was
-
Like I said, that is a surprise. I knew that Rugby was big there, and of course there is Australian football. But cricket? Never knew.
What a day this was
What a day this was
I don't think anyone here has a clue what just went on there. I mean, it looks like a guy caught what we would call a foul ball.
-
I don't like Cricket, but I like this song:
-
Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.
Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey. They’re very intense.
England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since.
Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey. They’re very intense.
England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since.
Well google “Turkey National Sport”
I didn’t know this type of wrestling existed expect for the movie “Old School”.
Turkey is very formidable at the Olympics when it comes to freestyle and Greco wrestling.
-
I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan.
I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan.
Ha, I'm probably one of the few folks who knows where Bhutan is without looking it up.... Major sport archery? Not mountain climbing?
-
That isn't much of a spectator sport.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login