Skip to content

Sports distribution map

The Browns Board
29 11 656
  • @the-gipper said:

    The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey.  They’re very intense. 
     

    England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years 

    Like I said,  that is a surprise.   I knew that Rugby was big there,  and of course there is Australian football.    But cricket? Never knew. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Like I said,  that is a surprise.   I knew that Rugby was big there,  and of course there is Australian football.    But cricket? Never knew. 

    What a day this was 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Like I said,  that is a surprise.   I knew that Rugby was big there,  and of course there is Australian football.    But cricket? Never knew. 

    What a day this was 

    @londonbrown said:

    What a day this was 

    I don't think anyone here has a clue what just went on there.   I mean, it looks like a guy caught  what we would call a foul ball. 

  • I don't like Cricket,    but I like this song:

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey.  They’re very intense. 
     

    England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey.  They’re very intense. 
     

    England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since. 

    Well google “Turkey National Sport” 

    I didn’t know this type of wrestling existed expect for the movie “Old School”.

    Turkey is very formidable at the Olympics when it comes to freestyle and Greco wrestling.  

  • I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan. 

    Ha, I'm probably one of the few folks who knows where Bhutan is without looking it up.... Major sport archery? Not mountain climbing?   😁 

    Highest Mountain In Bhutan | Gangkhar Puensum, The Highest Unclimbed  Mountain in the World | Times of India Travel

  • That isn't much of a spectator sport.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan. 

    Ha, I'm probably one of the few folks who knows where Bhutan is without looking it up.... Major sport archery? Not mountain climbing?   😁 

    Highest Mountain In Bhutan | Gangkhar Puensum, The Highest Unclimbed  Mountain in the World | Times of India Travel

    @hoorta said:

    Ha, I'm probably one of the few folks who knows where Bhutan is without looking it up.... Major sport archery? Not mountain climbing?   😁 

    Highest Mountain In Bhutan | Gangkhar Puensum, The Highest Unclimbed  Mountain in the World | Times of India Travel

    I know where Bhutan is.  Not far from Kathmandu. (Nepal)

  • That isn't much of a spectator sport.

    @ballpeen said:

    That isn't much of a spectator sport.

    LOL, you do have a point there.  🙂 

    @the-gipper said:

    I know where Bhutan is.  Not far from Kathmandu. (Nepal)

    I said "few" not "only".  🙂 

  • @ballpeen said:

    That isn't much of a spectator sport.

    LOL, you do have a point there.  🙂 

    @the-gipper said:

    I know where Bhutan is.  Not far from Kathmandu. (Nepal)

    I said "few" not "only".  🙂 

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, you do have a point there.  🙂 

    I said "few" not "only".  🙂 

    So,  we are one of "the Few". 

    My cousin was one of the real  "Few",    as in  "Never in the course of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so Few"

    RAF  fighter pilot during Dunkirk and  The Battle of Britain.   He was portrayed by  Tom Hardy in Dunkirk.

    Here they are together:

    Meet Al Deere, the real Kiwi hero of Dunkirk - NZ Herald

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL, you do have a point there.  🙂 

    I said "few" not "only".  🙂 

    So,  we are one of "the Few". 

    My cousin was one of the real  "Few",    as in  "Never in the course of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so Few"

    RAF  fighter pilot during Dunkirk and  The Battle of Britain.   He was portrayed by  Tom Hardy in Dunkirk.

    Here they are together:

    Meet Al Deere, the real Kiwi hero of Dunkirk - NZ Herald

    @the-gipper said:

    So,  we are one of "the Few". 

    My cousin was one of the real  "Few",    as in  "Never in the course of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so Few"

    RAF  fighter pilot during Dunkirk and  The Battle of Britain.   He was portrayed by  Tom Hardy in Dunkirk.

    Here they are together:

    Meet Al Deere, the real Kiwi hero of Dunkirk - NZ Herald

    So this was Gipper's last post. Talking about where Buthan is and the "Few" of the Battle of Britain. 

    I just found out this morning and I'm still shocked.