Skip to content

Sports distribution map

The Browns Board
29 11 656
  • The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

  • The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    @the-gipper said:

    The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    I guess I can only say that I am not sure how wholly accurate this is. It looks like they have Mongolia as the only nation where wrestling is the most popular sport.   Basketball being the most popular sport in The Phillipines is somewhat surprising,  but not so that it is the most popular in Lithuania. Also not surprised that basketball would be the most popular sport in North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas....but I question the accuracy of that when it comes to Arizona and California. 

    They have Austria as the only country in which skiing is the most popular sport.  I would have thought that skiing would also be most popular in like Switzerland and Norway. 

    And it looks like Ping Pong is most popular in China.  Thanks Forrest Gump. 

  • I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    I guess I can only say that I am not sure how wholly accurate this is. It looks like they have Mongolia as the only nation where wrestling is the most popular sport.   Basketball being the most popular sport in The Phillipines is somewhat surprising,  but not so that it is the most popular in Lithuania. Also not surprised that basketball would be the most popular sport in North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas....but I question the accuracy of that when it comes to Arizona and California. 

    They have Austria as the only country in which skiing is the most popular sport.  I would have thought that skiing would also be most popular in like Switzerland and Norway. 

    And it looks like Ping Pong is most popular in China.  Thanks Forrest Gump. 

    @the-gipper said:

     Also not surprised that basketball would be the most popular sport in North Carolina

    That would surprise me.... if the survey included...... NASCAR ?

  • No curling??

  • @the-gipper said:

     Also not surprised that basketball would be the most popular sport in North Carolina

    That would surprise me.... if the survey included...... NASCAR ?

    @gumby73 said:

    That would surprise me.... if the survey included...... NASCAR ?

    I think it does. Even with that basketball is still more popular 

  • I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

    What would that be?

  • @gumby73 said:

    That would surprise me.... if the survey included...... NASCAR ?

    I think it does. Even with that basketball is still more popular 

    @the-gipper said:

    I think it does. Even with that basketball is still more popular 

    You don't live here... and I do! ?

    Duke-UNC posts lowest rating, audience, in at least 14 years Last Saturday’s Duke-North Carolina men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.87 million viewers on ESPN, marking the lowest rated and least-watched game between the rivals since at least 2007.

    Plus: NASCAR Clash, Tuesday’s NASCAR “Clash” from Daytona averaged 1.58 million viewers on FS1, marking the event’s smallest audience since at least 2002. Viewership fell 36% from last year, when the race aired on a Sunday (2.46M)

    apparently.... 3oo thousand, Wine & cheese'rs...  say I was wrong ?

    Take a Look at these, F'n Golf ratings...⛳

    Phoenix Open final round up double-digits.. Final round coverage of the PGA Tour Phoenix Open averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.69 million viewers on NBC Super Bowl Sunday, up 20% in ratings and 29% in viewership from last year (1.75, 2.87M)

    THAT'S INSANE !

  • The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    @the-gipper said:

    The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

    What would that be?

    @the-gipper said:

    What would that be?

    Why that would be Nero of course. Our Browns fan in eastern Spain.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years 

    @londonbrown said:

    Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years 

    Like I said,  that is a surprise.   I knew that Rugby was big there,  and of course there is Australian football.    But cricket? Never knew. 

  • I spent far too much time trying to identify the country in which archery is the biggest sport. That would be Bhutan. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think it does. Even with that basketball is still more popular 

    You don't live here... and I do! ?

    Duke-UNC posts lowest rating, audience, in at least 14 years Last Saturday’s Duke-North Carolina men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.87 million viewers on ESPN, marking the lowest rated and least-watched game between the rivals since at least 2007.

    Plus: NASCAR Clash, Tuesday’s NASCAR “Clash” from Daytona averaged 1.58 million viewers on FS1, marking the event’s smallest audience since at least 2002. Viewership fell 36% from last year, when the race aired on a Sunday (2.46M)

    apparently.... 3oo thousand, Wine & cheese'rs...  say I was wrong ?

    Take a Look at these, F'n Golf ratings...⛳

    Phoenix Open final round up double-digits.. Final round coverage of the PGA Tour Phoenix Open averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.69 million viewers on NBC Super Bowl Sunday, up 20% in ratings and 29% in viewership from last year (1.75, 2.87M)

    THAT'S INSANE !

    @gumby73 said:

    You don't live here... and I do! ?

    Duke-UNC posts lowest rating, audience, in at least 14 years Last Saturday’s Duke-North Carolina men’s college basketball game averaged a 1.1 rating and 1.87 million viewers on ESPN, marking the lowest rated and least-watched game between the rivals since at least 2007.

    Plus: NASCAR Clash, Tuesday’s NASCAR “Clash” from Daytona averaged 1.58 million viewers on FS1, marking the event’s smallest audience since at least 2002. Viewership fell 36% from last year, when the race aired on a Sunday (2.46M)

    apparently.... 3oo thousand, Wine & cheese'rs...  say I was wrong ?

    Take a Look at these, F'n Golf ratings...⛳

    Phoenix Open final round up double-digits.. Final round coverage of the PGA Tour Phoenix Open averaged a 2.1 rating and 3.69 million viewers on NBC Super Bowl Sunday, up 20% in ratings and 29% in viewership from last year (1.75, 2.87M)

    THAT'S INSANE !

    Golf is up in part because of the pandemic, I see it on the course myself.  A lot of the younger kids came out to learn during the social distancing.

  • I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

    Northern* Spain 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm pretty sure they missed a blip out there in eastern Spain.?

    Northern* Spain 😉

    ?

    @nero said:

    Northern* Spain 😉

    Northeast?

  • ?

    @nero said:

    Northern* Spain 😉

    Northeast?

    @texasag1969 said:

    ?

    Northeast?

    Almost pure North.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    ?

    Northeast?

    Almost pure North.

    @nero said:

    Almost pure North.

    I was almost pure Spaniard until I discovered my grandparents 5 generations back were pure Cherokee Indians. My niece doing family genealogy research ruined it for me with that news after I thought I actually knew where my straight black hair came from through DNA research. So now it must be from both I guess.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Number One Sport

    Most popular sport in each country.   By "Football"  they of course mean soccer. 

    The one major surprise to me is that the favorite sport in Australia is cricket. I am just not sure I buy that.   

    The other thing they do is break it down by each state in the US. 

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Very surprised that Countries like Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran that Wrestling isn’t the most popular.

    Ha football (soccer) is an obsession in Turkey.  They’re very intense. 
     

    England and Turkey has had a lot of problems between each other over the years. Two English fans from the club Leeds got stabbed to death out there before a European cup game and it’s been hate on both sides ever since. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Cricket is absolutely huge in Australia, the biggest sporting event in that country is the Ashes cricket series against England which takes place every few years 

    Like I said,  that is a surprise.   I knew that Rugby was big there,  and of course there is Australian football.    But cricket? Never knew. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Like I said,  that is a surprise.   I knew that Rugby was big there,  and of course there is Australian football.    But cricket? Never knew. 

    What a day this was