Lum HAS to be a puppet
-
what happened to Ghoulie? I was amused by his posts when I read them.
Tom V's been banned. Stan may see fit to revoke his probation some time in the future, or he may not. You see, he's a board disruptor extrodinare. Got kicked off the AOL football boards (when AOL was a subscription service) a couple of dozen times, and him and Rich managed to get another message board shut down, because the moderators couldn't keep them in line, and finally gave up.
-
Zombo said:
Lums and Shep were MVPs of the off-season here on the Brownsboard. They were relentless in their stance, stood their ground against whoever challenged them, stayed cool as cucumbers and made everyone think of new ways to frame their arguments. They were so damn relentless we associate each QB with the poster. That's some damn good posting.I had a HELL of a job trying to get everyone to look at DA differently because everyone associated him with Lums so much. Everyone cried about him and he just plugged along doing his thing, irritatingly defending a guy that happens to be a Cleveland Brown.
I don't know who's going to win the starting QB job, but I know we had a lot of fun with it.
Lums is a dude from Oregon with a Derek Anderson fetish. Just accept it. If you put anymore thought into it than that, then you're chasing your tail.
Zombo
With all due respect, Zombo. I disagree. Here is my analysis on Lummy:

Lum is a troll. He is doing it, as they say.... for the lulz. Wether he's an alt account of someone here or not, I don't know (but its probable). Regardless, he's made this board a hell of a lot more entertaining for me, so I can't complain.
-
Tom,
I already stated I'm not losing sleep over the poster in question. Hell, I'm feeding the troll in this very thread. If I had a real issue, I would have PM'd the mods. I don't and I didn't.
The point I was trying to make was to show the irony, as I see it, that the board owner/mods actually perpetuate something that they profess to loathe. So, there seemed to be a logical step that could be taken. Its not like bannings are unprecendented here.
That was it.
I'm already aware I have a choice to visit these boards, and stated up front that this isn't an "issue" for me. This was just conversation.
-
Tom,
I already stated I'm not losing sleep over the poster in question. Hell, I'm feeding the troll in this very thread. If I had a real issue, I would have PM'd the mods. I don't and I didn't.
The point I was trying to make was to show the irony, as I see it, that the board owner/mods actually perpetuate something that they profess to loathe. So, there seemed to be a logical step that could be taken. Its not like bannings are unprecendented here.
That was it.
I'm already aware I have a choice to visit these boards, and stated up front that this isn't an "issue" for me. This was just conversation.
Tom,
I already stated I'm not losing sleep over the poster in question. Hell, I'm feeding the troll in this very thread. If I had a real issue, I would have PM'd the mods. I don't and I didn't.
The point I was trying to make was to show the irony, as I see it, that the board owner/mods actually perpetuate something that they profess to loathe. So, there seemed to be a logical step that could be taken. Its not like bannings are unprecendented here.
That was it.
I'm already aware I have a choice to visit these boards, and stated up front that this isn't an "issue" for me. This was just conversation.
We understand your post Greythan, we're just yanking your chain.
Yes, this is a huge problem for us Mod's. We meet regularly in Atlanta on the first Tuesday of every month to discuss this topic among others. We've pooled some funds together and have hired Wile E Coyote to head up an immediate investigation and capture. We've allotted for an unlimited supply of Acme Company products to help with the cease of this Lums vermin.
Here are the minutes from our last meeting and reports on the progress from Wile E.
"Mr. Coyote states that on August 13th he received via
parcel post one Acme Rocket Sled. The intention of Mr. Coyote was to
use the Rocket sled to aid him in pursuit of Mr. Lumbergh. Upon receipt of
the Rocket Sled Mr. Coyote removed it from its wooden shipping crate and
sighting his prey in the distance, activated the ignition. As Mr.
Coyote gripped thehandlebars, the Rocket Sled accelerated with such
sudden and precipitate force as to stretch Mr. Coyote`s forelimbs to a
length of fifty feet. Subsequently, the rest of Mr. Coyote`s body shot
forward with a violent jolt, causing severe strain to his back and neck
and placing him unexpectedly astride the Rocket Sled. Disappearing over
the horizon at such speed as to leave a
diminishing jet trail along its path, the Rocket Sled soon brought Mr.
Coyote abreast of Mr. Lumbergh. At that moment Lums veered sharply
to the right. Mr. Coyote vigorously attempted to follow
this maneuver but was unable to, due to poorly designed steering on the
Rocket Sled and a faulty or nonexistent braking system. Shortly
thereafter, the unchecked progress of the Rocket Sled brought it and
Mr. Coyote into collision with the side of a mesa.
We are now engaged in a lawsuit with the Acme Company manufacture."
-
@jadbf said:
Zombo....do you really believe Lums stays "cool as a cucumber??" do you really believe that someones whos best retort is. "oh yeah your gay!" is all that cool?Do I really care? not at all, as I said, I enjoy it...just like I enjoy stirring the pot like this...
Heck, maybe I am Lums....
The closest I have seen Lum be "cool as a cucumber" or any semblance of not being a respectful or rational poster is yesterday after he drew the ire Jason up yesterday.
-
@jadbf said:
But IF I were to make a few points. I'd first say as I have said all along. WHO said it has to be one person being the puppet master? Anyone who works with the written language for a living can easily see that Lums posting style can chage daily. So that get's rid of your "Stan is too busy to be Lums". Which is silly in it's own right. No one else will know this, except those that used to post on Browns Revolution. But yeah. Stan's a real busy guy. and heck Back then I believe he was still actually coaching., but still. Back then do any of you old Browns Revolution folks remember Stan hanging out there FOR WEEKS AT A TIME? POSTING EVERY DAY? Fighting with me about how many posters there were here, or fighting with inspecta about why he banned him from here because of advertising? or picking on Rich? or playing games getting Jack all upset?? Yeah STAN was so busy that not only did he own his own message board. But he wasted lots of time argueing with us peons over on a much smaller board.I'm much to busy to read your whole post, but I was able to scan it and find my name a few times.
Wasn't it clever how we got Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson to waffle on securing the starting job to keep our Lum character alive? When we needed a drobbed pass, we tossed a few hundred and a $25 Subway gift card Braylon's way. When Anderson needed help scoring points, we summoned Josh Cribbs to return a punt/kick or two. The real trick came when the Browns changed coaching staffs without first clearing it with us, but Mangini was receptive to going along once we descibed how elaborate we became with this Lumbergh character, he just wouldn't go as far as Crennel and make the coin flip call for us.
-
what happened to Ghoulie? I was amused by his posts when I read them.
Tom V's been banned. Stan may see fit to revoke his probation some time in the future, or he may not. You see, he's a board disruptor extrodinare. Got kicked off the AOL football boards (when AOL was a subscription service) a couple of dozen times, and him and Rich managed to get another message board shut down, because the moderators couldn't keep them in line, and finally gave up.
-
I'm really shocked at how much Lums gets under everyones skin. From an outside perspective, it is Lum who has the many puppets, he calls them Brady Nation.
What would you like for me to say? Should I bother saying that Lums is real and not a made-up character here? Should I reveal that Lums is really a character Zombo made up and occasionally Riffer & I take him out for a ride for shits and giggles?
Yeah ...
From a moderator perspective; what exactly has Lums done wrong to warrant removal from the site? Because he blindly supports our starting QB? Because he can take on the entire Brady Nation on his own like he's freaking Zohan?
Mods, can we change the title of this thread to 'Lums Has to be a Puppet Master'?
I'm really shocked at how much Lums gets under everyones skin. From an outside perspective, it is Lum who has the many puppets, he calls them Brady Nation.
What would you like for me to say? Should I bother saying that Lums is real and not a made-up character here? Should I reveal that Lums is really a character Zombo made up and occasionally Riffer & I take him out for a ride for shits and giggles?
Yeah ...
From a moderator perspective; what exactly has Lums done wrong to warrant removal from the site? Because he blindly supports our starting QB? Because he can take on the entire Brady Nation on his own like he's freaking Zohan?
Mods, can we change the title of this thread to 'Lums Has to be a Puppet Master'?
I agree. Lum is the ruler of these people...he owns them as shown by their constant calling him out before he says a word.

-
@jadbf said:
And Greythan and I now own you for getting you to comment in this thread....Is that how it works?ROTFL I've never understood the "if you respond to an idiot they rule you" theory.
how does it work?
Maybe the only way you don't get owned is to just make grumpy old man comments in every thread?
Thanks Peen...I'll follow your lead....right...
Actually Aten got me to respond.

-
BEEP!..BEEP!!! .......... ZOOoooommmmmmmmmmmmm!
-
@jadbf said:
see he posted right after me!! I OWN HIM!!!!See how silly that line of thinking is?
No...he was replying to you
-
I'm really shocked at how much Lums gets under everyones skin. From an outside perspective, it is Lum who has the many puppets, he calls them Brady Nation.
What would you like for me to say? Should I bother saying that Lums is real and not a made-up character here? Should I reveal that Lums is really a character Zombo made up and occasionally Riffer & I take him out for a ride for shits and giggles?
Yeah ...
From a moderator perspective; what exactly has Lums done wrong to warrant removal from the site? Because he blindly supports our starting QB? Because he can take on the entire Brady Nation on his own like he's freaking Zohan?
Mods, can we change the title of this thread to 'Lums Has to be a Puppet Master'?
I agree. Lum is the ruler of these people...he owns them as shown by their constant calling him out before he says a word.

-
hey Jad....don't take it too seriously...we're good.
-
@inspecta said:
Keep it up fellas. This thread is HILARIOUS!!!Especially you stan. Your doing a great job in here. You've never let me down, and I don't think you ever will.
And ghoolie is a helluva nice guy. Haven't talked to him in a while. We shoot txt msgs back and forth during browns games and have our weekly wrapup on the phone. The guy is even more hilarious in person.
So when you and Lums gonna buddy up?
-
@inspecta said:
Keep it up fellas. This thread is HILARIOUS!!!Especially you stan. Your doing a great job in here. You've never let me down, and I don't think you ever will.
And ghoolie is a helluva nice guy. Haven't talked to him in a while. We shoot txt msgs back and forth during browns games and have our weekly wrapup on the phone. The guy is even more hilarious in person.
So when you and Lums gonna buddy up?
-
@jadbf said:
No again. Lums is not about giving the other posters a punching bag.It's about a few people saying.
"HEHEHE look how cool we are. creating this fake personality and everyone fights with it like it's a real person. WATCH WATCH what I post and see how they react. HEHEHEHE"
That is what my first post said. I think. What does Lumberg think?
-
@inspecta said:
Keep it up fellas. This thread is HILARIOUS!!!Especially you stan. Your doing a great job in here. You've never let me down, and I don't think you ever will.
And Tom V. is a helluva nice guy. Haven't talked to him in a while. We shoot txt msgs back and forth during browns games and have our weekly wrapup on the phone. The guy is even more hilarious in person.
Oh, Tom V. is a great guy in person, and for that matter so is Rich. Met both of them many times. Unfortunately put them on a message board, and pretty soon it breaks down into anarchy.
And FWIW (and I think Stan will agree) we have every reason to believe Lumburgh is a real live person who's an Oregon State alumni living somewhere in Oregon.

-
I think that when it is official and Derek Anderson is annointed the starter on opening day, that we should all pitch in and fly Lumbergh in for the Opening Day Tailgate & Game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login