Skip to content

The Gipper Rest in Peace

The Browns Board
164 52 8.6k 1
  • Very sorry to hear.  RIP Gip.

  • Terrible News... No wonder the Board blew up a few minutes ago...  

    For those who knew him- at least he got to see most of America, and the world before his passing..    🙁  RIP Friend...

  • I'm sitting here literally speechless. Man, life is so fragile.

    RIP Gipper, I will miss your super frustrating posts. Feels like I lost a friend even though I never met you. 

  • I'll miss his visiting America posts. Very sorry to hear this since he had more plans to add to his list of National Parks and other National treasures. RIP Judge Gip.?Go with God.

  • Terrible News... No wonder the Board blew up a few minutes ago...  

    For those who knew him- at least he got to see most of America, and the world before his passing..    🙁  RIP Friend...

    @hoorta said:

    Terrible News... No wonder the Board blew up a few minutes ago...  

    For those who knew him- at least he got to see most of America, and the world before his passing..    🙁  RIP Friend...

    I know sports are trivial, but you hate to think he might miss a Browns title. 

    They were so godawful for so long, finally get good, then this. Fuck.

  • Rest In Peace, Gip. Only got to meet and talk to you one time, but I’ll never forget it. You were an awesome Browns fan and you will be severely missed. 

  • Gipper will be missed for sure. RIP Gip.

    Mike

  • Yikes! Life really is fleeting.. Rest in peace, big guy.

  • I am so sorry for the loss of one of the icons of this board! Gipper please have many of those orange shit shots with Atenears up there and toast to the Browns Superbowl win 2022!!! RIP Gip!!!! 

  • I am so sorry for the loss of one of the icons of this board! Gipper please have many of those orange shit shots with Atenears up there and toast to the Browns Superbowl win 2022!!! RIP Gip!!!! 

    @hag2 said:

    I am so sorry for the loss of one of the icons of this board! Gipper please have many of those orange shit shots with Atenears up there and toast to the Browns Superbowl win 2022!!! RIP Gip!!!! 

    How would someone with 1 post know who is an icon on this board? 

    And why did you change your name from "stanisafag"? 

  • Whoever it is has admin access.

  • @hag2 said:

    I am so sorry for the loss of one of the icons of this board! Gipper please have many of those orange shit shots with Atenears up there and toast to the Browns Superbowl win 2022!!! RIP Gip!!!! 

    How would someone with 1 post know who is an icon on this board? 

    And why did you change your name from "stanisafag"? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    How would someone with 1 post know who is an icon on this board? 

    And why did you change your name from "stanisafag"? 

    First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

  • Wow I can’t believe this news.  He will Definitely be missed.  Very knowledgeable guy, well traveled and always held to his convictions. RIP.   I Hope the Browns can win it all for Gipper. 

  • Zombo said:

    That's Kathy, owner of the board, long story, but she couldn't get logged into her normal account and this one was under her email, and obviously we changed it to something more appropriate.

    Z

    Oh ok, I had this weird feeling it was a certain banned poster... Sorry!

  • Your days normal routine, is just never the same with heartbreaking news like this ?..

    RIP Thomas Gibson aka The Gipper...?

    We've interacted on here, for parts of 7 years on the BB... wishing we got, that Browns fan handshake, at least once 🙁   

     It Hurts! I'm stung..and the words just won't come out.. so I'll leave our ending, with a few lines from a Eagles ? song.. that got my last reaction ? from The Gipper.. 

    What did I respect?

    That Thomas Gipson... was Bold...He was Gutz'y.. He protect himself, from being wrong or right (much respect, and that's ok by me)... But mostly...

    As Loyal of a Browns Fan we could want on here ?...

    His Trivia & Other Sports wisdom, were just as entertaining, That I will miss..

    Sadly with a ?....Farewell To our Browns Brother.... The Gipper... Your Honor.. You will Be Missed !

    Edit-- Thanks @westside-steve ...That had to be tuff news to type for yourself.. Sorry as a personal friend to Gip & to many others...Please keep us updated on arrangements & thanks...   

  • Just adding to the tragedy- me and Gipper have been friends on FaceBook for a long time....  There was a family shinding planned for the end of the month celebrating his son getting his Doctoral degree, and his daughter's marriage. That's turned into a funeral wake....  🙁  

  • I would love to see a picture of the man if anyone has one.... although it will probably be like whenever I finally get to see a radio disc jockey, and I'm like "naw, that ain't you". 

  • Just adding to the tragedy- me and Gipper have been friends on FaceBook for a long time....  There was a family shinding planned for the end of the month celebrating his son getting his Doctoral degree, and his daughter's marriage. That's turned into a funeral wake....  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Just adding to the tragedy- me and Gipper have been friends on FaceBook for a long time....  There was a family shinding planned for the end of the month celebrating his son getting his Doctoral degree, and his daughter's marriage. That's turned into a funeral wake....  🙁  

    I just went on his FB page, Gip announcing this event was his last status he made. 

    He had recently retired I believe, and his wife just had. What a shame. 

  • Sad news - I'm stunned!   I thought we'd have Gipper in here forever posting about the Browns.  This was his home.   

    Rest in Peace Gips!   

  • Wow I was communicating with the man on here only two days ago. 

    Such sad news. RIP