Skip to content

The Gipper Rest in Peace

The Browns Board
164 52 8.6k 1
  • I have fought with myself for days whether or not to post this, and I in no way want to disrespect Gip's goodbye thread and if a mod thinks I have, please delete this as that is not my intention.

    Those that know me here probably know the passion I have for health, food and fitness actually surpasses my passion for the Browns - and by a lot. Hearing Gip's story along with some others I just want to say something.

    It doesn't matter your age, current physical limitations, current weight or any other issues you may have, it is NEVER too late to make a change.... You just have to be the one to do it.

    Small changes in your diet will start to add up, and when combined with some exercise like a 7, 13, 27, 56 (whatever you can do) minute walk 4-5 days a week, and the results will be proven both on a scale and on your blood test results. (( Ask your Dr. to include a C-Reactive Protein (CRP) result in your blood work and educate yourself what the test is for and what the result means - It is literally life or death ))

    I'm not preaching to go vegan or vegetarian, I'm just preaching for you to save your own life.... Gip should've had many more years on this planet before bowing out. Put yourself #1 for a change and tell those around you what you are doing, and you'll be surprised at the support you will receive.

    Don't look for excuses on what you can't do, and instead, look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself what you CAN do.... IT'S NEVER TOO LATE - until that day it finally is. ? 

    @d-bone said:

    I have fought with myself for days whether or not to post this, and I in no way want to disrespect Gip's goodbye thread and if a mod thinks I have, please delete this as that is not my intention.

    Those that know me here probably know the passion I have for health, food and fitness actually surpasses my passion for the Browns - and by a lot. Hearing Gip's story along with some others I just want to say something.

    It doesn't matter your age, current physical limitations, current weight or any other issues you may have, it is NEVER too late to make a change.... You just have to be the one to do it.

    Small changes in your diet will start to add up, and when combined with some exercise like a 7, 13, 27, 56 (whatever you can do) minute walk 4-5 days a week, and the results will be proven both on a scale and on your blood test results. (( Ask your Dr. to include a C-Reactive Protein (CRP) result in your blood work and educate yourself what the test is for and what the result means - It is literally life or death ))

    I'm not preaching to go vegan or vegetarian, I'm just preaching for you to save your own life.... Gip should've had many more years on this planet before bowing out. Put yourself #1 for a change and tell those around you what you are doing, and you'll be surprised at the support you will receive.

    Don't look for excuses on what you can't do, and instead, look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself what you CAN do.... IT'S NEVER TOO LATE - until that day it finally is. ? 

    After all that then you must supplement with Betaforce!!?️‍♂️?

  • this is unreal the board wont be the same without you

  • i mean damnit I have not been here in awhile so i wake up grab a coffee and this is the first thing i see it really makes me sad

  • yeah had to pull myself out of the bottle or years ago i’d have met my end.

    we’re supposed to be strong and face our fears.. had a dear friend just passed in feb. had some kind of simple thing wrong with her and turned into staph infection and organs failed within 3 days. sad sad stuff. 

    now health is number one priority. at 59 best shape of my life. workout and diet. no drink.no smoke. dating 45 year old MILF. life is good!!✌️✌️

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah had to pull myself out of the bottle or years ago i’d have met my end.

    we’re supposed to be strong and face our fears.. had a dear friend just passed in feb. had some kind of simple thing wrong with her and turned into staph infection and organs failed within 3 days. sad sad stuff. 

    now health is number one priority. at 59 best shape of my life. workout and diet. no drink.no smoke. dating 45 year old MILF. life is good!!✌️✌️

    good to see ya sorry it has to be in this topic tho 

    oh hey i still wear that tee shirt u sent me

  • yeah had to pull myself out of the bottle or years ago i’d have met my end.

    we’re supposed to be strong and face our fears.. had a dear friend just passed in feb. had some kind of simple thing wrong with her and turned into staph infection and organs failed within 3 days. sad sad stuff. 

    now health is number one priority. at 59 best shape of my life. workout and diet. no drink.no smoke. dating 45 year old MILF. life is good!!✌️✌️

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah had to pull myself out of the bottle or years ago i’d have met my end.

    we’re supposed to be strong and face our fears.. had a dear friend just passed in feb. had some kind of simple thing wrong with her and turned into staph infection and organs failed within 3 days. sad sad stuff. 

    now health is number one priority. at 59 best shape of my life. workout and diet. no drink.no smoke. dating 45 year old MILF. life is good!!✌️✌️

    Good to see ya back! and.. Healthy!

  • What a shame I just saw this thread, 

    RIP gipper. Dude loved to argue and always gave shit to vagitron. 

  • I’m just now seeing this. Man, what a heartbreaker. Gip was pretty much an icon here. Did he ever lose an argument? I’m truly going to miss his musings and contributions here. Rest in peace Gip.
     

    I’m sure l won’t be the only one thinking “win one for the Gipper” when the season rolls around. 

  • I’m just now seeing this. Man, what a heartbreaker. Gip was pretty much an icon here. Did he ever lose an argument? I’m truly going to miss his musings and contributions here. Rest in peace Gip.
     

    I’m sure l won’t be the only one thinking “win one for the Gipper” when the season rolls around. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Did he ever lose an argument?

    Depends on who you ask...

  • He always had the last word, that's for sure 😁

  • He always had the last word, that's for sure 😁

    @nero said:

    He always had the last word, that's for sure 😁

    Yeah, I'm not sure him beating a dead horse to death long after the other person in the argument stopped caring constitutes "winning"... ?

    I guess Tour is never getting paid that $100 either... 

  • Still, will miss him. 

    Let's win the SB for Gipper and Stan, Browns. 

  • @nero said:

    He always had the last word, that's for sure 😁

    Yeah, I'm not sure him beating a dead horse to death long after the other person in the argument stopped caring constitutes "winning"... ?

    I guess Tour is never getting paid that $100 either... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, I'm not sure him beating a dead horse to death long after the other person in the argument stopped caring constitutes "winning"... ?

    I guess Tour is never getting paid that $100 either... 

    I think that was the strategy every time. How could there be a winner if the argument was still “in progress”? Haha. 

  • Still, will miss him. 

    Let's win the SB for Gipper and Stan, Browns. 

    @nero said:

    Still, will miss him. 

    He was a pompous ass sometimes.  But not all the time.  It's a different board without him.  He's one of my generation.  And I honest to God miss him.

  • @nero said:

    He always had the last word, that's for sure 😁

    Yeah, I'm not sure him beating a dead horse to death long after the other person in the argument stopped caring constitutes "winning"... ?

    I guess Tour is never getting paid that $100 either... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I guess Tour is never getting paid that $100 either... 

    Now THAT is a safe bet...

  • So sad to hear. RIP Gip. Doesn't seem real.

    Definitely had my share of disagreements with him mostly all silly ones. He was without a doubt a true diehard browns fan and I'm glad he got to see the successful season and playoff win last year. I will pray for peace for his family and close friends. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    So sad to hear. RIP Gip. Doesn't seem real.

    Definitely had my share of disagreements with him mostly all silly ones. He was without a doubt a true diehard browns fan and I'm glad he got to see the successful season and playoff win last year. I will pray for peace for his family and close friends. 

    Jesus. Really makes me realize how everyone here is a real person. I almost can't believe it. Gipper...just....damn man. 

  • @nickers said:

    The Gip 2.png

    Found this one posted by Nickers in the Barber Shop... Sadly, It's to awesome not to post it here^^ Thanks Nickers!

  • Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

  • Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

    That's cool. I'm heading up there Aug 2-6, then on to Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP afterwards. 

  • Oh man, this sucks. 

    Gip and I rarely saw eye-to-eye but he was genuinely a nice guy and a god-tier Browns fan.

    This board, and this world, are a little darker without him. 

    RIP to a Browns Board legend and a man who impacted all of our lives in ways he’ll never know.